“My favorite place on the island”

Bally Hoo Restaurant & Fish Tacos
Ranked #39 of 233 Restaurants in Isla Mujeres
Good for: Families with children, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night
Description: Located on the sea level in the unique blue-turquoise beaches in Isla Mujeres, Quintana Roo, Mexico. Come and enjoy with us for a healthy breakfast to a delicious dinner overlooking the sea. A place where you can enjoy our catch of the day, as well as our selection of steaks, famous margaritas Bally-Hoo and an extensive menu, from where you can find tickets to specialty dishes. Our experience supports us in service since 2003. Bally-Hoo Isla Mujeres the best choice on the island Ask about our special Margaritas: Traditional, Mango, Isla Mujeres and the house specialty "Margarita Bally-Hoo."
Reviewed March 8, 2010

Fabulous ceviche, fish tacos, shrimp tacos, mojitos, wonderful atmosphere. We ate here over and over because we couldn't stay away. Loved everything about it. Service was slowish, like all service on the island, but what's the hurry anyway? I will dream about this place.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,103)

Reviewed February 27, 2010

Bally Hoo is a lovely outdoor restaurant overlooking one of the marina's on Isla.
My husband and I stopped in four times during our one week stay
The staff and the service is outstanding - from the waiters to the bar staff - they go out of their way to make you feel at home. The drinks and guac at sunset -totally amazing! We enjoyed a mexican prepared lobster one evening and the prices are so reasonable and the service outstanding.
I can not wait until we go back next year for the wonderful coffee and mexican omlets prepared by the lovely lady behind the bar. Sol is a sweetheart and was a wonderful breakfast host. One morning she walked to the end of the dock with me to coach me on feeding the fish. We met so many wonderful people on Isla, - Sol and her husband Miguelangel are just a few of them. What a great experience!

1  Thank LaurieSyracuseNY
Reviewed February 11, 2010

We just ate here for lunch, but had a great experience.

Wife had fish and chips. The fries were a little cold, and the ketchup tasted like "foreign" ketchup, but the fish was OUTSTANDING. Almost a tempura-like coating. I think they serve the same fried fish on their fish tacos. When we go back, I'll definitely try that.

I had the fish ceviche. Was very nice. Not sure if it was the best on the island, but this was our last lunch before we left , and I was not dissappointed in the least.

We will gladly return.

Reviewed January 28, 2010

We ate here 4 times on our trip. The same meal everytime - fish tacos and beer, while watching the sunset.

Reviewed December 18, 2009

We ate here one evening (Dec 15). We loved the location over the water, our waiter was very attentive, the prices were fair, but the food was really not very good. The chicken fajitas were very dry and tasteless, and the house speciality Brazile(?) fish (fish and shrimp in a coconut sauce) was just okay. At least the beer was cheaper than most places.