“Swimming with the Dolphins”
Review of Dolphinaris

Dolphinaris
Ranked #30 of 164 things to do in Cozumel
More attraction details
Owner description: Dolphinaris Cozumel has a privileged location within the pristine waters of the Mexican Caribbean's heart; you will be able to enjoy a magical dolphin swimming with a tailor made ALL-INCLUSIVE service. The architecture of this dolphinarium is inspired in a fishermen village and has a design that, aside of being one of the most beautiful around the world, provides an ample home for dolphins where they can spaciously unwind during their dolphin encounter with our visitors. Visit us and experience the thrill of being propelled by a dolphin on top of the water surface and observe how they communicate; have magical moments in one of the most beautiful natural locations that only the Mexican Caribbean can offer! Swim with dolphins and enjoy in Dolphinaris Cozumel this lifetime experience that you can share with family and friends!
Reviewed April 10, 2013

I would definitely do this again, I loved it, they take great shots of you to choose from and the video was worth buying, I guess it could be considered pricy to some but it was well worth what I paid I had actually expected it to be more expensive from what I had read......This was so a childhood dream come true!!!!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,489)
All reviews
in 27 reviews
"included lunch"
in 18 reviews

Reviewed April 8, 2013 via mobile

Let me preface my review by saying that I struggle with keeping wild animals in captivity, unless there is a major medical reason they would be in danger in the wild, swimming with dolphins has been on my bucket list since I was a little girl. That being said, it was an experience of a lifetime!! I have been blessed to visit over 20+ countries on 4 continents, and this ranks as one of my very favorite activities. We were in a group of about 10 or 12 adults with one trainer and one dolphin. I felt like we got quite a bit of hands on experience despite the size of the group. It's evident the trainers adore the animals and pamper them! We did all of the tricks, "rode" on the dolphins, and learned a lot about this species. The park is very nice and has a beautiful view of the Caribbean. I splurged and bought pictures plus a DVD, and it was pricey, but made for excellent Christmas cards!! All in all, I have recommended it to friends and family and would do it again in a heartbeat. The joy I feel every time I think of that adventure is evidence of a lifelong memory. Enjoy!!

Reviewed April 8, 2013

Our family recently took a cruise to Cozumel, Mexico. Since it was our 5 year old daughter's first time, we wanted a "family friendly" dolphin experience (she loves them!) We had actually done a different dolphin experience on a previous trip to Cozumel, but wanted to try something new. Dolphinaris ended up being PERFECT! It is a beautiful place with tropical landscaping, secluded pools for multiple groups, and a covered outside restaurant with a great view of the pools, dolphins, and Gulf of Mexico.

We opted for the "Dolphin Swim & Ride with Lunch", which was free for her since she was 5, and only $129 for me (that was the cruise ship price). Coming from Orlando where tourists pay over $300 for an even less experience at SeaWorld (and you have to be 6 or older), this was a great deal in our eyes (and it included lunch).

The experience is approx. 45 minutes in the water (3 hours from start to finish). You are provided with life jackets and water goggles. You are responsible for bringing your own bathing suit and towels (there is a location where you can change into dry clothes afterwards).

You will do moderate swimming during the experience (swim to the center of the pool and tread water, assisted by your life jacket). As for the dolphin interaction, we participated in the following: petting, tummy ride, kiss, hug, and high five. A photographer takes your pictures and video during the entire experience, which you can purchase afterwards.

The only negative was the quality of pictures. None of our "action" shots turned out, but the "posed" shots ended up being cute. Looking back we should of purchased a CD and printed the pictures at home - the print quality of the ones we received was awful. We did not purchase the video (but my husband, who was watching, was able to videotape most of it).

Lunch afterwards was very basic, but good (is there such a thing as bad mexican food?) All in all we enjoyed the memories we created.

1  Thank LifeTraveler24_7
Reviewed April 8, 2013

Swimming with dolphins was on our family's bucket list. This was an incredible value. Yes, there are cheaper dolphin experiences. However, this is not your ordinary photo-op experience. We were in the water for over an hour with the dolphins. The facility is breathtaking. The trainers were great and the dolphins were truly awe-inspiring. This is the perfect experience for all ages, all abilities and, I believe it is wheel chair accessible (not all that common in Mexico). We have a wonderful video that was ready after we had a delicious lunch while watching other folks in the water. Do yourself a favor - Don't miss this. You truly get what you pay for!!