“Playa Uvas Clear Kayak and Snorkeling”
Review of Playa Uvas

Playa Uvas
Book In Advance
More Info
$64.99*
and up
Cozumel Shore Excursion: Playa Uvas Private Beach...
More attraction details
Owner description: Our shore snorkel, resort & certified diving and catamaran snorkel trip are some of the examples of experiences you can live while you are visiting us. Or if you feel like relaxing, enjoy a massage in our lounge area by the pool, where under palm trees you will feel the breeze of the Caribbean Ocean. If you feel like shopping you can browse in our store of typical Mexican crafts.Our specialties restaurant and our bar will complement and excellent day of sun, sea and sand. But above all, let us transmit the pride of serving you in our beach, located in a privileged area of Cozumel, by the marine park of Chankanaab.
Reviewed January 5, 2013

My husband and I did this excursion while porting in Cozumel in December 2012. The weather was perfect and the water was great. The kayaking was enjoyable, as well as the snorkeling. However, the snorkeling was much more exhausting than other snorkeling trips we have taken. Typically we have snorkeling off of a boat. This trip was snorkeling from shore and then back to the beach. The guide leads you down the coastline to enter the water closer to the coral. But then you snorkel out quite a distance and then back to the beach area. They do have a guide in the water with you and another in a kayak to make sure nobody has any trouble. My husband and I (both 50 yrs.) were completely worn out when we were done, but didn't need assistance. I recommend this trip if you are in good physical shape, but it is not a leisurely trip.
The fruit plate and one complimentary drink were both very good. They did not rush you, but when you were ready to return had a taxi ready to take us back to the pier.

1  Thank IllinoisRacefan
UvasVago, Guest Relations Manager at Playa Uvas, responded to this reviewResponded January 19, 2013

Thanks very much for your review we are glad that you had a good time on your excursion and at our beach club. Sorry that you got so worn out but the currents this time of year are a little stronger than usual. thanks again!
Saludos

in 7 reviews
"sting ray"
in 8 reviews

Reviewed December 17, 2012

I was so lucky to have the only reservation for scuba diving for the day so I met Luis the dive master and they got me in the right gear I needed and loaded, and hooked up all my equipment so all I had to do was relax! we took a two tank dive to two different places and it was so amazing! I would highly recommend this place everyone was helpful and friendly!

I had to go to their beach to get to the boat and there was only 6 people hanging out on their private beach if that was my thing it would be a wonderful place to lay out and relax!

1  Thank Jennifer S

Thanks very much for your review I will be sure your review with Luis. Thanks again and we hope you visit us again maybe on your next trip to our little island. Saludos;)

Reviewed December 10, 2012

We've been to this beach on an excursion so the third time to Cozumel, we just reserved our spots with the beach instead of paying a huge amount on an excursion through Carnival. I reserved online and paid the $8.00 per person when arriving. They give you $8.00 per person in drink tickets that you can use at the bar if you'd like. This "fee" also includes a snorkeling tour which was tons of fun. We also bought lunch which was wonderful! $10.00 to and from the resort for taxis but it was so much cheaper than paying for an excursion! We had such a good time!!

1  Thank Rachel709_12

Thanks very much for your review we are glad that you had a great day at our beach club and that everyone took such good care of you. Thanks again and we hope to see you again sometime!
Saludos

Reviewed November 27, 2012

My husband was a little Leary about going to a beach club. We usually go snorkeling by ourselves close to the port. Well he has yet to stop raving about how great Uvas was!! Upon arrival at Uvas we were greeted by Carmen who was very nice and professional. She explained to us the pkgs. they had and what was included. We were then shown where lockers and snorkel gear were located. We got some chairs and an umbrella right on the beach and wanted to get in the Beautiful water to snorkel. We had also reserved a time to have a guide take us out. Best thing we could have done! He showed us fish in the water we would of never seen on our own. The bartender was Awesome also. Everyone was great!! A+ we will be back!!

4  Thank Loudia
UvasVago, Guest Relations Manager at Playa Uvas, responded to this reviewResponded December 5, 2012

Thanks very much for your review we are glad that you had such a great time with us at the beach club and that everyone took such good care of you during your time with us. We hope that you will visit us again on your next trip. Thanks again and Saludos;)

See more reviews
Reviewed November 23, 2012

On the day we were there the seas were very rough, but that was because of an unusual wind flow . The employees there were very attentive and even offered to help us out beyond the rocks. There was snorkel gear available, showers, food, shade, a pool and lounge chairs. We loved the food and drinks and the employees made our stay delightful. I would totally go again!

1  Thank Emma R

Thanks veyr much for your review we are glad that you enjoyed your day with us at Uvas and that the staff made your stay a great one. We do hope to see you again sometime. Thanks again! Saludos