“Very tasty”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Sorrisi

Sorrisi
Ranked #42 of 363 Restaurants in Cozumel
Cuisines: Italian, Seafood, European, Pizza
Good for: Special occasions, Business meetings, Families with children, Romantic, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Delivery, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wine and Beer
Berlin, Germany
“Very tasty”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 15, 2013

Dishes which I've ordered were just perfect. I liked the service very much but I would like the tablecloth to be more fresh.

Visited April 2012

Playa del Carmen, Mexico
“Over priced and dusty.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 7, 2013

The Pizza is good. The service can be improved!
And the place could be dusted once in a while.

There are better places To go To tan tris one.
Over priced.

Visited October 2012
New York, NY
“My favorite dining experience in Cozumel!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 2, 2013

I happened upon Sorrisi by asking a taxi driver for the best Italian food on the island....the two drivers standing there both sent me to Sorrisi.

And...they were spot on!

The food was to die for, service was pretty good....and it was a delicious break from all the mexican options around. After a few days you get a little tired of mexican, am I right?!

There's some reviews here that talk about the owner running around. If you know Italians, you'll know he was just being himself. His staff was courteous and helpful...and the owner very pleasant. I think he just has a lot of energy and doesn't sit still. I actually like that he interacts with his customers and participates in whats going on.

I went twice during my trip. Once on my second night, and also on New Years Eve. They had a pre-set menu on NYE...and I was a little disappointed at first. The owner was nice enough to offer me my choice off the menu if he already had it prepared. Pre-set menu's obviously enable you to keep up with a busy night...I get that. But I came for the options and the quality of the food.

I would definitely suggest this restaurant. And I'd suggest it twice!

• Visited December 2012
“Very disorganized, poor service.”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 25, 2012

This place had good food (except the desserts which were awful), but the service was awful. The owner was very "smiley" and I counted 6 people in the kitchen and 4 servers, all for 8 seated tables, but the owner ran around in a frenzy doing everything himself as he yelled at his staff. He literally took orders, served food, cooked and cleared while the others just stood there. Unfortunately, this meant everyone in our party of four got their meals about 5 minutes apart. The same thing was happening at the other 7 tables. Very unfortunate. Owner either complete control freak or has the most incompetent staff, either way, service was very bad. No one got refills, all got served at different times and practically had to beg for a dessert menu. Took well over 2 1/2 hours from beginning to end with much of it spent waiting for food, watching owner run around creating an uncomfortable atmosphere at best. Plus, restaurant was very hot!

1 Thank Cggueli67
Cozumel, Mexico
“Good, but not great”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 12, 2012

I've had some fairly good meals here, but in general I think it's overpriced for what they offer. The last time several of us went there for dinner we asked if they were going to turn on the air conditioning as it was hot inside. They replied that the air conditioning was on. One of the people in our group really likes their food but even she was not willing to stay, so we all walked out.

• Visited September 2012