“Great personalized dives: Averaging 60-70 min. on Al80s!”

Cozumel Scuba Diving with Alison
Reviewed August 30, 2012

In my many years of diving experience, Alison is the best divemaster I have ever known. Her focus of safety AND personalized diving is unparalleled. She is a sole operator (one fast boat with max. 8 divers). It is a bit cramped with more than 6 divers, but she and her captain Carlos handle the divers efficiently, courteously, and with consideration for differing dive skills. If you are picky about your dive sites and want to go deep, make sure to schedule those dives when she has a boat full of experienced divers. She is a dive instructor and takes out students and beginners. However, this NEVER detracted from my dive experience due to the way she manages her divers. She surfaces with each buddy group/pair as air supplies dictate, then resumes her dive with the remaining divers. As the title says, I have 60-75 minute dives, usually with max. depths of 60-70 feet. I highly recommend you consider diving with Alison. She is also very responsive to email and completely fluent in Spanish. She also provides plenty of water and soda as well as a light snack between dives. Surface intervals were always > 1 hr. and based on the last divers out.

Reviewed August 6, 2012

My wife and I just returned from two weeks in Cozumel. We have been to Cozumel about 10 times and have always used Alison Denis as our dive operation. On this trip we enjoyed 8 days of diving with Alison. Alison and Carlos are very careful to ensure that everyone enjoys a safe morning and/or afternoon of scuba diving. Alison works very closely with new divers while allowing experienced divers the freedom and latitude to dive their own profiles under her watchful care.

The Maximus is a very well equipped boat that should conveniently accommodate about a dozen divers even though I have never experienced more than eight. During this stay we had as few as two and as many as seven divers on the boat. They carefully check and set up your diving equipment for every dive. Alison will quickly spoil you. She truly provides a superior level of service for Cozumel or any other dive destination in the Caribbean. If you are diving in Cozumel, dive with Alison. You'll be glad you did!

1  Thank RichinHouston
Reviewed July 18, 2012

We just dove 4 days with Alison. The largest group is 8, but was smaller for 3 days. Alison adjusted her attention to make sure that newer dives got extra TLC, and more experienced divers didn't miss a minute of bottom time. She knows the reefs, and adjusted mid dive to changing conditions. (currents were unusually wicked at times.) She worked VERY hard to keep everyone safe, comfortable, and happy.

She managed a bunch of little equipment issues, schedule issues, bladder issues, and experience issues, and if you weren't paying attention would not have noticed at all, just took everything in stride.

Boat is FAST. We were passing most of the morning traffic. Surface intervals were usually spent at a pier increasing comfort. This all means more time relaxing and diving, and less time in transit. this also allowed for restroom breaks, leisurely swims, and strolls during interval.

Carlos (captain) also great. Helpful, funny, and helps Alison make sure your gear is always ready to go. Part of good dive operation is knowing that boat operations are as safe and convenient as the diving. Carlos has been doing this for 20 years, and it shows.

Had to laugh at negative review by diver asked not to come back the next day! In my estimation, the fact that she would give someone who is obnoxious/unsafe/unreasonable, or whatever the issue was, the boot earns her a 6th star in my book. A dive is not safe or fun with a really bad diver aboard, and I love that she would lose a paying reservation for the good of all. I would have cheered if I dove that week and she did that for my sake!

Look forward to coming back someday. As long as Alison is still diving, will skip TripAdvisor in selecting Divemaster next time. I'm all the way sold on Alison!

Reviewed July 17, 2012

Alison is a most experienced and safety driven diver. She knows Cozumel dive sites expertly, and cares for her customers as if they were family. Nothing is left to chance with Alison. As if this weren't enough reason to use Alison, her diving business is very reasonably priced and her assistants are also great. If you want to dive in Cozumel, look no further than ScubawithAlison.com
Paul4ejjr

1  Thank Paul4ejjr
Reviewed July 10, 2012

I made four dive days (8 dives) with Alison on July 2012. I booked the dives via e-mail and Alison was always responding quickly and she gave me good recommendations for hotel (as this was my first trip to Cozumel, Mexico) and as I have had problems with ear infections with my earlier dives in Indonesia and Thailand she had good advices for ear drops, etc. how to prevent the ear problems after diving in the future...

Diving with "Scuba with Alison" was great experience. I was usually one of first persons to be low of air as we had lot of very experienced divers in the boat during the trip and Alison guided me to safety stop in very professional way and continued diving with others. I felt very safe diving with her and I really enjoyed Cozumel as diving destination; one deeper dive as I wanted to get some experience (29 meters/94 feet) e.g. beautiful Palancar coral reefs, turtles, morays, nurse sharks, C-53 Felipe Xicoténcatl ship wreck. I had very fun time with Alison and Carlos (Captain) and other divers during the trip... The only negative thing in the trip was that I got so bad "diving fever" after great diving experiences so it feels difficult to be back in normal day job now.. I would still like to scuba one more week :)