“Great Atmosphere”

Bally Hoo Restaurant & Margaritas Bar
Ranked #15 of 201 Restaurants in Isla Mujeres
Good for: Romantic, Scenic view, Kids, Families with children, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Bar scene, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Drinks, Lunch, Dinner, Brunch, Breakfast, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wine and Beer
Description: Located on the sea level in the unique blue-turquoise beaches in Isla Mujeres, Quintana Roo, Mexico. Come and enjoy with us for a healthy breakfast to a delicious dinner overlooking the sea. A place where you can enjoy our catch of the day, as well as our selection of steaks, famous margaritas Bally-Hoo and an extensive menu, from where you can find tickets to specialty dishes. Our experience supports us in service since 2003. Bally-Hoo Isla Mujeres the best choice on the island Ask about our special Margaritas: Traditional, Mango, Isla Mujeres and the house specialty "Margarita Bally-Hoo."
Kansas City, Missouri
“Great Atmosphere”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 20, 2013

We love this place. We have been to the island twice and each time traveled over we stopped by. The first time we went for both lunch and dinner. The fish tacos are our favorite and are so fresh and simple. They are located right at the front of the fishing dock, so you know they ate getting the fresh catch each day. Prices ate great and atmosphere is lai back. Service is very friendly and quick. Can't recommend this place enough!

• Polish first
London, Ontario, Canada
“Bally Hoooooo”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 20, 2013

I've just returned from a week in Isla. I'm hooked. The minute I got off the ferry I headed over. Had a great Margarita and some guacamole. I think I returned 5 out of 7 days there.. for a drink or a bit. The fish tacos were awesome!!!! The staff was soo friendly. The waitress we had for the most part was Wilma. Lots of fun and really friendly. I LOVE their bloody cesars too.. Next time I'll watch them make it so I can bring the secret back to Canada with me. Heading back to Isla in January and I am sure I will drop into visit with these wonderful people!

Visited November 2013
1 Thank Sandy M
Manchester
“Sit Com Style Rip Off”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 11, 2013 via mobile

Was lured into this place on the beach for a cocktail and won't be going back. We were the only people in (they even felt compelled to have a sign up saying "yes, we are open") and were promised 2 for 1 drinks.

The margaritas were really poor so we drank some and left the rest. I was informed as I went to pay that when the cocktails were 2 for 1 , they went up by 50%!! I did discuss this briefly but realised this wasn't a place I'd be coming back to. We agreed a slightly lower price and left the bar man clear on our views. Visit at your peril but, if you do, agree the cost before ordering!

Visited November 2013
Nova Scotia
“Never disappoints!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 10, 2013

We've visited Ballyhoo many times over the past few years, and keep going back! The owner even recognized us which was a shock, as it's been over a year (thanks for the free beer!) The fish tacos are made with battered fish but I don't care if that isn't "correct", they are very tasty and satisfying. The fish and chips are great too.

We miss the place already... we will be back next time we visit Isla!

Oshkosh, Wisconsin
“GREAT sunsets!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 8, 2013

Sunsets cannot be more magical. This gem is hidden BEHIND the gas station on main road by ferry dock. Guac is a MUST TRY! Best we had. The ceviche was GREAT - drinks are reasonable. Tacos are very good -- salsa was as well.
Serious sunset watching in a non-crowded place. Heaven.