“another great week with jeremy and living underwater!”

Living Underwater - Private Dives
Reviewed October 1, 2012

a group of us had the Jewfish all to ourselves from 9/16-22/2012; for 5 of the 7 this was there first trip to coz; my wife and i thought we would break them in right by diving with jeremy at Living Underwater; AS PER USUAL, IT WAS FANTASTIC! HOW CAN IT GET ANY BETTER THAN THIS? our gear was picked up the day before and setup when we boarded the boat the next morning and every morning after that/great boat and crew (ricardo and edwin)/big tanks/tons of bottom time/on time pickup everyday/great snacks on board/great SIT at playa palancar/all gear set up for you on the boat after the SIT/wetsuits hung up/ fabulous dive sites/simply the best DM i have ever been with - great host-safe-calm-leeway to experienced divers;boutique, concierge diving at its best; every detail is taken care of by people who take pride in their service; we are completely spoiled and can't recommend jeremy or Living
Underwater highly enough;

"small boat"
"nurse sharks"
in 4 reviews

Reviewed August 6, 2012

Jeremy does what it takes to give his divers the best possible experience. We dove from Barracuda in the North to Maracaibo in the south, and often were the only boat on the site. Long dives and deep profiles possible with his big steel tanks. After a week with Living Underwater, you really feel that you have had the most complete diving experience available in Cozumel.

Reviewed August 5, 2012

We dove with this company last fall, but had a less than stellar experience, and were disappointed because we'd read such great things about Jeremy. We gave them another chance, and now we know why everyone raves about Jeremy! He's very safety conscious, as well as ensures that you see neat things, both big and small. He's friendly, funny and you can tell that he's well respected in the diving/boating community there. Diving with his steel tanks, you always get more than an hour in the water, and one dive this trip was 1:45!! His concierge style of dive operation means that he comes to your hotel or house and picks up your gear, or you give it to him the first day and you never have to do anything with it the rest of the week. They change out tanks between dives, provide fresh fruit and drinks, then drop you off at a pier near where you're staying, and then take your gear back and rinse it out each day before putting it on fresh tanks. The dive group decides where they want to go each day. LOVED the easy life!

2  Thank stork90
Reviewed July 26, 2012

I was able to do a two tank dive on 7/23 and a night dive on 7/24. Although I have been diving with Living Underwater for years the owner, Jeremy Anschel, always treats me like a brand new customer.

The plus to this trip was that my wife and I had friends down at our home in Cozumel for their honeymoon. One had not dove in two years and the other I had certified just a few months ago and was his first ocean dive. In addition we also had a friend staying at the Sabor for a few days and she was also able to dive with us on 7/23.

Jeremy stopped by our house the evening before and picked up all our gear. At 7:45 the next morning we met him at the harbor. Our gear was all assembled and ready to dive. We made a couple of more stops along the way and picked up divers.

Our first dive was Palancar Horseshore. This is a beautiful dive site and had a mild current. Diving with 120 cubic foot low pressure steel tanks my honeymoon couple was able to get 50 minutes and saw plenty.

While the more veteran divers still had air I headed up with my friends and we did a nice long safety stop. When we surfaced the boat was right there. We took our gear off in the water and climbed onboard. The boat captain had dry towels and cold water waiting.

About 20 minutes later the others divers surfaced. Jeremy allows you to dive your computer and does long staggered safety stop.

Back on board cantaloupe and mangos were the fruit of the day. We then headed to a local beach club for an 1:30 minute SI.

The second dive was great. Saw a nice big nurse shark under coral head and then another shark that swam all around us and actually bumped into the lens of one the divers that had their camera. The high point was a big Moray eel that was out free swimming along the wall and at times was just a few feet away. Again another 50 minute dive and about 15-20 minutes for the others.

Jeremy is the consummate professional. Organized, safe, friendly and always asking what he can do to make the dives better.

For the divers that were also diving the next morning he bagged their gear up and rinsed it at his shop at the harbor. This included the wetsuits.

Jeremy takes his time diving finding the small stuff and ultimately the big stuff is not frightened away.

I never hesitate to recommend Living Underwater and the folks that use this operation always come back with glowing recommendations.