“A quality spa with great services” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Acqua Spa

Acqua Spa
Iowa
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“A quality spa with great services”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 30, 2007

II spent the 2 most relaxing hours I have had in a looooong time at Acqua Spa getting a body wrap, a full body massage and facial. My boyfriend booked this package deal on-line for my birthday and everything was ready when I arrived.

The spa was right on the waterfront not far from downtown. Inside, I met Elisabeth who provided all 3 of my spa treatments and was great. I must admit I was a little wary at first but the decor was nice, the place smelled wonderful- like mint and everything was clean and orderly and so comforting! I could tell this was a really nice place and I just trusted them right away.

The bed I laid on in the private room was warmed and exuding the perfect amount of relaxing heat! Elizabeth explained the procedure to me then she covered my eyes with a sort of heavy blindfold so all I could do was just lay back and really relax. Nice. First was the body wrap and she rubbed an exfoliate cream all over my body followed by some sort of gel. This was like a massage in itself. Then she wiped it off and rubbed a cream made from flowers and plants all over and wrapped me up in plastic and I just sort of cooked in a perfectly warm little oven heated up by the bed. While I “cooked” Elizabeth rubbed my head and temples, which was heavenly. I couldn’t believe how quiet and gentle Elisabeth was throughout the whole thing. She was really a professional.

So after the wrap I had a shower and a clean towel, robe and slippers were provided. My skin was softer than it has ever been. Then I got back on the bed for the full body massage. Again, it was just heavenly. I’m not sure how long all this lasted since I was in bliss and barely conscious but I would say the wrap took about 30 min and the massage at least an hour. After the massage, Elizabeth got right to work on the facial. This process involved several different mixtures of divine smelling creams– like fruit or aloe or mint or flowers. I was really surprised to see that the products they used were top of the line. I really wasn’t expecting that from a spa in Mexico but just goes to show you never know.

When it was all over I didn’t want to get up. Trust me. I was so relaxed I was almost in a trance. I looked at my face in the mirror and it was glowing, really! I can’t recommend this enough. It was just the perfect cherry on top of a great vacation (sort of a vacation from the vacation) … I will definitely go back!

4 Thank JouJousFlower