“Another perfect trip diving with living underwater”

Living Underwater - Private Dives
Reviewed February 2, 2014

We just returned from a week in Cozumel and spent 5 days diving with Jeremy & his awesome crew. We highly recommend living underwater. They are so helpful taking care of your equipment assisting with putting it on etc. Jeremy is such a great dive master taking great care to explain the dive sites & make sure everyone is comfortable. They use steel tanks which is another added benefit.

There are newer reviews for Living Underwater - Private Dives

Reviewed January 4, 2014

I can't say enough about my fantastic experience with Jeremy and his crew. The only negative...that the trip is over and he does not have operations throughout the world.
Start with the booking which was simple online by contacting Jeremy via email. He is originally from Minnesota but has lived in Cozumel for many years.
He met me at my hotel (Cozumel palace-which I have also reviewed) the night before and discussed my and my son's comfort level and what we wanted to experience and took our gear and had it all set up for the dives the next day. Pick up was at the hotel pier right on time at 7:45 and we were also dropped off there as well.
The boat. Very fast with two outboard 115's. There is also a overhead for shade and great storage. Also NO diesel fumes! There is an 8 diver maximum and plenty of room on board.
The dives. Jeremy leads all dives. Please don't be in a hurry because Jeremy uses steel 120's or steel 95's if you prefer . Let me say that again. No aluminum 80's. Dives typically run 70 minutes but I have been down for a leisurely 90 minute profile as well. Jeremy will point out the usual big critters but takes the time to show you the smallest ones as well and even whips out a magnifying glass from a pocket. Who does that?
The surface interval. What was really nice is that the space interval is done at playa palancar where you can order some really great seafood soup, ceviche , or even eggs or a burger. This was so much nicer than sitting in a boat for the interval. Jeremy does have fresh fruit, water, and assorted pastry daily on board as well.
The little extras. Total concierge service! Tanks are changed out in between dives. Wetsuits are hung up to dry. Gear is rinsed at the end of the day and is ready for the next day if you are diving again. Jeremy has insulated ponchos available if you are cold. He has clean towels for you as well. I'm sure I'm missing something here but I hope you get the idea.
I have dove before with another crew on the island (contact me if you wish to know whom) and there was nothing wrong with them either...except it was just ok. It wasn't exceptional. Jeremy and his crew on the jewfish are exceptional. So stop looking elsewhere and dive with him. You won't regret it.

Reviewed August 25, 2013

The last two times I visited Cozumel I longed to revisit my favorite site Palancar Reef. There is no better way to do this than with "Living Underwater" diving, owned and operated by Jeremy Anschel. This is no hassel diving at it's best a great (no more than eight divers) dive boat called the Jewfish and is about as up close and personal as it gets. Jeremy and his crew take you where YOU want to go. A two fins up!

1  Thank leongalatoire
Reviewed August 20, 2013

Ditto to all the other great reviews, but let's not forget that Jeremy is a very patient, confidence building divemaster. We went with Living Underwater for our second dive trip ever. I was over-confident as usual, and my wife was the opposite. Jeremy had us both perfectly in hand from the beginning. He was kind, firm, patient and totally attentive with my wife, made her feel safe and built her confidence during the course of the week. And he kept me from killing myself.

Many dive trips later, we book with Living Underwater each time we visit Cozumel. Alway a pleasure to see those friendly, competent faces.

1  Thank Steve K
Reviewed June 3, 2013

This was my 13th trip to Coz and my first time using Jeremy's operation. The old saying "you get what you pay for" is correct. The service was impecable, the boats were always right on time and we were even able to add our spouses on for a last me dive on Thursday. Jeremy let my dive buddy and I do our own dive, he didn't try to herd us like a bunch of cattle. The really nice thing was being grouped with divers of simialr abilities, so we didn't have the problem of inexperienced divers always running into us and being a pain. On thing I did not care for was 8 divers on the Devils Throat dive on Wednesday May 29. Several of them were hesitant and more or less got in the way when they decided not to continue the dive. 4 divers on a Devils Throat excursion would have been nicer. On this same trip we used Dive Paradise for a couple of afternoon dives, and being able to compare ops side by side really shows the difference in entry level and first class. Thanks for the great dives Jeremy!!

1  Thank markandjanell