“Super beach club! Great for families”
Review of Paradise Beach

and up
Coba Ruins, Cho Ha Cenote, Tulum and Paradise Beach Day Trip
Ranked #10 of 160 things to do in Cozumel
More attraction details
Owner description: Whether you want to relax in the shade or have fun in the sun, you've come to the right place! There's plenty here to please everyone! Gorgeous beach AND huge, new Vegas-style fresh/heated pool! Fantastic food, drinks, service and amenities. $3 for a lounge chair, $10 food or drink minimum. For the energetic, try the $18 Fun Pass. Lots of extras also available! Come, experience Paradise for yourselves!
Reviewed January 9, 2013

We visited Paradise Beach on Jan 4, 2013. Our party consisted of 11: four adults, two teens, and the rest elementary school kids. We got there about 10am and I would recommend going early, the earlier the better if you want chairs on the front row of the beach. There are a ton of chairs on the beach and by the big pool. We got a row of five chairs under palm trees on the beach, but one of us had to sit at the pool and watch the little ones when they were in the pool. The cost was $2 per person to use their "amenities" - the pool, restrooms, showers, chairs. We also bought the fun passes for the older kids for use of the water toys and kayaks. I would NOT recommend the water toys for little kids unless you plan on being in there with them. I was a nervous wreck when my 9 year old was out there as there are no life guards and the day we went there were 8 boats in port and the water toys had TONS of kids on them, with no-one regulating who could slide when or where they could jump off. I just felt that was an accident waiting to happen - I actually asked him not to play out there because I was so afraid someone would jump on him as he was swimming by. But, my 13 and 15 year-olds had a blast out there and are a bit wiser about watching all ways for people. Not to discourage anyone from going - we will definitely go back if/when we return to Cozumel - just use common sense! The fun pass is $12 per person. We had two fabulous waiters that brought us food and drink the whole time we were there. The cab ride was easy to get and took us directly to Paradise Beach, and there were plenty of cabs there when we wanted to leave. The cab driver tried to talk us in to going to Mr.Sanchez and had a sheet on it with him - said it was a "better deal" because it was all inclusive, but we stuck with the original plan to go to Paradise Beach and boy are we glad. We had two buckets of beer, sodas and water for the kids, pizza, 2 orders of nachos, chips and salsa, and one of our kids got a drink in a coconut!... and our tab was only $86. The food was great and the beer cold, delivered with limes too! Had we gone to Mr. Sanchez the all inclusive would have cost us $250 for our family of 7 ($50 for adults, $30 for kids). The restrooms and pool were sparkling clean (there is a lady in the bathroom mopping constantly so there are no slippery or dirty floors.) Highly, highly recommend it! Like I said, we'll be back!

7  Thank LTrainer77
Write a ReviewReviews (2,980)
All reviews
in 39 reviews
"plenty of chairs"
in 38 reviews

Reviewed January 9, 2013

I was in port 11am-8pm aboard the Carnival Paradise on December 27. At the port, the guys organizing taxis were really organized and there was never a shortage of cars. There is a board with flat rate prices listed. It was $14 one way for 1-4 people to Paradise. At paradise, I paid $2 for use of the lounge chairs. I was not required to buy food or drinks. Use of the water toys is extra. There were 5 ships in port that day, yet Paradise was quiet and relaxing. The music was never to loud, just nice background noise. There were plenty of chairs. The staff was prompt and always nearby. I ordered nachos and Pepsi for lunch and it was good. You can eat in the dining area or have them bring it to your lounger. I was never hassled to buy anything or do any activities, but there was stuff like parasailing, banana boats, henna tattoos, hair braiding, etc. The beach itself was clean and well groomed. I didn’t go in the water so can’t comment if the water was clean or rocky. I didn’t hang out at the pool, but it also looked well cared for. There were lockers, showers, change rooms, etc., and it all looked very clean. I would definitely go back.

3  Thank NurseBackpacker
Reviewed January 8, 2013

My kids love going to the various beach clubs in Cozumel but their favorite is Paradise Beach. They love climbing the iceberg and riding the rocket float. The service it attentive and they have recently upgraded the pool area with new walkways and freshly planted grass. The bathrooms are kept clean.
The food is your typical beach club fare: guacamole, nachos, etc. but that is one reason we go there: to lay out on the gorgeous beach with an umbrella over us, watch the kids play in the blue ocean, and eat! Paradis it is!

1  Thank FoodEmpress
Reviewed January 7, 2013

This was our second time to Paradise Beach and it was again a hit with the family. We took our children and grandchildren (teenagers) for a relaxing day away from the ship. The beach was quiet, water was warm, and the beverages and nachos were tasty. All in all...one of our favorite relaxing spots from the week. Kids had a great time on the ocean toys....however caution...one teenager (not ours) fell off the rock climbing pyramid and had to be taken by jet ski for treatment. He was seen on the ship wearing a sling all week. Our kids decided to stick to the slides, trampolene, and snorkeling after that.

2  Thank Cindy B