“WOW! great snorkel tour!”
Review of Mystic Snorkel

Mystic Snorkel
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Customized snorkeling in small, intimate groups hitting the island's best shallow snorkeling reefs. I am a Local operator Providing service along with the benefit of my many years of experience as a dive instructor and snorkel leader on beautiful Cozumel island. Please email me with questions. We are at your service to help you plan a memorable underwater experience. Your Friends Alberto & Juan Cuchi
Reviewed February 18, 2013

I went to Cozumel to snorkel and choose Mystic snorkel tours because of the great Trip Advisor ratings. I'm so glad i did! This was a great tour. We went to 3 different and wonderful locations. What an amazing experience. I did some snorkeling from the shore while is was there also, and it was fun, but it's not the same as having someone take you out to where the snorkeling will blow your mind. If you want blow your mind snorkeling, Mystic is a great choice!

4  Thank loriandgabby
in 18 reviews
"marine life"
in 20 reviews

Reviewed February 18, 2013

The snorkeling/ diving in Cozumel is incredible, with many boat operators or Do It Yourself beach dives to choose from. After a lot of research I went with Mystic in part due to Trip Advisor reviews, and a few other sources and I am glad I did. This was my valentines trip with my girlfriend and we both were so happy. Cuchi (snorkel guide) and Fele (boat driver) were fun, informative and most importantly- did everything they could to get us to the best spots possible for the day you are out. We had 3 drift dives where we simply stepped off the boat into warm clear water and floated in the current for about 25-45 minutes per spot to the boat that met us at the end of the reef. They made it so easy, and enjoyable. Along the way I saw many other dive boats having fun but ours was a small group of 5 that covered a lot of the reef with Columbia Reef being my far and away favorite.

Cuchi is an excellent diver and under water tour guide, he clearly knows every inch of that reef and spotted many things the rest of us wouldnt have seen without his guidance. Our time in the water with him was the best time of my week long trip and I plan on returning at some point to dive and snorkel Palancar and of course, Columbia Reef.

2  Thank rbpower
Reviewed February 4, 2013

I was a frist time snorkeler and now I am a fanatic. Roswitha and Cuci and the captain work together as a team. The hospitality is superb. The trip was a piece of heaven for many reasons.
Naturally, they knew exactly where to go. The sights were breathtaking. The guide (Cuchi) was instructive, patient, cheerful and a true expert in pointing out: eels, turtles, sting rays, starfish, coral formations, fish and fish and fish of every color and shape. Just the right amoutn of time at each of three reefs. My son and I ( I am 65) he is 33) just could not have been more happy. It is a great value. The trip from the harbor takes a while, but the 225 HP outboard glided across the blue water with magnificence. Am I raving about this tour-YES!!!!!. I cannot wait to see Cuchi "s photos. They will be priceless. I will be back....again and again. This is paradise!

4  Thank 29277Don1948
Reviewed February 2, 2013

Mystic snorkeling tours was INCREDIBLE! The service was outstanding! I contacted the owner quite a while before our trip because we were taking our 83 year old dad with us and none of us had ever been there before. The owner communicated with me such that I knew just how to get there and what we would experience. Not only that but she also arranged for a parasailing boat to meet us in the ocean so that we could go parasailing with my dad after we snorkeled! The tour went so well. The leader lead us in a small group of only 6 folks. She pointed out very cool creatures and made the experience wonderful! She took us to three different places that were not visited by tons of tourists. She was informative and very friendly. I couldn't believe the "over and above" the owner did to make this a special trip for my family! I believe we were snorkeling about 30+ minutes in each of the three stops we visited. By the time we were finished, I felt that I had gotten a great experience, a fair price, and a safe trip. I HIGHLY recommend mystic tours! We made some incredible memories that day thanks to Mystic Tours!

2  Thank Laurie H
See more reviews
Reviewed February 1, 2013

On the third last day of my 10-day, 50th. birthday trip to Playa del Carmen, I booked an excursion to Sian Ka’an with another tour group. I’d been anticipating going there for 5 years and the excursion ended up being a huge disappointment, in part due to them canceling the snorkeling. I really really wanted to go snorkeling during my holiday!

The next day, my second last, I scrambled to find a snorkeling excursion. This time, I decided to hedge my bets and read reviews before choosing a company. Mystic came up with 4 ½ stars and pretty much rave reviews. I didn’t have much hope of getting in to a tour at the last minute, but I wrote an email anyway. I think it took Rosi maybe 3 hours max before she replied that ‘yes’ she could fit me in the next day. Her confirmation email was incredibly detailed and answered any question I could possibly have. It also asked questions regarding our level of swimming/snorkeling experience as well as our comfort levels. I felt like I was in very good hands before even meeting her.

During the day I had a number of questions so I wrote another 3 or 4 emails. Each was answered quickly and politely. Very reassuring.

The next morning I took the ferry to Cozumel and then a taxi to the Marina. The taxi driver was concerned because he didn’t think I’d easily find her as the marina is big-ish. I already felt so much confidence in Rosi that I assured him, ‘Don’t worry. She’ll find me.” Sure enough, the second we pulled into the marina entrance, I saw her standing there, watching the taxi. I mouthed, “Rosi?” through the window and sure enough, it was her.

During the boat ride she answered all of our questions and pretty much set the tone for a very pleasant and fun day. The first dive site was only 10 feet deep and she described it as a kind of nursery, explaining that the small fish we’d see there would be larger at the next site. We saw lots of beautiful fish, some really big starfish and some coral. I enjoyed it but I was also a bit nervous so decided to get back in the boat a bit early. Rosi stayed with me so I could hold onto her floating rescue buoy while waiting for our captain to bring the boat to me. He was always close. I got back in the boat and put on the wetsuit and snorkeling life-vest. With the added buoyancy, I felt secure enough to go in for the next two dives.

The second site was 20 feet deep. The fish were big and gorgeous and incredibly diverse. We also saw a couple of huge sea-turtles. I even followed one for a while. I was still a bit nervous though so I stuck very, very close to Rosi. She teasingly called me her ‘shark cleaner’ but seemed happy for me to stay close. She showed me all sorts of things, explained what things were, the names of some fish,etc. The last site was at the 2nd largest coral reef in the world, which extends nearly 700 miles from the Yucatan to Honduras. It was really amazing!

Another thing I should mention is that between dives we were offered a lovely selection of fresh,cut fruit. The papaya was even from Rosi’s own tree!

She takes lots of pictures and you can buy the CD if you like. I just got mine in the mail and I’m very happy.

What else can I say? Snorkeling with Mystic was absolutely the best decision I made during my holiday. I can’t say enough good things about them.

Just do it!