“Coral Reef Inn, Mardi Gras, Fun and Friendships Renewed”
Review of Coral Reef Inn

and 1 more site!
Coral Reef Inn
Ranked #6 of 25 Cozumel B&B and Inns
Simcoe Ontario
“Coral Reef Inn, Mardi Gras, Fun and Friendships Renewed”
Reviewed February 19, 2013

Great Time In Cozumel at the Coral Reef Inn.. It was the Perfect Stay, there were returning guests I had previously met on earlier trips, Mardi Gras Carnivale was on and had great weather for starters..... Best Home away from Home I have ever stayed at as it is Clean and Comfortable and Close to Everything.. Did I say Nicely Equipped !!! Can't Wait For Next Years Trip and Another Great Stay at the Coral Reef Inn. Jerry and Leona always make it A Great Place to Stay with lots of Information and Tips In and Around the Island etc from Dining to Tours Etc... You Just ask them !!! as they are Always Available to Make Our Stay more Enjoyable...
Thanks For another Enjoyable Holiday !

Room Tip: I prefer the 2nd Florr Rooms are they are closer to the Roof Top with the Great View...And Great Dri...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Reviewed January 30, 2013

My girlfriend and I stayed here for 4 days to do some diving at the beginning of our 2 week vacation in Rivera Maya. We booked online and went with one of the dive packages they offered on their site. Our room was perfect, AC worked great when you needed it, bathrooms are spacious and thoughtfully designed, with lots of counter space. The rooms as well as the rest of the inn were very clean. Patios on every floor so you can hang out on your own or with a group, hammocks and reclining chairs, a fully equipped kitchen and dining area, this place has it all if you're the type that's more in to doing it your way than perusing a buffet. We were actually able to make some decent meals while we were here. Our hosts were super friendly, laid back, and wanted to make sure our stay at the inn and on the island were as best as it could be. I think the value both on its own or with a dive package were unbeatable. The location within Cozumel was also awesome. 10 minute walk to the dive pier and supermarkets, 15 minutes to the touristy part, and less than 5 minutes to where the locals like to eat and drink. My girlfriend and I explored all around at night, ate where the locals ate, drank where they drank, and felt very safe. And out of all the places we stayed during our 2 week trip between the Coral Reef Inn, a vacation rental in Tulum, and a resort in Playacar, we had the best stay here!

Room Tip: We stayed in the room on the main floor, had a little patio and garden outside our room, and lots of...
Osoyoos, British Columbia, Canada
Reviewed January 12, 2013

Jerry and Leona made us feel very at home and were extremely helpful with tips on where to go and attractions on the Island.
Our room was spotless and had air conditioning, large shower, bar fridge and cable TV with some English speaking channels.
The shared rooftop kitchen is very well appointed and kept clean on a daily basis.

Room Tip: All rooms in this little Inn would be good choices. The Inn is just blocks from town. Tip: You ne...
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed January 4, 2013

We are really happy we found this place on our trip to Cozumel. The room was nice and clean, and it was great to have such a spacious bathroom in the room. Any review of Coral Reef Inn wouldn't be complete without talking about the great shared kitchen they have. Everything you could possibly want from pots and pans to Tupperware is available in the kitchen. There is also an abundance of items like spices and condiments that can be used by guests. There is even a grill. This kitchen helped me and my girlfriend save loads of money by not eating out. A few other nice perks about this place was their relationship with the largest dive shop on the island (we got a discount), the area to wash off and hang dry dive gear, and the area to lounge around in hammocks. The location was close to a grocery store and movie theatre and a few minute walk to restaurants and bars. Looking forward to staying here again when I'm back in Cozumel. Last but not least, our hosts Jerry and Leona were the best!

Lincoln, New Hampshire
Reviewed November 25, 2012

I just got back from a 9 night stay at the inn with Jerry & Leona, my third visit to the island in the past year. Super clean, good for solo travelers, couples and small dive groups looking to stay just off the beaten path only a short walk to all amenities, shopping and 10 min walk to the dive pier at The Barracuda. This Inn is quiet, quiet, very clean with a great roof top Lanai and kitchen with common utensils fully equipped for preparing all meals. The largest grocery stores complete with in-house bakeries, fresh seafood and meats, prepared fresh foods and salads are 3 blocks from the Inn. There are a lot of small mom and pop eateries/tacoretas within walking distance of the Inn also, these should not be passed up, don't be turned away by first impressions.
The Inn has great internet, cable TV, A/C, full size refrigerators in every room, common guest areas for lounging and cooking and two very friendly Pyrenees Sheppard's just waiting to greet you if you have left your four footed friend at home.
I was on a solo dive trip and booked all of my diving with Dive Paradise as i have done in the past. I have over 500 logged dives with dive operators over the globe. Bottom line is that these guys do a GREAT job, well educated dive masters, very familiar with the Palancar Reef, its numerous sites ans dive conditions.
I look forward to my next trip to the island and will be staying at the inn again. If you are looking for a quiet, friendly place this is the one.......Leona and Jerry will take good care of you.

Room Tip: All rooms are large with good light and A/C, great bathrooms.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Alberta
Reviewed October 25, 2012

My girlfriend and I just returned from our 2nd visit to Cozumel and the Coral Reef Inn. It was just as we remembered it, quiet, clean and friendly. We were just there for a few days to relax and enjoy some sunshine. It was 4 years ago that we last visited and the place still looks like new. Great A/C, guest kitchen and plenty of suggestions from the owners as far as restaurants and snorkel beaches. Hopefully it won't take another 4 years for us to go again.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
East Galesburg, Illinois
Reviewed September 25, 2012

...having just completed another wonderful visit at the Coral Reef Inn, I thought it worthwhile to write another review! The Inn is awesome, starting with the caretakers, Leona & Jerry, who are always there to answer a multitude of questions or to just visit with! The kitchen is open to the outdoors and is my favorite place to hang out. Located on the top floor, overlooking the Corpus Christie Church & the park. I used it mainly for smoothies for breakfast or frying up some fish filets purchased from one of the two grocery stores, only a few blocks away! This last trip was a bit out of character for me as the main reason for the trip was to get some much needed dental care. Having asked Jerry/Leona for a reference, to guide me in the right direction for the dental work needed, they recommended a totally sweetheart of a dentist by the name of Dra. Alejandra Novoa Carus. Initially, I was a bit worried. This womans freindly, but very professional demeanor had me feeling relaxed in no time! ..another plus, outside of the cost savings, was that she was located fairly close to the Coral Reef Inn. In the area where I live in the states, $50.00 tooth extractions & $200.00 root canals are not offered anymore. ... so I have improvised & so far all has been good! I can't wait to visit Cozumel again, lol, especially since Jerry was kind enough to store all of my dive gear! ...saving my lugging it back to the states! Next trip, I plan on getting some diving in!! ..and then the dental work.

Room Tip: the rooms on the 2nd & 3rd floors have better internet reception..
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple