“An Amazing Week at an Excellent Resort!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Secrets Aura Cozumel

Secrets Aura Cozumel
Ranked #14 of 51 Hotels in Cozumel
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
“An Amazing Week at an Excellent Resort!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 5, 2014

I had the absolute best time at Secrets Aura Cozumel! I just returned from a week stay there, and I would highly recommend it to anybody going. This is my second time going to Cozumel (the first time I went with my family and stayed at Sunscape), and I would never stay anywhere else on the island. The staff is all very nice and friendly. They are always trying to make your stay as relaxing as possible. The drinks were very good and consistent and the food was delicious! This is an excellent resort for couples. I was there with my boyfriend, and it was excellent. They have a variety of well priced romance packages to choose from which I would highly recommend! They will decorate your room with candles, rose petals ect…very romantic! The spa is amazing. This is my second time going to the spa, and me and my boyfriend didn't consider not getting a massage! The massage therapists are very nice, focused on getting you relaxed and are always there to make sure you have enough water ect. If you are going to Cozumel, I would definitely recommend staying here!

3 Thank kellyreneekloth
SeaczEconcierge, Sales Manager at Secrets Aura Cozumel, responded to this review, January 8, 2014
Dear valued guest,
on behalf of our hotel staff I appreciate the time you spent to write your review, your feedback is very important for us and help us to improve in our standards.
I am delighted to read all of your comments and hopefully you will have the chance to visit us in a near future.
Warm regards from Cozumel Island

Sales Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,327)
  • Hebrew first
Half Moon Bay, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 5, 2014

We stayed 6 nights over Christmas; overall we were happy with the resort; good food, comfortable room, nice pool. It really was all-inclusive, no extra charges for anything but our snorkeling trip. However, we were frustrated by the lack of information about other activities on the island from the front desk. There is no concierge to help, which is something i would expect from a resort of this size and price. We wanted to go birdwatching at the Cozumel Country Club and asked at the front desk; they said they would call and later told us the Country club was no longer doing birdwatching walks. We drove out to the Country Club ourselves, talked to the manager and arranged a trip; which was great. We asked about snorkeling and the front desk referred us to a guy with a desk and some excursion brochures. He had no knowledge himself, just the brochures. We eventually got to the dive shop on the property and got a nice excursion. They really need a concierge with some knowledge of the island and opportunities for acitivities.

Room Tip: Among swim-up suites some are actually swim -up and some are slide-down to the pool; might want to c...
4 Thank Janet L L
Dear valued guest,
thank you very much for sharing your experience in Secrets Aura Cozumel, I appreciate all of your comments posted.
I am disappointed about your comment of our concierge service, they are always helping our valuable customers and I apologize if someone was unable to assist you in finding an activity in the Island, I have to say that your review was discussed in our weekly meeting and our chief concierge is in process of getting more information to share in our front desk if a customer eventually ask about any activities.
Our staff is proud of our Island and we are happy to assist in informing the wonders of Cozumel, I apologize if this time you had an inconvenience.
It seems like your overall experience was good, we look forward to hosting you again in a near future

Edmonton, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 4, 2014

First I would like to thanks this tremendous hotel team. for the effort to make us love fell so good, so we are the kind of people who work hard to find the right place for vacations, and we really made right founded this romantic place. Thanks to the general manager Marco Soria super nice. The executive chief Mr Jose Fernado Castro the master in sea food,( gracias por la cena del dia jueves 28), the people of the v.i.p room always ready to do their job thank my friends, every body in general, the restaurants super gooooooood. please my romantics friends if you want something really good pick this place. Thanks to all the people that they made our stay the best. From edmonton Alberta Canada.

GINO AND TAMMY

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank eugenio f
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 4, 2014 via mobile

Stayed at secrets aura with 3 couples. It was awesome. Food is good, beach is good, staff is great! we loved the entertainment staff each day by the pool and beach. Beach volleyball was awesome each day! Thanks to Papi, Mexican chocolate, and Juan!!

Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Smgriff7
Valparaiso, Indiana
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 3, 2014

I have stayed at many all inclusives all over the Caribbean and Mexico including other Secrets properties. We were there the week of Dec. 21-28. NEVER fly into Cozumel on a Saturday. Immigration was the worst I have ever experienced anywhere in the world. Over 3 1/2 hours - only 3 of 6 desks manned. Pretty typical for Saturdays I was told. Also, no cabs are allowed to pick up passengers on airport property - only drop off so will have to get in van or go to street to search for taxi.

