“Great experience”

Deep Blue Scuba Diving
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Reviewed May 31, 2014 via mobile

Diving in Cozumel is amazing and these guys seem to know really what they are doing. We went for a two tank dive and we were initially a bit nervous as we haven't been diving for a long while. But the dive masters on the boat did great job to make us feel all secure and took us to some nice spots. First dive included some really interesting coral reef areas and the second dive was very rich with different fish, a friendly shark almost greeting all of us, a couple of huge turtled and a big sea horse wEre the highlights of the dive. In between the dives, we had our break at a nice isolated beach. I would definitely recommend this!

Reviewed May 27, 2014

This is not my second, but my third trip with the crew at Deep Blue in Cozumel. They provide an excellent, economical dive experience with some of the best Dive Masters on the island. They are easy to book and meet with and very accomodating. They make my trips awesome and I plan to dive with them every time I return to the island. Highly recommend.

Reviewed May 24, 2014 via mobile

We highly recommend Deep Blue Scuba Diving. My fiancé and I were in Cozumel for a day. My fiancé wanted to try scuba diving for the first time; however, I was super scared to do it. I almost chickened-out at the last minute but the staff was so welcoming and patient, I ended up feeling at ease.

In general, our guide was amazing. He took us down little-by-little until we felt comfortable at each depth.

In the end, this was the coolest experience of the trip!! I highly recommend this company if you have never tried scuba diving before!

Reviewed May 19, 2014

I want to thank Deborah, Gary, Alan, Roberto, Arturo, Ricardo, Jackie and Sandro for a great dive trip. Alan is my wife's new hero. Thank you for your accommodations to fulfill our needs in diving. You run a very professional shop and looking forward to diving with you again. All the dives were great. Dive masters were great and the refresher course for my wife was excellent. I cant say enough about your operation. I have been coming to your island since 92 and cant believe I had not discovered your shop until know. All rental gear was in great shape and boats in good working order. I have found my new dive shop and will see you soon.

R Epley

Reviewed April 24, 2014

I would highly recommend not booking a dive through this company before arriving. We stayed on a resort right by the reefs we were diving and were told we could be picked up at the pier. After our 2 dives(Santa Rosa and a wreck) they started heading back to the dock. When I mentioned we were told we would be dropped off at the pier to our resort everything changed from English to Spanish. We didn't hear English again for 5 minutes then were told we would be taken care off at the dive shop. The answer at the dive shop was we could wait 2 -3 hours for a boat ride or pay our own way back. So we just paid it. Most other company's will pick u up at resort but we paid first so they took advantage of that.

6  Thank Areed12256
Deborah F, Owner at Deep Blue Scuba Diving, responded to this reviewResponded April 29, 2014

I am terribly sorry that you had a bad experience with us, but let me assure you it was a case of miss communication and circumstances, not any ill will on the part of the staff. By circumstantial, I mean that you got on the boat downtown, not at the Resort, because you needed equipment, so the DM’s missed dropping you back off on the boat as was supposed to happen after the dives. Add to that the fact that you rented a camera, and I told your Instructor that I preferred if she didn’t open the camera on the boat to take the chip out (out of fear of saltwater damage, not realizing at that moment that you were getting dropped off. 98% of the time that someone gets on the boat downtown, returns downtown, and people that rent a camera in the shop, return to the shop. So, it was just an unfortunate series of mistakes, due to a variation of the norm.

Then, when you came all the way back to the shop, and Ricardo called me, my instructions to him where: Please see if they don’t mind or even welcome having lunch in town and then we can give them a ride on a boat that was leaving 2 hours later. But if not, then please give them a ride in our truck (which was going to be available in about 15 min. time). I don’t know if that message did not come across the way I meant it, but Ricardo told me later that you simply decided to take a taxi.

Please tell me how much the taxi was and I will be glad to refund it from your Paypal deposit payment. I doubt that makes up for it all, but at least you don’t incur additional expenses on account of our miscommunication, and innocent mistakes.

My apologies,