“Perfect Vacation”

Cozumel Reef Snorkeling and Sailing Adventure
Reviewed April 5, 2011

Me and my girlfriend LOVED this trip. Thursday thru Sunday we could have not had better weather. The food was great (been a long time since we actually ate breakfast, lunch & dinner) and the entertainment as well. The staff was 50/50. Some of the Bartenders were helpful and friendly and some you just wanted to hit with one of those "coconut animal cups". I asked one of the servants in "Tiffany's" who did I need to speak to so I can get one of the tables on the deck wiped off, that "THING" told me to look around, someone will help me (get me another coconut animal cup!!!!!!!!!!). The good far out-weighed the bad though, I recommend that everyone (couples, singles, old & new) get ya money right and get on the BOAT!!!!!!

Reviewed February 25, 2011

After reading some bad reviews on the ship, I was a little worried about our trip. Needless to say I could have not have enjoyed it more.
The ship was nice. Our stateroom was an inner low cost room. It was a nice size. The crew was exceptional. They were very friendly and always went out of their way for us. We parked at a friends house and took a cab to the dock. Parking runs $20/day. We arrived about an hour beforehand and waited all of 30 mins. before we were on board. Carnival will let you bring 2 bottles of wine with you. I recommend sneaking some alcohol on. Beer was $6 with gratuity (15% for all drink orders) mixed drinks ran $7 and up. The first night they offered duty free alcohol for about half of what it normally cost . I purchased a case or two. They also had great deals on jewelry.
Each day you receive a schedule of events. There is plenty for the kids and teens. All the areas of the ship were clean. The gym was great. The main pool has a center stage where you will find entertainment all throughout the day. The very back of the boat host an adult only deck with 2 hot tubs. Great for those who want to read or just relax.
The second night they host a formal night. Many wore tuxes and formal dresses. I would suggest men bringing a suit and women bringing a nice dress. We ate in the restaurant each night. They seat you with other guest. The same each night. The food and service was top notch. I ordered the wine service the first night which gave me 3 bottles of wine that I could split among the nights. The packages ran from $65 to $110 The $65 offered some very nice selections.
The buffets were busy early. They seem to die down toward the end. There was never any shortage of selections.
Upon arriving in Cozumel around 8am, we were able to get right off the boat. We took a cab to a beach, Playa Uvas. I recommend you visit their web page. For $43 we got snorkeling, Lunch, and all you can drink. The drinks were top shelf too. It is a small beach and you pretty much get your own personal waiter. The staff was great! There is a pool, massage, change rooms. Highly recommend it. The taxi will cost $12 one way. I booked this on my own. I did not hear many good comments from the people that took some of the ship sponsored trips. We stumbled back on board just before 4:30 in the afternoon. They were checking bags, but at that time they were just trying to get everyone on quickly to leave and didn't really check many.
Getting back off, I recommend you use the self baggage option. The disembark by deck and you will not have to wait for your bags. It took us 30 mins to get through customs. We were able to get a cab outside. You may want to call once you are in the customs line.
There is a $10/day/passenger gratuity fee that is added to your bill. You may have it removed before you disembark if you like. I felt this was quite reasonable. I even tipped our guys a little more. I know most of them do not make a great wage.

36  Thank DallasBaker
Reviewed January 22, 2011

Fish, fish, fish. We had a great experience on a catamaran snorkel trip in Cozumel in January 2011. Booked through Princess Cruises, the tour company Fury picked us up at the dock and we sailed on a large catamaran with 40 other passangers and sailed to a dive spot 100 yards off shore. The water was 20'-30' deep,clear and blue. The area
was teeming with tropical fish and some dolphins were spotted nearby. Of course there was a photographer, but he took your picture underwater with a school of fish and the printed 8x10 was only $12. After the 45 minute snorkel, margaritas and beers,water and soft
drinks were handed out frequently (never an empty cup) while we
sailed to their private beach filled with free beach activities (water slides, trampolines, kayaks,etc.). We were there for 1 hour before heading back to the pier. It was a very well paced tour and we were never bored.

2  Thank Kbcalabria
Reviewed August 19, 2010

The crew was amazing, they showed our whole group (8 20 something year olds) a great time! even playing the songs we wanted to hear and mixing us shots!! the snorkeling was beautiful and the crew was helpful to everyone. the beer and margaritas were very good and the crew kept our drinks filled the whole ride back. we will definatly go on this excursion again if we are ever in cozumel again and i have told everyone they should do the same! Manta Crew WE LOVE YOU!

Reviewed June 25, 2010

Snorkeling with Rosa Flury's outfit was ok, but way over rated and over price. You could get the same treatment on the island for 1/2 the price.

3  Thank jkrr