“Lionfish”

New Especias Restaurante
Ranked #34 of 384 Restaurants in Cozumel
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children, Business meetings, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Authentic Italian Restaurant in the middle of the mexican caribbean sea. Home made pasta, italian chef and we are famous for lion fish and sea food.Excelent options for meat lovers. A DIP in ITALY... #newespecias #byfrancescodiroma #bestitalianincozumel
Martinsville, Virginia
“Lionfish”
Reviewed August 1, 2013

A great dinner accented by Roberto's fantastic service and Francisco's angels' preparation of lionfish with capers, olives, and tomatoes. So good we had to go back with new friends to try another wonderful entree. The chocolate dessert was so good the first night, I had to try it again, just to be sure. It was.

San Antonio
“Great find in Cozumel - Great Service - Great Food”
Reviewed July 17, 2013

An Italian friend that lives in Cozumel agreed to meet me for dinner and chose this restaurant.
I arrived early and was served a small glass of peach wine and an appetizer that was great. When my friend arrived we ordered a bottle of wine and dinner. All I can say is that I returned the next night by myself since the food and service was so good. When I got to the restaurant the second night I found several other local friends that were also enjoying the restaurant. This is now a must stop when I am in Cozumel and I am sending copies of the owners card to several friends that are traveling to Cozumel within the next few weeks.
The open air seating is covered and we went through a rainstorm without a since drop of rain hitting us. The breeze on the second floor is very pleasant even for a mid July visit.

Saint Louis, Missouri
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Fantastico! Best Italian in Cozumel!”
Reviewed July 5, 2013

Enjoy the most amazing Italian food while being caressed by gentle sea breezes. What can I say? I love this place. And when I'm away from Cozumel, I have dreams of their faggiola de crema... a puréed bean soup with two Langostino shrimps. And by the way, there is no cream in it. The pastas are all outstanding and the pizzas looked really good. Oh, and you have to try the tiramisu... It's the best.

Florida
“A bit disappointing”
Reviewed June 5, 2013

We have dined at this restaurant before it changed hands and it was wonderful then. Sadly to say, it is not that way now. The owners and staff were extremely pleasant and the service was excellent, but the food is another matter. My wife had one of the pasta entrees and it was served, I guess you could say, "al dente supremo". The pasta was very hard and the sauce did not have that flavor that comes from when a sauce simmers and blends all day. My choice was the lasagna. All I can say was, this is the first time I ever had lasagna fettucini. IMHO, a creamy white sauce does not belong on lasagna. Needless to say, we will not be dining here again on our trips to Cozumel .

• Visited June 2013
denver, co
“Increible! Loved it before, new owner and Italian menu...didn't know it could get better”
Reviewed June 1, 2013

The atmosphere is laid back, true Cozumel. The service is very specialized and the entire staff, including the owner/chef (Francesco/Panchito). The food is incredible, whatever dish. The house white wine is beyond good, wish I could get their recipe since the owner makes it! We are here for a week, and this is now on a "must" to come back again before we leave. Gracias Especias!!

• Visited June 2013