Just returned from a 10 day stay on Isla Cozumel for a wedding. We were recommended to stay at Villa Escondida by friends who live on the island. When we drove up to the entrance-a red door on a typical looking busy street in San Miguel-we were a bit nervous. What had we booked-right in the middle of the busy downtown area? All nervousness was laid to rest once we entered the inner sanctum that is Villa Escondida. LOVELY! A beautiful garden setting awaited us with a pool, covered verandas, lounge area for indoor relaxing and a very privately laid out guest room-one of four. The room was cozy, big bed, plenty of space in the armoire for 10 days worth of attire and a nice, clean bathroom. Although our location was very close to the bustle of San Miguel we slept so soundly that the first few nights we awoke thinking we were still at home! Villa Escondida is walled in all around by the adjoining buildings which provides a sense of security and privacy as well as sets the tone for the lush gardens.
Our hosts, Magda and David, are lovely people. The information they gave us about dining, car rental, beaches, stores and the things they shared about life on Cozumel were all accurate and interesting. Oh-and and Magda's breakfasts were to die for! Sopes, Chilaquile, Panuchos and more delighted us daily as we ate breakfast outside. Magda was proud that she did not repeat the same menu once in 10 days. Magda is from Campeche and her knowledge of the culture and history of Mexico is extensive. Oh yes-and lets not forget the star of Villa Escondida-the dachsund Cutie! Cutie greeted us every morning with tail wagging and escorted us to our rooms when we returned at night.
Everything to do in San Miguel-dining-shopping-ferry-museum-is within a short walking distance from this great location.
The maid service was daily and the rooms are very, very clean.
All I can say is "WOW!" We will return!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Villa Escondida is located only 0.3 miles from the city's main plaza and downtown square, so we are in the heart of everything!! We are a hotel-styled B&B ideal for adult travellers who want local attractions at their doorsteps. We have 4 private guest rooms with bathroom, swimming pool, lounge area with fridge and microwave, FREE WiFi, bicycles, gated parking, and personalized attention! We will be happy to help you organize all desired activities: massages, hair salon services, tours, private tours, fishing in kayaks, and more! Great dining, piers, the main plaza, local shops and more are all a short walk from this hidden Villa. David and Magda are looking forward to have you as guests in their home located in the heart of downtown Cozumel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com so you can book your Villa Escondida Cozumel Bed and Breakfast reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Villa Escondida Bed And Breakfast
- Villa Escondida Hotel Cozumel