“Consistently One of The Best”
Review of Qubano Restaurant

Qubano Restaurant
Ranked #11 of 209 Restaurants in Isla Mujeres
Cuisines: Cuban
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Takeout
texas
“Consistently One of The Best”
Reviewed January 30, 2013

Always one of our first stops on the island and it never disappoints. Food is truly exceptional, the mojitos are as authentic as only someone born in Cuba can make them, and Vivian is a great person. Hard to believe someone might think that the food is average or over-priced. The quality of the ingredients and care that goes into the food here is hard to beat. Speaking as a full-time foodie who likes to cook almost as much as I enjoy eating good food, I can heartily recommend this place to anyone. Now as to the cost referred to in a previous posting: three adults ate dinner and drank multiple (large) cocktails for a total cost of 730 pesos --- or about sixty US dollars. Not sure where they eat out at home, but this does not seem unreasonable to me. Again, quality costs whether in Toronto or Isla Mujeres, or Dallas. I can only hope that they join Vivian for lunch someday and try the Vivian's salad or the Cuban sandwhich --- two dishes I wish I could get as good back in the states.

“Too pricey”
Reviewed January 28, 2013 via mobile

We had dinner here tonight based on reviews I've read. The food was good, not great and I'm sorry but that's too much money given the type of food that we had. $140-$150 per plate for beans, potatoes and shredded beef.... Nope. So, 4 cocktails and 3 meals was $730 pesos. The help was flat and plain, no spirit. Won't be back.

Fernandina Beach, Florida
“For Sure”
Reviewed January 28, 2013

You must go to Qubano! I have never tasted a Cuban Sandwich so good and the Toston was amazing.The atmosphere is relaxing and the owner Vivian is interesting,engaging and will tell you like its is for sure. I returned here 3 more times on my trip. It was such delicious, consistent and outstanding food all around. I even ordered for the road trip on my bike. The watermelon water is worth the visit as well. I will be back again and totally recommend Qubano for a must stop on Mujeres!

Miami, Florida
“Great food”
Reviewed January 27, 2013

At our arrival to Isla Mujeres we came upon Qubano where we had the incredible Toston Sandwich. A sandwich made with marinated chicken with a sweet toston instead of bread covered with onions in a mojo sauce. The sweet, salty well seasoned sandwich was as exciting as the owner Vivian whom as well as her staff made us feel welcome and comfortable. The minty mojitos and the cheese stuffed slider samplers were very tasty as well. You should also try her daily specials.

Winnipeg, Canada
“Terrific food, great service”
Reviewed January 27, 2013

We ended up eating dinner at Qubano two nights in a row. The first time we shared the Hungarian Potatoes and the shrimp (with a delicious spicy mayonnaise) - they we both delicious. We decided to return the next night because we wanted to try the hamburger sliders filled with cheese - we also ordered fries. These we also delicious and filling (the sliders are pretty substantial). None of this sounds too Cuban - and I guess it isn't - however every morsel was delicious and we would definitely return. Perhaps to try the Cuban specialties. Well, I shouldn't forget the Mojitos - they were excellent! Also, our experience with the staff at dinner time was fantastic - they were professional and attentive.