“Private Custom Jeep Tour”

Cozumel Cruise Excursions - Private Tours
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: We are a family owned tour operator in Cozumel, who offer the best Private Cozumel Excursions in Cozumel Mexico. Our family has been in business for over 15 years and known as the most reliable tour operator in Cozumel. Our Private Cozumel tours are known as the best way to explore Cozumel during your day in Cozumel Mexico. We pick you up from the cruise piers, resort and ferry. We have the #1 private tour guides, who speak fluent English and are featured in many of our 5 Star reviews. Our private guides are truly magnificent, and very knowledgeable about Cozumel Culture and history because they are natives to Cozumel, who grew up living this unique and fascinating culture, so they know everything first hand. Our Private Cozumel Excursions includes a delicious Mexican Meal, drinks, private beach club, private snorkel tour, entrance to Punta Sur Park, other side of Cozumel, beach breaks, beach bars & restaurants, cooler of beer/water/soda, Mayan Ruins, tequila tour and much more. We offer our Custom Private Cozumel Jeep Tour, Private Cozumel Dune Buggy Tour or a Custom Private Tour where the vehicle is optional and larger groups may get an air conditioned van if they would like to stay together. Tours are 5 1/2 hrs to 6 hrs, and you may extend your tour for no additional cost. We want our tours in Cozumel to be the highlight of your vacation. Each Cozumel Excursion is unique and designed so everyone has an amazing time, and experience Cozumel Mexico the way they like. We also have our famous small group Cozumel snorkel tours that we operate, and also provide other Cozumel tours and attractions on our website, and are known as the best Cozumel Shore Excursions offered in Cozumel. Cozumel Cruise Excursions NET is dedicated to providing our guests with the most amazing experience that they will cherish forever. Thank you so much for your interest in our famous tours! :) Sincerely, John A. Family Owned & Operated
Useful Information: Activities for older children, Stairs / elevator, Stroller parking, Lockers / storage, Food available for purchase, Bathroom facilities, Wheelchair access
Reviewed February 13, 2014

I booked a custom jeep tour with Cozumel Cruise Excursions on January 11, 2014 for our Ruby Princess Cruise ship stop in Cozumel on February 3, 2014. Everything went exactly according to plan, from the time we stepped off the ship and walked a few blocks to our meeting spot to the end of the the amazing 5 hour tour. The highlight was, Alex, our guide and driver!

To begin, we were given extremely clear and concise directions to find the meeting place, which had been sent via email ahead of time from John the owner. There were a few moments of confusion on our part, as the cruise ship personnel told us we had docked at a different dock then what our directions indicated - which was no problem because John had also given us the alternative instructions just in case this happened. The funny part is that the cruise ship personnel was wrong!!! We were exactly where John had told us we would be docking.

Alex was waiting for us as we arrived just before 9am at Marti Sporting Goods, the designated meeting spot. We then met Frank and we were escorted over to the jeep. We settled our bill and jumped in the jeep with Alex. An entire cooler full of water, mango juice and beer was available to us throughout the trip.

My favorite parts of the jeep tour were the lighthouse, the Mayan ruins, the AMAZING lunch of fajitas at our lunch spot, and the swim at the beach. The beach was breathtaking; with beautiful waves, powdery sand and we were were nearly the only ones there!

Alex took us on a tour to really see the island of Cozumel, which is exactly what we wanted, as well as explained many details about the island to us. At the end we stopped at a Tequila "factory", which isn't really more than a tasting showroom, and were given a history lesson on how Tequila is made and then got to taste all the different kinds. I wasn't a Tequila fan before this experience, but now I am! We purchased a bottle and have been enjoying it since our return home.

I highly recommend Cozumel Cruise Excursions as a wonderful, family owned, laid back, company who goes above and beyond to ensure you have a memorable, entertaining and educational experience while you are in Cozumel. I loved getting a broad view of the island and learning about the history as well as soaking up the beautiful sun and conversation with the Amazing Alex, our tour guide.

2  Thank LisaLivingHappy
There are newer reviews for Cozumel Cruise Excursions - Private Tours

Reviewed February 10, 2014

We booked the snorkel and Jeep tour prior to our cruise and John made sure we had all our questions answered and were completely comfortable before we ever left on vacation. We arrived and ended up going with Jorge and 2 other couples (all separate Jeeps) to snorkel. A quick stop for the "papparazzi", then another photo op just before we snorkeled in gorgeous water with lots of beautiful fish and even a couple of stingrays! Then onto Punta Sur, the lighthouse and saltwater crocodile, finally ending with an amazing fresh fajita lunch across from the beach! Wish we would have had time for the tequila tour, but had to get back to the pier. The entire day Jorge was absolutely wonderful, continually checking to make sure everyone was having a good time and had cold cervezas and water. We could not have asked for a better day spent in port, actually made us decide we want to fly back and stay a week next time :)

2  Thank jking513
Reviewed February 10, 2014

My wife and I tried to book a jeep tour on-line with this company, but got no response and the pick-up at our resort never happened. There was no local phone number listed on the website, and there was no answer to the two international calls that I made to them at my expense.

It was only after my initial review on Tripadvisor appeared that I heard from John, the owner.

The story was that all of the computers were stolen from his office, so he had no email or phone service available, in spite of the fact that his email was "sent from my IPhone".

My deposit was promptly refunded through PayPal, so that worked out OK.

Further emails from John pleaded with me to remove the negative review from Tripadvisor, saying that it had destroyed his business (or words to that effect). He promised to send the police report of the incident, so I removed the review and waited for the promised police report. It has been almost a month now and I have not heard from John.

So - you decide. It seems like there are a lot of happy people, but also some not so happy.

My suggestion to John - find some sort of backup to your communication and list a local number so that folks can contact you if there is a problem.

11  Thank billvfitz
Reviewed February 9, 2014

Did the jeep tour with our group of 10, had a great time. We arrived to the port on our cuise, met our guide across the street. Hopped in the jeeps and headed to a beach to snorkel. Then off to the light house to see the sites. Then off fo lunch with an amazing view. Then last stop the tequila factory, where we bought some tequila. The guide was awesome, the day was awesome, would definetely recommend if you are looking for something to do in Cozumel.

Reviewed February 9, 2014

I met the tour guides at the Money Bar a $9 cab ride from my cruise boat. I was out the rat race that existed in front the cruise boat terminal. The Money Bar has an excellent restaurant. We were picked up by some very friendly and helpful locals and took a 30 min ride to the 1st reef. They had complimentary juices soft drinks and beer available. We were given instruction on the way out and offered life vests. The first reef was away from the crowd and for practice. We got back in the boat for a brief ride to the second reef and swam to the 3rd reef. I had not snorkeled in 40 years and got back in the boat a few minutes early to enjoy a Coronetta. I am 68 and was tired. We had all the Coronas we wanted on the way back and enjoyed some good comoradary with the other divers. The oldest was 72, most were younger. But you are never too old. After the dive I enjoyed some turtle soup at the Money Bar