“Traditional Italian - with a great Mexican Twist”
Review of Sorrisi

Sorrisi
Ranked #19 of 415 Restaurants in Cozumel
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Special occasions, Large groups, Romantic, Families with children, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed June 28, 2013

We always feel so special when we visit Sorrisi! The Italian owner is a gracious, charming host who pays close attention to all the details of a classic Italian restaurant. The brick arches, beautiful table settings, fabulous wine list, conscientious and professional service -- not to mention the divine food -- makes one feel as if you were eating in Rome. (And we should know, having been there several times.) My Italian husband loves this place, so we went there to celebrate his birthday. It is low season here, so there was only one other group party of 6 in the restaurant; we were all treated with special attention and care. The other group was totally ecstatic about everything they ate (especially fresh fish choices), while we truly enjoyed our freshly-prepared Sangria (ours with an Italian Pinot Grigio; refreshing and very tasty), lasagna, and Gnocci stuffed with fresh lobster. The wait staff and/or owner must have heard me toast my husband for his birthday, and they surprised us with a candle in our yummy chocolate dessert brownie, singing "Tante Auguri" while we laughed and took photos. A delightful evening - which describes every visit we have made to Sorrisi. Glad we will be on island another few weeks so we can enjoy at least one more visit!

Reviewed June 19, 2013

Sorrisi's is AMAZING! The owner of this restaurant took great care in creating such a special place - the red brick + wood + glass interior and exterior finishes and decor, the menu, the wine list, even the character of the staff. The staff brings the Sicilian charm to Mexico. The food is absolutely exceptional. My husband and I shared the Mona Lisa platter which includes fresh lobster, calamari and more - perfectly prepared and such a pretty presentation. Other people in our party had: the caviar + salmon spaghetti and the fish that is wrapped and steamed with olives/sundried tomatoes, etc. Every dish I saw was beautiful and everything I tasted was delicious. Also - the house specialty tiramisu was beyond words. You MUST save room for it when you dine here! Lastly, Sorrisi's had and excellent wine list including a hefty selection of half-carafes which was perfect for my husband and me to share.

Reviewed June 17, 2013

My husband and I discovered Sorrisi on our last night in Cozumel. Wish we had found it sooner, this was an outstanding dinner! Sirloin strip steak exceptional and the service too! We will eat here again on our next visit to Cozumel!

Reviewed June 13, 2013

I have had great Italian food in the past, but this was the best. The owner was very kind and very helpful in suggesting what food and wine he recommended. All of the waiters were also very good.

I would not hesitate to recommend this place. Although it was not cheap ($30 for steak) it was worth it.

Reviewed June 3, 2013

This restaurant was recommended by our divemaster for great steaks. The ambiance was great. The owner helped us with the menu and all of the items he recommended were great. Too much food. The food was expensive but worth it. Definitely one of the best meals I have ever had.