“Great Fishing Operation”

Keen M International
More attraction details
Owner description: Deep sea fishing charters in the Cancun - Isla Mujeres area, vessels "Keen M" 41 ft & "LillyM 36 ft., our target is Atlantic Sailfish, white and blue marlin, dorado, tuna, whahoo, kingfish and snapper. Underwater diving sailfish encounters are amazing!
Reviewed February 19, 2014

I am an avid fisherman, have two boats of my own, and have fished on many fishing operations. Based upon reviews, I chose Keen M for my vacation to Isla Mujeres and I wasn't disappointed.

I booked a full day offshore fishing (8 hours) for Sailfish for myself and my two sons. When we got to the boat, it was evident that this was a professional organization. The boat was immaculate and well organized.

Once fishing, it was apparent that Tito was a fishing magician. We marvelled as he handled six lines as the captain would circle over feeding bait fish and without a tangle. It was really something to see.

Initially, we did not have much success despite our efforts. A radio call from Captain Anthony who runs Keen M advised our captain that the fish were biting about 40 miles offshore (which was almost 30 miles from our present location) and he instructed our captain to take us to where the fish were and get his guests onto some fish.

After a lengthy run in some significant chop, we found the birds and it know time we were hooking up with some very strong Sailfish. After boating and releasing 4 of these beautiful fish, we were ready to head in but our Captain (Miguel/Michael?) and Tito insisted that we keep fishing. Another 2 great fights later and we had gone 6 for 6 on Sailfish plus a nice little Mahi Mahi that we kept for dinner.

The bottom line is that this is a serious fishing operation with Anthony obviously committed to keeping his guests happy. I understand that it is fishing and not catching so obviously there are no guarantees but Keen M will do whatever it takes to get you onto fish.

The price doesn't seem cheap but as a boat owner, I understand how expensive it is to run a boat and on our day, we covered over 100 miles on the water.

If you are serious about wanting to catch Sailfish then this is definitely the operation to choose - great crew, top notch boat and equipment, and for them it is all about making customers happy. Epic trip!!!

Reviewed May 5, 2013

The most professional, experienced captains and crew in the area. They have been successfully fishing this area for many years. Safe trips, well maintained boats and oh yes, did I mention fish....

Reviewed April 27, 2013

This was our third time fishing the Keen M with Anthony. The morning was slow and we only caught one dorado. Anthony is a real professional. By afternoon the fishing was off the charts. We caught and released 7 sails. I like the fact that he uses circle hooks and does his best to ensure their survivability.

1  Thank JonTon102
Reviewed March 26, 2013

I've fished with the Keen fleet of boats on 3 different occasions and always had an excellent experience. They offer a top-flight sail fishing experience in addition to action packed bottom fishing for a variety of other species. Being an experienced angler, I have lofty expectations when taking a charter and they have delivered each and every time; weather just going with my dad or bringing along my wife and/or sister, they do a great job of making sure everyone has a great time while on their boats. I'd endorse them for anyone from a first timer looking to try something fun and exciting to an experienced angler getting their fix. A+ outfit all the way.

Reviewed March 19, 2013

We can't thank you enough for the wonderful fishing trip we had aboard the Andrea M with Captin David and first mate Tito. Our 19 yr. old daughter, Olivia, caught her first sailfish-priceless! She and Tito held it up for terrific pictures. Those guys worked overtime to put us on fish and sailfish, despite the 12 to 15 foot rollers on the way out!! Capt. David and Tito made us laugh the whole time and were patient with us girls (we didn't lose a fish-wow!). Thanks so much, we will be back to fish with those guys and Anthony's charters! It's so nice to feel safe and have fun, especially when you have your children with you and David and Tito are definately experienced and professional!!
Muchos Gracias!!! Parker, Scott, & Olivia Huneycutt