“Fresh fish, cool staff and nice boats!”

Bally Hoo Restaurant & Fish Tacos
Ranked #15 of 228 Restaurants in Isla Mujeres
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Dinner
Description: Located on the sea level in the unique blue-turquoise beaches in Isla Mujeres, Quintana Roo, Mexico. Come and enjoy with us for a healthy breakfast to a delicious dinner overlooking the sea. A place where you can enjoy our catch of the day, as well as our selection of steaks, famous margaritas Bally-Hoo and an extensive menu, from where you can find tickets to specialty dishes. Our experience supports us in service since 2003. Bally-Hoo Isla Mujeres the best choice on the island Ask about our special Margaritas: Traditional, Mango, Isla Mujeres and the house specialty "Margarita Bally-Hoo."
Reviewed November 30, 2013

We had been to Bally Hoo once before, last May, and raved about the delicious fish and chips and coconut shrimps to our friends and family. We returned to Isla a few weeks ago with my parents, who love seafood, and Bally Hoo was on our "must" list.
No one was disappointed. We had amazing food: coconut shrimp, fish and chips and a snapper filet. Amazing giant margaritas and a great view made for a perfect night.
What really made Bally Hoo a hit was the great service. Wilma and Albert were super attentive to my parents and little 4 year old nephews needs and made sure we were all happy, hydrated and having a good time.
My husband and I returned a second time and everything was just as good. We love this place and will return again and again.
Be sure to walk up and down the dock and check out the fancy boats docked! Love to day dream :)

Write a ReviewReviews (1,070)

Reviewed November 28, 2013

over water setting, waves lapping, friendly service, a phenomenal Baja Fish Taco and fried calamari like I have never seen. Its simple, friendly and inviting. The kind of place you can sit out for hours sipping beer and munching on the best Baja style Fish Taco's I have even found. Fish battered and fried to perfection. I just left and can't wait to go back. its an annual tradition for our family. The children eat and then jump off the dock into the pristine waters and play on the beach while we relax. It just does not get better.

Reviewed November 27, 2013

Just arrived in Isla Mujeres after a long five days at sea coming from Florida. What an amazing way to hit port at Bally Hoo's for some fish tacos and rum. Service and staff extremely friendly and attentive! Will be back for breakfast.

Reviewed November 27, 2013

Hidden behind the gas station in downtown Isla Mujeres, Bally Hoo is the perfect day drinking hole in the wall...only there are no walls. The little restaurant sits right on the docks, fish swimming under the wood planks acting as the floor. Pelicans dive into the water or just sit there on the docks watching you as you eat incredibly fresh and perfectly breaded fish. The fries are run of the mill, frozen deals but I dig that so it's a win/win for me.

Good drinks, cold beer. Great way to spend your last hours on the island before jumping on the ferry right down the road.

Reviewed November 25, 2013

We went Sunday after Church services. There were 10 of us. We ordered drinks, my husband & I both had mojitos & I had a Strawberry margarita. Both were good. And most everyone ordered the fish tacos, except me. I had the shrimp tacos. Which were good but the fish tacos are the way to go! 3 taco for 75 pesos and the guacamole was great and the chips very fresh best I've had on Isla! We also had breakfast there a few days before. Food was good... Only wish they served lunch all day. I would have gotten the tacos for breakfast. Love the view! Always come here at least once- everytime we are on Isla.