“Excellent!”

Bally Hoo Restaurant & Fish Tacos
Ranked #39 of 231 Restaurants in Isla Mujeres
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch
Description: Located on the sea level in the unique blue-turquoise beaches in Isla Mujeres, Quintana Roo, Mexico. Come and enjoy with us for a healthy breakfast to a delicious dinner overlooking the sea. A place where you can enjoy our catch of the day, as well as our selection of steaks, famous margaritas Bally-Hoo and an extensive menu, from where you can find tickets to specialty dishes. Our experience supports us in service since 2003. Bally-Hoo Isla Mujeres the best choice on the island Ask about our special Margaritas: Traditional, Mango, Isla Mujeres and the house specialty "Margarita Bally-Hoo."
Reviewed November 26, 2010

We had breakfast here and loved everything about this place especially the people!

Solange and Wilberth are absolutely wonderful people..I can't say enough about them! The restarant views are beautiful..I can only image what sunset would be like sitting there have a drink and a meal.

Thank you for a wonderful time! We'll be back!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,103)

Reviewed November 19, 2010

Low season, only us at the restaurant (its on a dock). I had the fish tacos, which were GREAT! I was dying for some real fish tacos with cabbage... Miguel's disappointed the night before with lettuce and flour tortillas... Anyway, the guacamole was good. My friend got the stuffed fish which was also great. We'll be back!!! Also got the fish ceviche, very fresh and good!!

Reviewed October 4, 2010

We have been going to Bally Hoo's for years and it is always good. This year we went fishing with Anthony and the Bally Hoo chef prepared the dinner. I don't even like fried fish and this was AMAZING, AMAZING!!! Wilbur (one of the waiters) is precious and always has a sweet smile for you! We love sitting at the table on the corner of the pier on the water. Nice atmosphere, and no matter how hot it is, there is always a great breeze at Bally Hoo's!

Reviewed September 15, 2010

Our most pleasant surprise of the week--a place I perceived as a bar with food had great food and extremely friendly service, along with a waterfront setting. We started with guacamole (the best we had on Isla) and a salsa with an unusual sweetness. Their fish tacos are grouper, with just the right amount of crispy batter and not at all greasy. They offer three house sauces for the tacos, but after trying the tamarind I used it on all three! Total for 3 1/2 people (my wife stuck to guacamole and chips since we were about to dive) was 350 pesos with tip, making it very economical as well.

1  Thank DMartin216
Reviewed August 30, 2010

We went at Bally Hoo twice during our trip on Isla Mujeres. The guacamole was great (I'm addicted) and like every one else said, so were the fish tacos and the fish and chips (and it's CHEAP!). Our waiter was the sweetest I've stumbled across while on the island both times we were there. We wanted to go a 3rd time... but also wanted to try somewhere else.

We loved sitting on a dock watching the birds and the sea. Very nice, even if it was super hot we always got a nice breeze, so it was never too hot, even in August.

Best value restaurant we've tried in Isla. Will definitely be back!

1  Thank avapopelectric