Divemaster Academy- MOVED

rockadvisor
Bugibba, Malta
via mobile
Diving in Cozumel with Peter Marik

Hi, everyone! I was coincidentally in a Cozumel in a dive hostel just to take my time on a beaches... read more

Reviewed January 9, 2015
ShanaP113

See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed December 18, 2015 via mobile

We just had a quick help from Peter, contacted him in the evening to organise diving for the next day... Got quick response. As he was busy, directed us to a divecenter he is in cooperation with, sorted everything out, so it all went smoothly. Thank you!

Reviewed January 9, 2015

Hi, everyone!
I was coincidentally in a Cozumel in a dive hostel just to take my time on a beaches. But after I heard from all divers, staying in my hostel, about their diving experience, I decided to try diving too :)
I was a bit scary, I didn't know who will teach, and it's very important for me, because I need good care and support in a new activities.
My instructor was Peter Marik from Divemaster Academy and I am very grateful to him! I fell in love with his approach and beautiful attitude toward to all students. He has amazing mix of qualities - love and motivation to his work, real care and good support to people, simple and very clear way to explain, high professional skills and many-many years diving experience, great sense of humor and kind heart ;)
In my first session I leant some basic skills near shore and after I had 45 min diving. That was amazing, I felt happy-happy to explore totally new beautiful world, no fear, I felt very secure underwater and just melted in my joy of beauty around.
So, if you want to lean diving I recommend very much to do it by Divemaster Academy with Peter Marik. I am going to get certification myself there for sure! ;)

Best wishes to all,
Shana (Norway-Russia)

Reviewed December 18, 2014

I've been researching different options before we decided to do our open water and advanced dive courses with Divemaster Academy. They had the most detailed webpage about the course, and we are absolutely got what they advertised, and so much more! Peter is patient, ethusiastic, professional and makes you calm in every situation. The course was fantastic, the dives were amazing.

Reviewed December 13, 2014

I just completed my open water padi certification with Peter. I had an amazing experience and thought the course was great value, I've been telling everyone who I find out is diving in cozumel to look for Peter! I really apprieciate Peter was English speaking and easy to understand ( and funny too!). He's dived in many places over the world and I could tell was very passionate about diving and wanted his students to enjoy it as well. He was very patient and calm which was helpful during my first dives. In my classes there were no more than 3 ppl and I got a lot of guidance and felt completely safe. I chose to upgrade my course to include the boat dives by the reef which was worth it! I saw beautiful corals, turtles, sharks and many types of fish. I stayed an apartment through him which I would highly recommend as well. I had a kitchen to my self an I was able to cook and make meals. It was nice to dive during the day and come back to the apartment which felt like home towards the end of my stay. The apartment was downtown and peter even gave me a lift to the dive sites!! :) Peter recommended supermarkets, places to visit and bike rental stores (It was too windy to dive one day and I ended up biking around the island which I would highly recommend) Peter gave me some pointers around the island almost like a guide, which makes him much more then just a dive instructor. I had such a wonderful experience, I feel I need to plan all my future vacations diving. It's an incredible feeling being able to breathe under water. So look no further and send him an email! He will be quick to respond! :)

Reviewed December 11, 2014

I did my PADI Rescue Diver and PADI Divemaster course in Cozumel. I can highly recommend Divemaster Academy to everyone who wants to learn to dive at any level in an exotic environment. First of all because Peter is an outstanding instructor with patient and vocation he can easily find the way to any personality to teach. On the other hand Cozumel's National Marine Park is just a perfect location for diving where you can easily experience how great is nature.

Reviewed December 8, 2014

Peter is a great instructor for a first dive. He is calm, friendly and explains everything very well. After a first part out of the water to learn about the equipment and precautions to take when diving, there is a second part in shallow waters to learn basic skills and then the dive itself. We stayed almost 45 minutes underwater and saw wonderful corals and fishes. I was a little scared before this first dive, but this experience was so nice that it just made me want to get my PADI to be able to discover more!

Reviewed December 5, 2014

Peter is a nice calm energy which is exactly what you need to learn to dive for the first time. He also covers everything thoroughly so that you can feel comfortable while in such a new environment. I felt like I was in good hands for this experience. And man, it is so beautiful down there, it blew my mind.

Reviewed December 3, 2014

The island of Cozumel is one of the most wonderful places I have ever been. I am sure that you will be absolutely satisfied with everything, all the attractions, restaurants, bars, etc. Staying in a friendly and very well located hostel gives you more opportunity to enjoy your time. Scuba-diving in the second biggest reef of the world is an experience you will never forget. And having a very well-trained, responsible and patient divemaster like Peter means everything!

Review collected in partnership with this attraction
Reviewed December 3, 2014

I had my first diving experience with Peter in 2013 and he was the one who has taken me from beginner to rescue diver level. Peter is an excellent instructor: highly prepared and professional, calm, motivating and efficient. I have seen him turn first-timers, who had thought they were afraid of diving, into avid divers, and I've also seen him teach a number of people who have since chosen diving as their profession. Unfortunately the market is full of so-called 'instructors' who are either bored with their students or are in it only for the money. Peter is not one of them: his love for diving is infectious and he always manages to find the method of teaching most suitable for each student. He is a passionate and professional instructor and I highly recommend his Divemaster Academy to divers of all levels.