“Coolest place ever”

Ranked #4 of 25 Cozumel B&B and Inns
Ingram, Texas
“Coolest place ever”
Reviewed June 12, 2014

I have traveled a lot and this is for me, probable the coolest. The way the place is designed gives great ventilation. But the architectural concept is fantastic, incorporating so many natural elements that It's like an island of tranquility in the city. It is also close enough to walk to downtown and the ferry. Anyhoo I will try to stay here on any trips to this area. And have recommended it to all my friends and coworkers. Thanks again to Memo for his hospitality.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank JAZZMAN1955

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (66)
Saint Louis, Missouri
Reviewed June 11, 2014

Beautiful place with so much character, most likely the best architecture on the island with charming attention to detail. If you like the feel of home and relaxing on a hammock, it's for you. I agree with others, a part of me wants to keep this place a secret, which is why it's taken me so long to write this review. haha. Close to the airport, right by downtown and Memo is very helpful with taxi's etc.

Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Amy S
MemoLopezMX, Owner at Mi Casa en Cozumel, responded to this review, June 13, 2014
Hello Amy, and thank you for your review. We understand you want to keep this place a secret but that is the way to let new people know about us and when you come back you can meet more new friends like you did this time. We are really proud to know you like the building architecture, we put a lot of our ideas in the design and the architect (Henry Domville) did a great job with them.
Thank you again for staying with us, Memo Lopez
Channelview
Reviewed May 26, 2014

No one seems to know about this great B & B. The owner is super nice. The house is amazing. Rooms are all super cute. Close to everything in town. I have been coming to Cozumel for over 20 years and only found this wonderful house on this trip. I would stay here again in a heart beat.
The house and lay out are beautiful. Cozy sweet and tropical. Just awesome!!

Room Tip: Any room is a good pick. Can not go wrong.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Bert Y
MemoLopezMX, Owner at Mi Casa en Cozumel, responded to this review, June 3, 2014
Thank you for your great review about our property! We are please to know that all details we put in our building and in our service are appreciated by our guests. Specially pleased to know that more people know about our hotel during their previous visits to Cozumel and stay with us in their next visit, and that they LIKE IT.
It is a great motivation for our work.
See you on your next visit, Memo Lopez
Reviewed May 7, 2014

I soooo enjoyed my stay with Memo at his beautiful home Mi Casa!! :)
Part of me is in denial to even write this as I really would like to keep this a secret so there would always be availability for when I want to return! And I WILL return!
Memo is a wonderful host and Mi Casa was a perfect fit for me. I was a solo traveler this trip so was looking for something where I could be comfortable with my surroundings with out staying in a generic hotel type room. I preferred to be close to everything and Mi Casa was perfect for me. If I wanted to venture farther it was a $4-$8 taxi away. Having been to Cozumel several times I did have it in my plans to alot of the tourist type travel of the Island but did want to enjoy the beautiful quaintness of the island and people. Mi Casa was a PERFECT choice. It is VERY walkable to town and 1 block from the mainstreet that runs along the shoreline. It was pleasant to chat with other guest at breakfast and though I did not make use of the garden and pool area I did check them out and it is a peaceful lovely area.
I also enjoyed my private balcony......listening to the sounds of Cozumel. The roosters in the morning...the music from town square....the Gecko's looking for a mate.
Loved my stay and can not wait to return....see you in December my friend!!

Room Tip: I stayed in the Naraja (orange) room.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank coopergr
Toronto
Reviewed May 6, 2014

Mi Casa is a unique, tasteful and well-located gem in San Miguel de Cozumel. It is clean, well-appointed and charming. Even during the booking process, Memo was very helpful in getting my feet on the ground and was an excellent host once I arrived. The room and building were clean and had the feel of a home. I stayed for 10 days in the Zapote suite, the top 1½ floors, which has excellent views and all the appointments one would expect (or even like to have!) at home, including bedside clock radio, stereo, satellite TVs, a plunge pool, a huge outdoor bathtub, glass-wall shower and balconies all around. Irma kept the rooms in pristine condition and served tasty breakfasts each morning. Tremendous value.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank JD-Moon
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed May 4, 2014

I had the pleasure of staying here for 3 weeks in April. The owner (Memo) runs an exquisite place. Gardens and hotel rooms are extremely well kept. Rooms are large, have double beds and my room was cleaned daily. My towels were replaced daily too.

Breakfast here is wonderful and was served daily in a quaint courtyard. It made the perfect start to the day. Fresh fruit, traditional flower or corn tortillas and eggs or some other treat; all finished off with some sweet bread and coffee. Perfect!

Perfect for those who want a short visit or extended stay. Its only a few minutes from the town (approximately a 10 minute leisurely stroll). The short walk to town was peppered with great restaurants.

The owner, Memo, makes you feel you are truly at home. He went out of his way to accommodate me. While I was there he called taxi's, prepared a spare room for a friend of mine who visited, recommended local restaurants etc. One night he had his mother prepare a special dinner. A culinary delight. If this happens for you make sure you partake as the food is some of the best I've ever enjoyed.

I found it very reasonable, safe and convenient.
I'll definitely stay here on my next visit to Cozumel. It will be like visiting a friend! :)

Room Tip: Not all rooms have A/C, so ask for this if you desire it. That being said the airflow through the r...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
2 Thank Kyran
Belize City, Belize
Reviewed May 2, 2014

Mi Casa en Cozumel is a rare treat indeed. in the busy hub hub of Cozumel, we found the perfect getaway. As written before, it has all the advantages - it's close to the center, pier and nightlife, it's in a quiet and safe neighborhood, and lots of good restaurants are very close by. But those are just the earthly amenities - the real value is in the perfect relaxed mood that engulfs you as you enter the front gate.
already from street level you notice the unique and enchanting architecture; once you passed the gate, it's like entering a huge and very comfortable conch shell. The aesthetic touch of good taste and real talent are everywhere, and the place looks and feels a lot more spacious than it's physical size.
we stayed for a week in the 'Mango' room, a mini suite on the ground level. there is a well equipped kitchenette, a private little patio perfect with a hammock and a tree and a spacious bedroom - all decorated in an elegant style both traditional and modern. it feels as if the owner designed and decorated the rooms as if they were rooms in his private home, and that is the biggest compliment i could give a guest house ('hotel' is too impersonal for such a place), i think.
Memo, the owner has quickly become a friend and is a very intelligent, helpful and accommodating person. The household is run efficiently and quietly by Irma, who also prepares the tasty breakfast.
Mi casa en Cozumel is one of those places that make a stay uniquely memorable, and leaving much more difficult.
we are a couple who manage a 5 star private island resort in Belize, so we are attentive to all the details that make for a truly great guest experience - and mi casa en Cozumel has them all and more. everything is 5 stars, except the price. thanks for a great stay and we will be back.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank TomerAqua
MemoLopezMX, Owner at Mi Casa en Cozumel, responded to this review, May 5, 2014
Dear Tomer and Hadas, I am thrilled to know how much you enjoyed your stay with us, and specially feel very proud to receive a great review from the manager of another small caribbean hotel that understands all the effort we put to please our guests. I really enjoyed having both you as our guests and would like you to come and stay with us again when possible. Your review is a great compliment for us. Warm regards, Memo Lopez