“Beautiful and relaxing”

Playa Uvas Open Bar Exclusive Pass
$125.00*
Baja 1000 Combo Lunch and Snorkel Tour
More attraction details
Owner description: Our shore snorkel, resort & certified diving and catamaran snorkel trip are some of the examples of experiences you can live while you are visiting us. Or if you feel like relaxing, enjoy a massage in our lounge area by the pool, where under palm trees you will feel the breeze of the Caribbean Ocean. If you feel like shopping you can browse in our store of typical Mexican crafts.Our specialties restaurant and our bar will complement and excellent day of sun, sea and sand. But above all, let us transmit the pride of serving you in our beach, located in a privileged area of Cozumel, by the marine park of Chankanaab.
Reviewed March 14, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I booked this as an excursion through island marketing. The price was very reasonable for an open bar and snorkeling. The service was excellent. Our drinks were never empty or warm. The snorkeling tour was good. We really enjoyed snorkeling on our own before and after the tour also. The food from the restaurant was the best food we had during the entire cruise. I had shrimp tacos and everything was so fresh. I would highly recommend this for anyone wanting a laid back atmosphere in a beautiful setting with outstanding service.

UvasVago, Guest Relations Manager at Playa Uvas, responded to this reviewResponded March 23, 2013

Thanks for your review! We are glad that you had a good time at the beach and that everyone took good care of you guys and made you comfortable. Thanks again and we do hope you will visit us again sometime!
Saludos;)

There are newer reviews for Playa Uvas

Reviewed March 13, 2013

Friendly beach with bar, food, rentals and clean restrooms. Small pool, souvenirs, massages and outdoor showers.

Thanks for your review we are glad that you enjoyed the facilities. Hope to see you again sometime.
Saludos

Reviewed March 13, 2013

I loved this place. My husband and I recently went on a Carnival cruise, and our first stop was in Cozumel. I didn't want to buy an excursion because they were really expensive. I searched around and saw this this place had good reviews. When we got to the port, we took a cab for 8 dollars to the place. We each paid $37 for 4 hour open bar and snorkeling.
We sat down and were waited on until our snorkeling tour guide was ready to go. He was very nice and made sure we were all okay (I'm not a good swimmer, but he was very reassuring). We were out in the clear waters for at least half an hour. There weren't that many things to look at, but the water is so clear, it didn't matter. We actually saw more fish swimming around us closer to the shore.
After snorkeling, my husband and I enjoyed plenty of drinks, great conversation with the staff, and met some fellow cruise mates there too.
I think this place would be good for someone who likes to relax, have some drinks, and go for a relaxing swim in the clear waters.

Thanks very much for your review! We are glad that you had a great time at the beach club and that the staff and snorkel guide made your day a great one here in Cozumel. Thanks again and we hope to see you again sometime.
Saludos;)

Reviewed January 26, 2013

This place is a hidden gem in Cozumel and was the best day on the cruise vacation. The package was well worth it, the snorkelling was excellent, the food great and the service was outstanding. Don't go anywhere else except this fantastic location the next time you are at Cozumel.

3  Thank Brad H
UvasVago, Guest Relations Manager at Playa Uvas, responded to this reviewResponded January 30, 2013

Thanks very much for your review! We are glad that you had such a great day at our facilities and that the service and food were to your liking. Thanks again and we hope to see you again on your next visit to our little island! Until then happy travels!
Saludos

Reviewed January 23, 2013

This was a day excursion for my family on the Celebrity Constellation cruise ship, and one of the reasons we signed up for it was the clear kayaks. Unfortunately, when we landed, we were informed by Luis that the waters were too rough for the kayaking part, but that we could still take a taxi over to Playa Uvas and go snorkeling. We were very disappointed, but ended up agreeing to do that. The weather seemed perfectly fine that day, so I'm not sure why it was judged too rough. But Luis did give us a discount on the excursion we got.

We were met by Mario, who was our guide and took us out snorkeling. I have to say, even though there were very people who had ever snorkeling in our group, including some ladies much older than I, I was the biggest wimp! I couldn't get used to the idea of breathing through a tube under water. And I wasn't familiar with how to walk in flippers, especially over the rocky reef from the beach into the water. But from the start, Mario was as nice as could be; he had me hold onto a boogie board and he dragged me around with him, the whole time! It really helped to make me feel more comfortable, and I finally relaxed and could enjoy seeing the aquatic sights below.

There weren't as many sights as I'd assumed I see, but near the end we did see an octopus, a sting ray, and several angel fish. The fish were not shy to come near us!

After snorkeling for about an 45 minutes (?) we came back and got a coupon for a free drink; I had a pina colada. And we had some delicious guacamole and chips. I have to say, having visited Cozumel in college, years ago, and having gotten Montezuma's revenge then, I was very wary of eating or drinking anything, but the cruise officials assured me that all approved excursion sights had food that would not be a problem for Americans. And that ended up being true.

Other than the disappointment of missing the clear kayak experience, we had a great time.

Thanks very much for your review! We are glad that you had a great time at playa Uvas! We are sorry that you weren´t able to do the clear kayaks as you had planned. We do hope that you will be able to come back again sometime and visit us! Saludos