The setting of Aura is beautiful - right on the beach. Service was outstanding until Christmas Day. More guests, less workers, and owners on site made everything kind of fall apart. Drink and food service by main pool was great. Vicki and Zulilly really tried hard to please. Food was slightly above average for an all-inclusive. Very repetitive. We did eat at Portofinos and the Mexican restaurant at the sister resort to change things up. Used room service a few times. We never waited more than 30 minutes and the food was always hot.

Pools were always clean and glasses,etc. were always picked up promptly. Another pool is being added as part of the new construction phase. Hot tubs are not on the Sky Bar deck as promoted. only hot tub was by main piol.

Loved the no bracelets, no towel cards, and no reservations for dinner needed. That being said, people not staying at the resort wandered in and ate or drank. We observed this every day.

A few suggestions I would give are: create a bar over in the area were the the shops are. People need a place to gather and talk in the evening (like the sister resort has), and have a better plan for rainy days. The only day it really rained while we were there was like a madhouse. Too many people in too little space with nothing to do.

Would we stay again? If the price was right, maybe. Too many other great resorts and better prices to put up with the various minor issues we experienced (flooded hallways due to rain, our room not cleaned one day, and short staffed at times). If you have stayed at other Secrets or Sandals, this resort will leave you a little wanting.

Room Tip: Get an Ocean Front suite if you can. It is definitely worth the price.
3 Thank cyhurls
Dear valued guest,
on behalf of our hotel staff I thank you for sharing your experience in Secrets Aura Cozumel, your honest review is very important for us.
I will congratulate on your behalf to Vicki and Zulilly, they, as many other staff members are always doing their best to please.
Our hotel management is aware of your suggestions about the bar in the shopping area, we actually have our Coco Cafe, but we will keep in mind your comment. In addition, I apologize for the lack of activities during the rainy day, sometimes this is something we can not control, but certainly, Alex Avila, our Entertainment Director has read your review and is working with his staff to avoid this inconveniences.

Once again, thank you very much and we look forward to hosting you again in a near future,

Sydney, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 3, 2014

Our experience here was fantastic and I can't believe we only stayed 7 days. My husband and I had such a great time we were loathe to leave. We stayed there in October over Halloween and had such a great time. Please don't underestimate me though there were some drawbacks.........Ladies the spa is amongst the best I've been to, however do not have any waxing done.

As for our room we were right on the beach next to the construction but had no issues at all. The staff were fantastic and so funny at times, especially entertaining me when my husband was diving and I wasn't having at the spa. I would like to see the French restaurant used a little more but loved the ya when my husband forgot his long pants his long cotton PJ Alexander's were acceptable. It's this sort of adaptability that will go a long way to making you a favourite with visitors.

The location was fantastic and the sunsets gorgeous. From a diving perspective my husband wished he had done more and was sad to leave. We will definitely revisit and might add this to our few repeat hotels list. We are very particular and so I was very surprised.

Thank you for a relaxing and fun holiday

Room Tip: Ask for a room towards the beach, the road side can be a little isolating but the watersides from yo...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Kitty_OConnor
Dallas, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 3, 2014

I read some reviews on Secrets Aura Resort that made me question this resort prior to arrival on December 7, 2013, but was very pleasantly surprised. Check in was fast, our swim up ocean front room was spacious, clean and comfortable. The food at all the restaurants was good although I would have like more variety at breakfast instead of the same thing every day. The desserts were lacking but I don't go to Mexico expecting good desserts.

Drink service on the beach was a little slow as there was only on person working the beach and front pool area. Other than that, service was excellent and everyone was really friendly and helpful. The best thing about this hotel is the entertainment crew. Julio and Adrian got everyone involved in activities from morning to night. Beach volleyball, kayaking, pool volleyball, beach parties, dancing in the club....there was always something going on and Julio and Adrian made sure everyone was involved and having a good time!

The big negative while I was there was the construction between Secrets Aura and SunScape next door. It went on from morning til past 10 pm. Good thing we were hardly in the room and you couldn't really hear it on the beach or in the pool. Just meant we had to take our naps on the beach!

Room Tip: We had a swim up ocean view room which was excellent. It was spacious and very comfortable.
1 Thank Wendy H