“Best choice for Cozumel”
Review of Coral Reef Inn

and 1 more site!
Coral Reef Inn
Ranked #6 of 25 Cozumel B&B and Inns
kelowna
“Best choice for Cozumel”
Reviewed March 11, 2009

Coral Reef is a the best choice, good location, it is very very clean, rooms are big, nice decor, great showers, the best was evenings spent on roof top patio/kitchen, Leona & Jerry, were the best, friendly, helpful, set us up with drive company and we got our certification, will definitely go back, again and again, pleased beyond our wildest dreams-highly recommend -
Bonnie & Terry from Kelowna

• Stayed February 2009, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
Vermont
Reviewed March 3, 2009

We just got back from a week's stay at the Coral Reef Inn. We were very pleased with our stay. The rooms are clean, fresh, and new. The atmosphere is tranquil, and the third floor community kitchen and sitting area is delightful. We met several other people who were also diving, and made some nice connections. The best part of the stay was meeting Jerry and Leona , who were perfect hosts. We highly recommend the Coral Reef Inn to any travelers, and especially divers.

• Stayed February 2009, traveled as a couple
Sparks, Nevada
Reviewed February 16, 2009

My brother booked a to week stay at The Coral Reef Inn and upgraded the room for the four nights I was able to come down to play.

The Inn is an incredible place to stay. The ambiance is incredible and the set up is perfect. It was a nice quiet place, great guests with fantastic hosts ( Thanks Jerry & Leona). As a frequent traveler to the Caribbean and Central America this was by far the best place to stay, I have been in. The kitchen area was set up perfect, the rooms clean and comfortable. The entire stay was perfect and the way the Inn operates, it guarentees many returns. Oh and the diving was primo.

• Liked — Eat in abilities and kitchen area seating and set up
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed February 2009, traveled solo
Massachusetts
Reviewed February 2, 2009

This is actually my third stay at the Coral Reef so that should say something in itself. Leona and Jerry have done such a great job with this place. The inn is immaculate as are the rooms. I have stayed in rooms 3 and 4 and both have large showers, great AC, small fridge and cable TV. The top floor has a thatched roof and a full working kitchen as you would at home (stove, microwave, coffee maker and even a gas grill). Divers take note, there is a large wash tank and area to hang gear to dry. There is a front gate that locks so you don't have to worry about security. The supermarket is a 5 min walk down the street and has anything you need there. The local mom and pop eateries are also less than 10 min walk from the inn. Leona and Jerry are also a wealth of information if it's your first time in Coz. I could go on with even more but I think you get the point. I'll be back again in November.

Mark W from Massachusetts

• Stayed January 2009, traveled solo
Minneapolis, MN
Reviewed January 25, 2009

I just returned from a week long stay at the Coral Reef Inn. After reading all the reviews I thought it might be too good to be true, but the Inn lives up to all the wonderful reviews! Jerry and Leona are amazing and helped us with anything and everything we had questions with: renting a car, where to get scuba certified, good restaurants, which ruin sites to visit. The Inn itself is quaint, with an amazing roof top terrace to cook, hang out, or tan on. The rooms were comfortable, with a big bathroom and its own refridgerator. The location is great too, close enough to walk to downtown everyday, but far enough away from all the touristy things that we were able to get a taste of local culture. We had a great experience there and will return next time we visit the island!

• Liked — Personal service, location, price, amenities
  • Disliked — uncomfortable bed, no pool
  • Stayed January 2009, traveled as a couple
Boston
Reviewed January 15, 2009

My wife and I recently stayed with Leona and Jerry at the Coral Reef Inn on Cozumel and had an absolutely terrific experience. Coral Reef is a Cozumel gem and you can’t pick a better spot if you’re looking for a relaxing get away.

The Inn is just a short walk from Cozumel’s main dining and shopping district and a close drive to all the best beaches on the island. Leona and Jerry live downstairs and are available to recommend the best beach, snorkel, and dive spots. They made several lovely restaurant recommendations as well. Although it’s not necessary to bring a vehicle, we brought our car and were able to park right outside the inn on the street with ease. Taxis and bicycles are another easy way to get around the island and Leona and Jerry have bicycles for their guests should you request one.

Coral Reef Inn rooms are delightful with soft lighting, large open showers, cable television, comfortable beds and remote-controlled A/C. Tastefully decorated, immaculately clean, and comfortably furnished, Leona and Jerry have thought of everything: guide books and beach reads in the library on the second floor, menus of local restaurants nearby available for your perusal, a fully stocked open-air kitchen with palapa roof on the top floor, and lounge chairs for reading and relaxing on the roof.

The Inn has only a few rooms and, despite several being occupied, it felt a little like we had the Inn to ourselves. Coral Reef is within walking distance of two large and reasonably priced grocery stores. We enjoyed picking up fresh fruit and breakfast items and sitting on the roof each morning. We found the neighborhood to be very safe and were comfortable walking around even late at night.

Although we’re not divers, Jerry is and he can link you in with the island’s dive community. The roof palapa even had a place to hang and dry your wetsuit.

A few tips: For a great beach club experience, go to Paradise Beach. For the best coffee on the island, walk to nearby Rock n’ Java. Our favorite restaurants included La Choza for delicious Yucatecan cuisine, Guidos for Italian fare and, the local favorite, El Moro. Also check out the evening festivities in the town-square where locals gather each night to socialize, dance, and enjoy music.

We deliberated long and hard about where to stay on the island and after much research settled on Coral Reef Inn. It was a great decision and we can’t recommend this charming inn enough. We’re certain you’ll enjoy it as much as we did!

• Stayed January 2009, traveled as a couple
Montreal
Reviewed January 11, 2009

When I first saw the review on Tripadvisor for this hotel I was feeling they were too good to be true. I thought they had someone at the hotel part time writing them on... In the first five minutes I stayed there, the owner proved me wrong and showed me why they had so many great reviews.
I spend a week in this small 5-rooms hotel from december 27 to january 3 2009. For my personal purpose, a solo diving trip, it was a fabulous hotel. The owner of the hotel were very nice to me, giving me lift to the diving place the first day and to the ferry the last day, lending me tools for repairing my luggage and offering me help in various things that were not really of their attribute. The room is large, weel equipped and with a large bath room.
It is not a party hotel but a very calm one with a full kitchen, very nice public space for sun bathing, cleaning diving equipment installation.
I will definitively think about this hotel if I go back to Cozumel, either by myself, with my girlfriend or with a bunch of friends that, like me, want a quiet confortable place.

• Liked — Friendly owners
  • Disliked — It could have been closer (10 minutes walk from diving center)
  • Stayed December 2008, traveled solo