“Coming "home" is such a treat!”
Review of Playa Chen Rio

Playa Chen Rio
Ranked #14 of 160 things to do in Cozumel
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Reviewed March 30, 2014

More than fifteen years ago, we enjoyed lunch at Playa Chen Rio and were served by our waiter, Angel. At that time, we gave him one of our business cards. This past week, we arrived with friends at Playa Chen Rio for lunch. We asked if Angel was working and was told yes. The host called for him to come out and when he did, he called us by our names and then was proud to open his wallet and show that he still had our business card with him. What an honor and a treat for us. It IS all about relationships.
Fabulous meal - freshly caught and prepared fish, with lobster tails, fish filets, conch ceviche, and yes, of course, Margaritas served in huge goblets.
Will we return??? Absolutely!!! Can't wait

Reviewed March 15, 2014

The seafood was pretty good, but I thought it was overpriced for what you got ($18 for a couple of fish tacos) & they didn't have a very large selection. I'm a thin person, but I was pretty hungry by the time I got there & hoping for a big, filling meal. Was a bit disappointed, but not enough to pay another $10-$15 for a supplementary dish, just for me. The service wasn't great. The beach looks nice enough. I sat outside at the plastic chairs and tables they have, right on the sand. The parking lot was practically full -- I ended up parking in a spot reserved for the restaurant next door & hoping it wouldn't be a problem. I came here on the recommendation of a guidebook, but probably would try one of the other nearby restaurants next time.

Reviewed March 15, 2014

Beautiful view, nice beach with stunning rock formations in the back. Lots of clean white sand, cove does gather seaweed. Staff was working to clear it in the beach but there were areas it had gathered. They had volleyball nets, nice beach lounge chairs, everything needed for a great day in the sun!

Food was extremely pricey! Especially since it was serves with cheap plastic forks and paper napkins. Very basic preparation - we ordered the grilled do shrimp and the conk - both very bland. You could tell they were trying to make the portions appear larger - they butterflied the shrimp but they were so small that they almost cooked away on the grill.

They do not take credit cards so make sure you have cash.

I would go back for the drinks and the view!

Reviewed March 14, 2014

On the other side of the island from all the activity, this is a nice little beach with a good place to swim in the Caribbean. Good little restaurant there as well----extremely casual. It makes a good stop when circling the island. Beautiful, of course.

Reviewed March 6, 2014

Went there on our recent trip to Cozumel and felt we were ripped off on our bill There was no way we spent that much money for 4 beers and a plate of conch. Our waiter even asked for his tip. What a turn off.Won't tell people to go there ,to bad used to be a nice place.

1  Thank 241SueB