“Dolphinaris cancun”

Dolphinaris Cozumel
Ranked #16 of 160 things to do in Cozumel
More attraction details
Owner description: Dolphinaris Cozumel has a privileged location within the pristine waters of the Mexican Caribbean's heart; you will be able to enjoy a magical dolphin swimming with a tailor made ALL-INCLUSIVE service. The architecture of this dolphinarium is inspired in a fishermen village and has a design that, aside of being one of the most beautiful around the world, provides an ample home for dolphins where they can spaciously unwind during their dolphin encounter with our visitors. Visit us and experience the thrill of being propelled by a dolphin on top of the water surface and observe how they communicate; have magical moments in one of the most beautiful natural locations that only the Mexican Caribbean can offer! Swim with dolphins and enjoy in Dolphinaris Cozumel this lifetime experience that you can share with family and friends!
Reviewed October 16, 2012

Fabby, clean, educational and so much fun. Photos are expensive though I paid 90 USA dollars for 3 x x

WebMasterIT, Director de Relaciones Públicas at Dolphinaris Cozumel, responded to this reviewResponded November 7, 2012

Dear visitor, we are always paying a lot of attention to give the best service. For this reason, people who come to our facilities enjoy their time with the precious dolphins. Dolphinaris has a variety of packages and also well informative and knowledgeable trainers. We look for our visitors’ happiness.

We have several photo packages which are available for purchase. Many visitors love to have a memory of their experience swimming with the dolphins at Dolphinaris and they can have the chance to get the pictures if they wish. There are different packages and prices.

Thank you for visiting Dolphinaris and you are always very welcome.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,443)
All reviews
in 27 reviews
"included lunch"
in 18 reviews

Reviewed October 10, 2012

Ana was our trainer and she was so funny, nice and knowledgable. You get lots of time with the dolphins, who are really sweet. Learned a lot about their anatomy as well. And she was open to all of our questions. Thanks!

Dear visitor, we will let our trainer know you liked the attention provided. This encourages our trainers even more to give their best. For Dolphinaris, it’s important to give you great moments with the dolphins, and we really care that our trainers are very well informed and updated.

Reviewed October 8, 2012

on the whole we thoroughly enjoyed our morning. the dolphins were marvellous and the instructors knowledgeable. the surrounding were very pleasant and much better than others we had seen. unfortunately the photo bundles were ridiculous. to just buy a dvd with the photos copied on to it was over $200 when one had already paid a great deal for 40 minutes with the dolphin, so we did not buy and it spoilt the day.

Dear visitor, we appreciate your comment. We know how important is to have our trainers updated and knowledgeable. The most important is that they love dolphins so our trainers give the most precious time to them. Dolphinaris checks that every detail is perfect for your comfort and enjoyment in our facilities.

We offer several options for photo and video package, they are optional. We will see how to reduce the cost of them so that all our visitors can have the chance to buy them.

Reviewed October 4, 2012

My 9 year old son loved learning about the dolphins and getting to interact with them. A fun, educational and once in a lifetime opportunity for him! So glad we did it!

The only thing I would have like to have known prior to going was that the Observer ticket I had to purchase meant that I was also going to go into the water. Most of the children were younger, so the parents went down into the water with them. Had I known I had the ability to get into the water with him during the experience, I would have worn my swim suit. As it was, I was the only parent wearing clothes and waiting on the stairs for him.

1  Thank Erica_Lancaster

Dear visitor, Dolphinaris love when children’s faces are happy interacting with dolphins. We know how intelligent children are and it’s a wonderful experience for them to learn how to care dolphins at a short age.

We are always willing to assist you with all your questions and we invite you to contact us to have all the information you need prior to making reservations. Dolphinaris want that all our visitors have a beautiful and unique time with the dolphins in our facilities.

See more reviews
Reviewed September 24, 2012

My husband and I visited Cozumel on a Carnival cruise for our 20th anniversary, so we splurged on the top of the line Dolphinaris experience - Dolphin Trainer. We paid double what we would have paid for the standard Dolphin Encounter, but we got a lecture on dolphin anatomy, life in and out of captivity, care, growth, husbandry, etc. We also toured the entire facility, including the feeding rooms, and learned how the dolphins are cared for. We learned the basics of training by positive reinforcement and developing trust (no punishment or negativity). After our lessons, we got to put what we learned to the test, by issuing hand signals to two young dolphins and rewarding them when they responded. We spent about half an hour playing "training games" with the dolphins, our trainer always with us.

After our time training the dolphins, we got to enter the water for 40 minutes with one dolphin. we were able to hold, rub, and interact with the dolphin, including the dolphin kiss, dance, and ride. Staff photographers did take photos of everything, and personally, I was glad, because dealing with a camera while trying to focus on the dolphins would have detracted from the experience.

After our encounter ended, we were able to snorkel in the private lagoon, where we fed stingrays (and had food stolen from us by fish). Our trainer was with us the whole time. He talked to us about their efforts to gain the trust of the rays, and taught us about the fish we saw.

Following the swim, we were taken by two private pools to see the newborn and pregnant dolphins, which was, of course, precious.

Lunch was included with our package, along with taxi rides to and from the dock, Dolphin Trainer t-shirts, locker rental, towel rental, and two photos each. We were escorted the entire time we were onsite.

At the conclusion of our lunch, we were taken to choose our photos. The packages seemed expensive, but I had read that negotiating was a possibility. Well, after choosing a modest package, we were offered a deal we liked for ALL 137 photos and our DVD. Maybe a skilled negotiator could have done better, but we were happy with our deal, so we took it. For me, this may have been a once in a lifetime experience, and the photos are priceless.

I was concerned that I would be saddened that the dolphins were in captivity, but seeing the entire facility, my admittedly uneducated opinion is that the staff values the dolphins and cares well for them. Being in the feeding room, I saw that the dolphins each get individualized care, right down to the amount of food each is fed daily. I asked questions about care, space, acquisition, etc, and was pleased with the answers I got. (And I was encouraged to ask questions, even during lunch, which our trainer ate with us.)

All in all, I am very happy that we celebrated our anniversary with this experience. I have nothing negative to say about it. It was magical, and I will never forget it.

TIPS: Don't wear any jewelry - you will have to remove it all before interacting with the dolphins for their protection. Wear flip flops or other easy shoes. Don't bother with a camera - photos are not allowed, so leave it behind and savor every second. It goes by so fast and you won't want to miss a thing.

2  Thank belyndaw

Dear visitor, thank you very much for your opinion. Dolphinaris is concerned about dolphin’s welfare and that is the reason to share information about dolphins with our visitors. We believe that dolphins have to be treated in the best way and Dolphinaris provide them this.

It is a great opportunity to interact with the dolphins and all our visitors love to do all the activities in the Dolphin Trainer program, we highly recommend it. It was great you had the chance to see a newborn baby dolphin, they are lovely!

We have an entire photo and video department dedicated to capture your unforgettable memories. There are options and prices to choose from.

We appreciate your comment and that you have realized Dolphinaris really cares for dolphins, we look for providing the best attention and love to dolphins and that’s why we have happy dolphins in our facilities. Every dolphin is unique and receives the best treatment.

Congratulations for your anniversary and thank you for choosing Dolphinaris to celebrate it.
You are always very welcome.