“Not sure why everyone loves this place”

Bally Hoo Restaurant
Ranked #16 of 211 Restaurants in Isla Mujeres
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch
Description: Located on the sea level in the unique blue-turquoise beaches in Isla Mujeres, Quintana Roo, Mexico. Come and enjoy with us for a healthy breakfast to a delicious dinner overlooking the sea. A place where you can enjoy our catch of the day, as well as our selection of steaks, famous margaritas Bally-Hoo and an extensive menu, from where you can find tickets to specialty dishes. Our experience supports us in service since 2003. Bally-Hoo Isla Mujeres the best choice on the island Ask about our special Margaritas: Traditional, Mango, Isla Mujeres and the house specialty "Margarita Bally-Hoo."
Reviewed April 20, 2013

After spending hours and hours planning our excursion to Isla Mujeres I decided we HAD to have lunch at Bally Hoo to try the fish tacos. We finally made it there last week and 2 of us ordered the fish tacos, others ordered the coconut shrimp, fried shrimp and various other dishes. The view was lovely and the service was excellent, however the fish tacos made me think I was a Long John Silvers....We tried to pick off all the breading and there was very little fish. The meal comes with 3 tacos and we ended up leaving 2 on the plate. A couple of days later we went to La Buena Vida in Akumal and had grilled fish tacos that were excellent.

2  Thank luv2travel1
There are newer reviews for Bally Hoo Restaurant

Reviewed April 8, 2013

I must admit that I thought this place was rated so well was by day trippers who hit this place right off the ferry. But after all the chatter about the fish tacos (and after the first few places I wanted to try were closed), I went here to get takeout for lunch at Playa Norte. It's behind the gas stations so missed it the first two times I walked by. Spent the time walking there to try and muster up my spanish enough to get a couple beers while I waited and then get the fish tacos to go. Turns out the bartender was from San Diego. He actually talked me out of the fish tacos and on to the Fish&Chips (70 pesos). They were still piping hot by the time they got to the beach and they were great (grouper I think). Very flaky with a crispy, panko-like crust. Highly recommend them for lunch on the beach.

Reviewed April 4, 2013

Great fish tacos, love the margaritas & the view is incredible!
Bought my son a Bally Hoo t-shirt too, very nice!

Reviewed March 31, 2013

Nice place to go for sunset, have a drink and some fish tacos. Something so nice about sitting out over the water.

Reviewed March 26, 2013

Our second visit to IM in three years brought us back to Bally Hoo for a 2nd time. While they're infamous for their fish tacos, I've yet to try them since they're the fried sort. (I prefer mine grilled). Even still, Bally Hoo offers good food in a great location - I mean, where better to eat in IM than on a dock overlooking fishing boats on the blue-green waters?

The good? Their guacamole is top notch, the ceviche is fresh, and their beer is always cold. If the fish tacos aren't your thing, I would avoid the chicken/steak ones - they're okay, but on IM you can find much better.