“Manta Raya - Highly Experienced, Courteous & Knowledgeable”
Review of Manta Raya Divers

Manta Raya Divers
More attraction details
Owner description: Scuba and Snorkel Tours in Cozumel, PADI Training, Private Tours, Small Groups, Customer Care, Safety & Satisfaction is our Target. Beyond Industry Standards. Dive and Snorkel Accommodation Packages
Ottawa
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Manta Raya - Highly Experienced, Courteous & Knowledgeable”
Reviewed April 8, 2014

Having completed our in-class sessions and confined water training at home my teenage daughter and I arrived in Cozumel as new divers in need of Open Water Diver Certification. Fernando completed our training over a two day period with the ease and confidence that only comes with his more than 30 years of diving experience. Both Fernando and Sammy are true gentlemen demonstrating exceptional knowledge of the reefs and currents that is only rivalled by their friendliness. I could not ask for better instructors and dive masters. They have opened a new undersea world to my daughter and I and for that I am profoundly grateful to them for their patience during our dive training. I fully intend to return to Cozumel and to Manta Raya Diving. I can only provide the strongest of recommendations for their dive services. Thanks again Fernando and Sammy.

Visited March 2014
MantaRayaDivers, Owner at Manta Raya Divers, responded to this review, April 11, 2014
We are quite happy you both have had such a nice first experience, we feel you did an awesome job as well!
Thank you and we are looking forward to show you guys more of what Cozumel's Underwater World has to offer!

Cheers!

Knokke, Belgium
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Great Diving.”
Reviewed March 31, 2014

During my dive trip with Manta Raya Divers, Fernando served as the dive master and Samuel (pronounced "samwell" in spanish) captained the boat. I did two dive trips and each was great. We saw large eagle rays, lobsters, parrot fish, angels, and magnificent coral. Fernando was a great underwater guide, offered personalized attention, and to top it off, took many photos that he makes available to the divers at no cost. I would recommend Manta Raya to any diver, experienced or novice.

Visited March 2014
MantaRayaDivers, Owner at Manta Raya Divers, responded to this review, April 1, 2014
Very nice diving with you, thank you for coming with us, we certainly want to see you again with us very soon!
Fort Myers, Florida
42 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 117 helpful votes
“Like A Personal Tour”
Reviewed March 26, 2014

This is a "can't miss" experience in Cozumel.
Fernando captains the boat while a dive-qualified scuba / snorkel instructor points our the underwater attractions. Saw lots and lots of seallife including the ultra rare Toadfish. We had plenty of time to explore with our guide and / or alone, and visited 3 distinctly different dive spots during our tour.

Fernando was even kind enough to drop us off very, very close to our cruise ship (the Norwegian Dawn) saving us the time and expense of a taxi ride back.

Fernando is an experienced captain, with a simple but well-equipped boat and a fantastic guest-centric attitude.

Visited March 2014
Thank you! Very kind, we are happy you have such a nice time on your tour with us! Please come back soon for more snorkel adventures with Manta Raya Divers!
Ohio City, Ohio
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“Spectacular diving all week”
Reviewed March 1, 2014

Spent four days diving with Manta Raya Divers. 8 spectacular dives that included, Flying guinard, 2 octopus, 15 spotted eagle rays on 3 different dives, turtles, huge lobsters, barracuda, parrot fish, angel fish, splendid toad fish and a reef that looks better then ever. All of this compliments of my host Fernando who seems to know where all of these things are hiding and Sammy who expertly captains the boat, takes care of your gear and makes a great ceviche. Fernando is a great dive master that allows extended bottom times based on your dive computer and level of skill, All of my dives were over an hour. This fast boat can deliver you to your dive site quick. By leaving a little later we arrived and entered the water, although a ton of boats were around, I never saw another diver. This is the type of thought that Fernando puts into planning the dives. Although I have been to Cozumel many times, I always have felt like I was the first one to see the reef that day. Hats off to you Fernando for a great week.

Visited February 2014
Thank you for your Business! We appreciate it very much! Please come back soon for more scuba adventures with us!
Gig Harbor, Washington
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Scratch this item off my bucket list *Dive Cozumel again*”
Reviewed February 24, 2014

In 1999 we visited Cozumel on a cruise ship and I was able to dive with Fernando, owner-divemaster at Manta Raya Divers. I've wanted to return for years. How pleased I was to find him still in business. His longevity speaks volumes about the quality of his service.

Don't hesitate to book a dive trip with this master. You will not only enjoy your day, you will make a new friend. Your comfort and well-being are his personal concern. Whether you are a novice or an old-timer like myself (diving since 1955), this will be a day to remember.

Visited February 2014
1 Thank Rich S
It was an Honor diving with you again after 14 years! We are happy you had a nice time with us! We are looking forward to see you and your family with us soon!