“Enjoyed our stay”

Ranked #36 of 52 Hotels in Cozumel
Toronto, Canada
“Enjoyed our stay”
Reviewed December 18, 2011

I stayed at Hotel la Casona Real for 8 days while in mexico on holidays with my sister in November. It is a very clean and charming hotel.. The staff are very nice and it is a very good value. It is close to the town, Our room was on the pool side which I would recommend because it is very quiet. We really love Cozumel and I am hoping to return this spring with my husband and we will definitely be staying at this hotel.

Room Tip: Ground floor and pool side
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank Joelle257

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
des moines
Reviewed December 12, 2011

The rooms get real dark and quiet at night so the sleep was fantastic. The front desk was helpful and everything was run quite smoothly and nicely. We paid $45 US per night and were happy with the hot shower because it was cool and windy. Whole hotel is decorated in hacienda pastels, very nice and away from town center. We rented bicycles for a couple of days and they let us keep them out by the pool. The odd thing is the restaurant was in the outdoor pool area. We were very tired and hungry so we had something there in the afternoon on arrival and then breakfast one morning. When we first arrived I asked the waiter what kind of beer they had the waiter said, "Corona, Sol, Lager (My heart started sinking but finally he said) NEGRA MODELO." Yes!! Food pretty good really.
It would've felt a little odd sunning by the pool while families or groups were eating...
There is a fairly rough cantina kitty-corner from the hotel so i had a few beers while my wife took a nap. They close at 7:00 so no noise problem.

Room Tip: Cash gets a discount
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
Victoria, Canada
Reviewed September 16, 2011

I spent only a few days at La Casona and loved every minute. The hotel is charming, the staff were friendly, and the rooms were spotless. There is really nothing to complain about. Three days in Cozemel was too short for me. I am already planning a trip back!

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank MJaworsky
Ft Worth
Reviewed September 7, 2011

We just stayed at La Cosona Real.. We had a very good time. The staff was very friendly and helpful, the rooms were clean, the beds were firm, the linen was clean, the restaurant and bar were very reasonable. It is very centrally located and convenient to the pier, restaurants, central market, supermarket, and shopping, while stil lbeing a small hotel with quiet central courtyard and pool area. All in all the best value for my money of my 4 trips to Cozumel so far.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
Victoria, Canada
Reviewed July 29, 2011

Spent a week at the Hotel La Casona and it was a week that I will never forget. The staff and service was out of this world. I felt like I was vacationing at my home away from home. Knowledgeable, friendly, clean and fun. Great location on the island. Cannot say enough good things! Stay here for the best time of your life in Cozumel.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with friends
1 Thank merl2
Michigan
Reviewed March 14, 2011

We stayed here from Feb 25 thru March 8th. Wonderful location walking distance from everything. I don't have anything bad to say about La Casona Real! Rooms are absolutely spotless. Nice cozy small hotel. Staff is great. Don't speak a lot of English, but no big deal to us. First room the shower really didn't get hot enough but no problem, she let me go into another room and check it myself and we moved over there without a blink of the eye! For $45.00 a night including tax, it was a steal and a wonderful stay. I told her we will be back. If you have any questions, don't hesitate to email me. Also - we walked back late late at night from all the nightlife in town and Mardi Graw events every
evening feeling completely safe. All I know is when we go back, I'm contacting Hotel La Casona Real for our stay!

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank skmichigan
Stockholm, Sweden
Reviewed January 8, 2011

We had a room toward the inner garden. It was clean and quiet. The hotel is located very close to the downtown. Easy access to shops, restaurants and dive shops. If you are looking for beaches, then you shouldn't stay in the city at all. All the receptionists were friendly, although they speak limited English.

All in all, it was good price value.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple