“WARNING: DO NOT BOOK WITH THIS COMPANY”

Cozumel Cruise Excursions - Private Tours
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: We are a family owned tour operator in Cozumel, who offer the best Private Cozumel Excursions in Cozumel Mexico. Our family has been in business for over 15 years and known as the most reliable tour operator in Cozumel. Our Private Cozumel tours are known as the best way to explore Cozumel during your day in Cozumel Mexico. We pick you up from the cruise piers, resort and ferry. We have the #1 private tour guides, who speak fluent English and are featured in many of our 5 Star reviews. Our private guides are truly magnificent, and very knowledgeable about Cozumel Culture and history because they are natives to Cozumel, who grew up living this unique and fascinating culture, so they know everything first hand. Our Private Cozumel Excursions includes a delicious Mexican Meal, drinks, private beach club, private snorkel tour, entrance to Punta Sur Park, other side of Cozumel, beach breaks, beach bars & restaurants, cooler of beer/water/soda, Mayan Ruins, tequila tour and much more. We offer our Custom Private Cozumel Jeep Tour, Private Cozumel Dune Buggy Tour or a Custom Private Tour where the vehicle is optional and larger groups may get an air conditioned van if they would like to stay together. Tours are 5 1/2 hrs to 6 hrs, and you may extend your tour for no additional cost. We want our tours in Cozumel to be the highlight of your vacation. Each Cozumel Excursion is unique and designed so everyone has an amazing time, and experience Cozumel Mexico the way they like. We also have our famous small group Cozumel snorkel tours that we operate, and also provide other Cozumel tours and attractions on our website, and are known as the best Cozumel Shore Excursions offered in Cozumel. Cozumel Cruise Excursions NET is dedicated to providing our guests with the most amazing experience that they will cherish forever. Thank you so much for your interest in our famous tours! :) Sincerely, John A. Family Owned & Operated
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities, Lockers / storage, Stairs / elevator, Activities for older children, Stroller parking, Food available for purchase, Wheelchair access
Boston
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 38 helpful votes
“WARNING: DO NOT BOOK WITH THIS COMPANY”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 6, 2014

WARNING: DO NOT BOOK WITH THIS COMPANY

This review is a bit long, but worth the read if you are considering this company.

My family and I just returned from a cruise in which we chose an itinerary that included Cozumel specifically so we could go on a jeep tour. Based on the excellent reviews, I booked with this company for December 30, 2013. I did not receive my E-receipt until a couple of weeks after I booked. This made me nervous, as I needed to make several phone calls and send several emails to ensure that I had the proper instructions for the meeting place and time. My gut was telling me that something may be wrong, but I chose to proceed based on the good reviews.

We were instructed to meet at 8am outside of Hooters, and we needed to be back on our cruise ship to leave port at 1:30pm. We waited for 2 hours for the tour, along with another group that was booked with the same "private" tour guide, but instead was told to meet at 8:30am. We all tried in vain to reach tour guide Frank via his cell phone, which he never answered. We also called the 800 number listed on our E-receipt which is not a phone number that is in service. This is the first vacation our family has taken in several years and our precious time in Cozumel was gone due to this dishonest company.

When I returned to the states, I tried several times to phone John, the owner of the company, and he never answered my calls. It was only when I filed a fraud claim with my credit card that I was contacted by him via email with a story about scooter accidents, car accidents, bleeding disorders, and childbirth that seemed far fetched.

I posted a review to the company's website telling my story, and was bombarded with phone calls, voicemails, emails, and numerous lengthy and harassing text messages from the owner.

My gut tells me that this is a shady and fraudulent company, which is a poor representation of the kind people of Cozumel who work hard and tend to be honest with the tourists that keep their economy alive. As a nurse, I do hope that nobody was truly injured in this situation, but the facts aren't adding up to an honest and reputable business.

Please, book with another tour company.

36 Thank BT0wnGirl

Juneau, Alaska
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Highlight of Our Cruise - Tour to Tulum”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 2, 2014

Our extended family of ten was traveling to Cozumel on the Caribbean Princess during the week of Christmas. I wanted to use private local tour guides on our trip (versus Princess excursions). Based upon the great Trip Advisor reviews, we booked here and we were not disappointed! I was very nervous when our cruise itinerary changed dates for Cozumel, but the company was able to rebook us on our new date. The booking process was easy. Everything was professional and accurately represented.
We went to Tulum. Our guide, Ivan, was professional and very knowledgeable. There's lots of transportation involved in the trip to Tulum (walk from cruise ship, taxi to ferry, taxi to Tulum) but Ivan made it all go smoothly.
I wish we had more time in port and we would have gone to the gorgeous Playa del Carmen.

8 Thank JuneauLady
Denver, Colorado
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“So much fun!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 29, 2013

Our family loved every minute of the jeep tour with Frank and Miguel. I can't say enough good things about this company! Use them... you won't be disappointed!!!

5 Thank 861HeatherS861
Dodge City, Kansas
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“TopNotch Service. Best Day on Cozumel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 28, 2013

My husband and I are very impressed with this company! First of all, John was very helpful in accommodating our schedule, even up to the night before. One of the perks of Coz Cruise Excursions is that they pick you up from your hotel, and you can ask for a certain time you'd like your day to begin. We were going to be at another activity/location in the morning, and these guys made it so convenient for us to be picked up there and begin the BEST time we had in Cozumel. We were privileged to have Frank as our tour guide. This guy is AMAZING! We loved being able to say the places we'd like to see and he made it happen. The day was relaxing, unrushed, FUN, and informative. He was very charming, personable, open...we really felt like we spent the day with a friend. We cannot recommend Frank, John, and Cozumel Cruise Excursions PRIVATE Jeep Tours, highly enough. I may add that as we passed by other tour company Jeeps playing following the leader, I felt like we SCORED with the best option having Frank, and our Jeep, all to ourselves. When we wanted to stay longer at any place, we could, and if we wanted to swing into this roadside shop, we could. The freedom was perfect. And the price was better than if we'd gone with the other guys! Dinner included at the best beach bar/restaurant, Andale Beach Bar! Oh! And be SURE you do the Tequila tasting and personal "class" on how its made when you get back to town, we almost opted out of this since it was getting late, but are SO glad we didn't... Thank you Frank, for the BEST day in Cozumel! We will book with you guys again for more adventure next time we are down there.

Visited November 2013
5 Thank Maria C
Louisville, Kentucky
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Great tour, great guys.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 22, 2013

My wife and I recently enjoyed a tour of Cozumel with Cozumel Cruise Excursions, and we can definitely recommend them to anyone else. The entire process, from booking the tour to initial meeting to the tour itself, was super smooth and stress-free. Once we met up with our tour guide, David, our day began.

David was terrific as a guide around the island, allowing us to drive the Jeep ourselves while he pointed out landmarks and sites from the backseat. As we were alone, and not in a line of 4 or 5 jeeps, this gave us the feeling of a true private tour. Very cool.

The stops were incredible as well, and very customizable should you want to focus on certain aspects of the island. David's enthusiasm for snorkeling and his home island in general made for a tour of park, while his pick for a lunch spot was outstanding. He even went out of his way to find my wife an off-the-beaten path vendor for a particular piece of stoneware she was looking for.

Overall, we can definitely recommend a tour through these guys. It's just a great way to see the non-touristy parts of the island with someone who knows the place well. John, Frank, David and all of the other guys run a great tour. Two thumbs up!

5 Thank Jnberr0