“My new fav”
Review of Villa Aldora

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Cozumel
Villa Aldora
Reviewed March 20, 2012

We stayed in the Falice Suite from March 9-17th. I have been going to dive resorts since 1988 and was a little concerned that this villa did not have a restaurant or bar. So I was surprised when I found making our own food in our own kitchen enhanced my experience dramatically. No time was wasted in a restaurant waiting for your food. That means more time for diving and relaxing. Brent, who runs everything there, took us to the grocery store twice and we got everything we could ever need. Shopping in the large grocery store was easy, they have a check out line for english speakers and you can pay in dollars. It was like a Walmart superstore. The Falice suite was very comfortable and roomy. Two bedrooms and two bathrooms. The suite is also very quiet as no foot traffic is going by. Views are great, the water is just down the steps. We dove 2 dives/day for 7 days and were equally impressed with the diving operation. I can't think of anything negative to say about Villa Aldora or Aldora divers. That is why we are returning in the Fall. I have found my new favorite place. Before this Little Cayman Beach Resort was my favorite for years. Villa Aldora is better. Smaller, quieter, has a kitchen, is more intimate and the staff is at your service-literally. I just got back and I miss it already!

Room Tip: All the rooms are good. On your first trip ask to see the other rooms for your return.
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Denise W
There are newer reviews for Villa Aldora

Reviewed March 20, 2012

I stayed at the Villa last week and it was an amazing stay. The staff was great, the diving was great, along with the service, location and easy access to the dive boats can simply not be beat. It is an easy stroll into town and if you want a cab it is cheap! I can't say enough about diving and lodging with Aldora. I've been going to Cozumel for over 20 years and have never had this level of service! To the Villa staff...keep doing what you are doing and everyone will keep coming back! I know I will as soon as possible!!!!

Room Tip: The rooms with full kitchens are nice for making breakfast before you dive. The dive boat will be th...
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed March 7, 2012

I just want to say how professional, kind, and clean Villa Aldora was last week. I was there for almost a week diving with them. The staff is incredible!! They will run you into town, make sure you are comfortable, clean your room every day, stop by to check on you, have cook-outs on the grill FOR FREE, you name it!! The view is incredible and you can snorkle for free right outside your room.

This place is a true 20 on a 10 scale!! Thank you Aldora for the best dives of my life, helping me on my Advanced Open Water Certification, and a great stay at the Villa Aldora!!

Room Tip: Any of the rooms are really great and very reasonable.
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Steve C
Reviewed March 6, 2012

Our family of 4 stayed in the Cameron Suite for 7 days in December.3 were divers and myself a non diver.The room was large and spacious and kept clean.Staff very efficient.Special thanks to Brent for driving us around and for helping when my credit card got eaten by the atm machine.The 3 divers loved the diving and all the staff involved.Aldora a short walk or bike ride into Cozumel.Can't wait to return one day soon.Thanks also to Kay and Greg for the Xmas get together.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank mintym00
Reviewed February 20, 2012

My buddy and I were very had a very bad experience with a 5 star resort on Cozumel so we decided to move out. We found Aldora Divers, they set us up for diving and called the manager of the Villa who came to the dive store and drove us to the Villa to see the place. My buddy and I, who just wanted to dive, wasted no time in getting set up at Aldora Villa. Brent, the manager treated us like royalty and catered to our every need. We will return there again for the professional service and warm hospitality. Thanks guys you rock!

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank sushi2103
Reviewed January 14, 2012

Stayed at the villa for 3 nights and did 2 days diving with aldora divers. Staff were very friendly and helpful, even giving us a lift to the supermarket shortly after our arrival for supplies. Dive boats picked us up from the villa's dock which is so easy and makes for a very chilled out start to your days diving. Rooms are comfortable and clean and great location, an enjoyable 15 minute walk along the waterfront into the touristy centre.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank psteedie
Reviewed January 5, 2012

I just got back from a 14 day Cozumel Mexico vacation. We went from 12/20/11 to 1/4/2012, It was the first time for me and my two friends on the island. The three of us went with my friends boyfriend who is an avid diver, he dove with Aldora Divers for 11 days.
Villa Aldora is a simple cozy and clean place to stay. It has a nice salt water pool. There is great snorkeling in the reefs around the house. Some villas are just rooms and some have a full kitchen with 2 bedrooms. The really great asset to staying with Villa Aldora is the managers. Super helpful, friendly willing to do whatever it takes to help you out with anything, weather its a ride to the grocery store, or into town. Great advice as where to go for dinner or activities and about how much you can expect to pay. The first night we arrived the manager was taking a guest who was super ill to the medical clinic. You really feel like family when you are there. The rooms were simple, authentic and clean. What I really liked is you can turn off the air conditioner (air conditioning usually makes me feel sick), and just have the ceiling fan on and the sliding door open, it is your choice. The view from most of the rooms is an awsome view of the brilliant colored ocean, We even had a 5 gallon purified water dispencer, for drinking and making coffee. There is a community gas BBQ and a large plapa if you want to sit out by the ocean and have dinner. I loved that there were several bikes for the guests to use, the three of us would bike ride just about every morning before it got to hot while our other friend went diving. The Aldora diving boats would pick him up every morning right in front of the palapa for a day of diving. Pretty convienent! We would make breakfast in the am and went out for lunch and dinner. Believe me staying at Villa Aldora really made our experience in Cozumel fabulous. The location of the Villa is a about a mile or so from town. It's a super short cab ride or you can ride your bike into town. You can walk, but we never did. It is close to the airport on the ocean if you want to know the location. I thought the location was great not right in town but not that far out, less than a 5 minute ride. The house does not have a beach, but they do have steps into the ocean, which I preferred, for swiming and snorkling. There are places to go via bike or cab if you want to lay out on a beach. The villa dose have a sandy area if you want to lay out. I thought I would miss a beach, but I actually preferred to just get in and swim in front of the villa getting in and out via the stairs instead of having to walk out on the sand to the deep water because you really do not know what is on the bottom of the sand that you could step on. I rated it EXCELLENT because of how nice everyone at the villa was. What is better than waking up in the morning having coffee on the ocean and it is all just a few steps from your bedroom. If you want luxery, its probably not for you, If you want to stay on the water and hear the ocean all night, this is your place! I think you have to have a diver in the group or rent one of the Aldora fishing boats to enjoy the villa.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled with friends