“great time” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Cozumel Sailing

Cozumel Sailing
More attraction details
Owner description: Fun adventure tour on a 35ft trimaran which includes sailing, fishing, snorkeling, remote, natural beach, a wonderful grilled lunch and spinnaker rides if the wind is good. The trip lasts about 6 1/2 hours and includes open bar. We do private trips or public ones. We can cut the trip down to about 5 hours (omit the beach stop)with a reduction in the rate.
Grande Prairie, Canada
19 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 39 helpful votes
“great time”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 3, 2013

had a blast a few months ago on this day trip. the food and drinks and crew were awesome! seeing different dive spots and different areas of cozumel was so worth it! we will be doing this again in the future

Visited January 2013
3 Thank adamc52

Brooklyn, New York
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 21 helpful votes
“The Perfect End to Our Vacation”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 1, 2013

We had a great day of sailing on March 22nd - the last day of our week in Mexico. We took the 8am ferry from Playa del Carmen to Cozumel, a quick cab ride to the marina, and set sail at 9:30am. There were about 15 of us on the boat, plus a fantastic 3-person crew who waited on us all day long. They cooked a delicious lunch off the back of the boat BBQ, and kept the drinks flowing all day long. My husband tried the snorkeling and the spinnaker ride, and had a blast! They had us back to the marina at 3:30pm, with taxis waiting to take us back to the ferry terminal. It was such a relaxing and enjoyable end to our vacation, we definitely hope to return some day!

Visited March 2013
4 Thank Carrie G
Cozumel, Quintana Roo, Mexico
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“A perfect evening”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 6, 2013 via mobile

Sunset sail on the Tucan
Great crew,food and drinks,views and sunset.
A relaxing cruise with friends and family

4 Thank Pat L
Rochester, New York
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Excellent Family day in Cozumel! Loved Captain Dan and his crew!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 28, 2013

I booked this excursion after reading some of the positive reviews on tripadvisor and let me preface my review by saying I'm an EXTREMELY nervous mom :) We have four children, ages 17, 15, 13 and 5. I was very concerned about safety and especially about how my 5 year old was going to do. To top things off the weather had not been so great for a couple of days prior and I knew that the seas were fairly rough as I'd heard of other excursions getting cancelled during our cruise for two days prior to our scheduled Cozumel sailing. Let me say that Captain Dan and his crew made me feel very much at ease. The ocean was still quite rough but he simply modified the route we were taking and we visited some different areas than perhaps he typically visits. He showed us specifically how to move around the boat safely and he knew when it got too rough to sail a different direction. We started off heading to the north side of the island to attempt some snorkeling. We were SO excited when some dolpins decided to join us! It was absolutely beautiful to see! My 5-year old was not feeling well (probably a combination of not enough sleep and a little tummy ache) and when she feel asleep the crew quickly arranged a makeshift little bed area for her to safely nap. I was so thankful that they were so helpful. :) We decided that it seemed to rough on the water to safely snorkel so we changed the course and went to a remote beach area. We had to 'park' the sailboat in the ocean and take a smaller boat to the shore. This was actually kind of fun. The beach area was not touristy and was basically deserted. We had this area to ourselves and we enjoyed simply walking up and down the beach, collecting shells and more or less just hanging out. It was very laid back and I honestly loved being somewhere that the kids didn't have access to phones/internet and and could just hang out with us and have fun. My 5 year old at this point had woken up and felt great! We spent about an hour at the beach and while we were there the crew had been preparing lunch. Before lunch however Captain Dan got out the spinnaker (think human kite!) and we each took a turn (not the 5 year old) on the spinnaker. This was AWESOME!! It was really fun and not as scary as I thought it might be. Captain Dan overheard me comment about lifejackets for the kids and he then relayed (in spanish) to the crew to get them lifejackets. Even though the kids are good swimmers this made me feel safe and Captain Dan was excellent about not making it obvious that they were wearing them due to my comments. :) After the spinnaker was lunch which was FABULOUS! The guacamole dip was insanely good, the beef was fantastic... lunch was great! After lunch Captain Dan gave us the option to try to snorkel again, or just sail and we opted to just sail around the cruise ship areas and get some pictures of our ship. Captain Dan let my 5 year old "drive" the boat a little and also one of the teenagers. This was SO COOL!! All in all, this was a GREAT day for us. There were other added perks like nonalcoholic pina coladas for the kids and even "special shot". (think lemon with salt on top of a shot glass filled with sprite). Definitely our nicest excursion during the trip. It was very, very personal.. not 'touristy'... and Captain Dan let us make a lot of the decisions about how the day went. I would highly recommend this to any personal or family visiting Cozumel. I've been to Cozumel a number of times without the kids and have never loved the experience until now. Can't wait to try it again! THANK YOU Captain Dan, Jorge, Toby and Juan! OH.. and let me add, excellent value for the cost!!!

Visited February 2013
4 Thank HaveKidsDoTravel
Fredericksburg, Virginia
42 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 75 helpful votes
“Best Excursion on the Island!!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 25, 2013

This was our second trip on the Tucan. Our first was quite awhile ago. We had fond memories so decided to do it again. The crew is very customer service oriented. Everyone is there to please and make your day memorable. It was a very windy day, so we sailed to the island first. It was such a treat. Nothing like a swim on a desserted island to start the day. Of course we had a chest of golden beers, soda and water. They served quacamole, chips and salsa on the island so we did not starve. We swam and wandered around the island while they made lunch on board. When we returned lunch and drinks were served. We had steak fajitas, beans, chicken wings, pasta salad, quacamole and salsa. Everything was delicious. Drinks were served cold and often. We sailed back, but it was too windy to spiniker ride. We did snorkel at a spot which was protected. The trip lasted 5-6 hours. They can accomodate ship people if you depart at 5p or later. All in all it was a wonderful day and worth the $90/person. The group size is always small 16 at the most. We had 10 people on the trip. What a wonderful way to spend a day in paradise. They do accept Visa or Mastercard. You may book on line.

Visited February 2013