“not as nice as it used to be...” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of Punta Morena

Punta Morena
Ranked #47 of 158 things to do in Cozumel
More attraction details
Owner description: Punta Morena is a calm and quiet beach in the east side of the island farder away from the main cruise beaches,in our stablishment we have many ammenities such as: a seefood and mayan cousin restaurant, coktel drinks in the bar, massages, 3 pools (2 for children 1 for adults) big chairs on the beach, hammocks, a natural pool made between the rocks in the ocean (so its safe from big waves)and one of the best panoramic views to the caribbean ocean.
Luquillo, Puerto Rico
34 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 149 helpful votes
“not as nice as it used to be...”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 9, 2012

Not sure if the reviews here are from people that are not familiar with what this place used to be like but I would say that it was a major disappointment. The whole place seemed to have undergone a major renovation since my last visit 3yrs ago. The only thing I like about it now are the hammocks, other than that it seems that it went from a quaint beach club on the east side, to a tourist trap on the east side. The food is WAY overpriced and not nearly as good as it used to be. The service is nowhere near what it used to be. The club is now crawling with loud children because of the expansion of the swimming pool and waiters only seem to give you any attention if you’re buying overpriced drinks. A thumbs down from me.

Visited March 2012

McDonough, Georgia
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 20 helpful votes
“My Fav. place in Cozumel...this place has it all!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 13, 2012

Where do I begin...if you like...Great Food, Pool with Chairs in the water, Hammocks, being on the beach, good adult beverages, friendly & attentive service ...all in one at one place, then this is the place to be. My husband & I literally spend hours here when we visit Cozumel, which is quite often. I can not say enough about this place. It is MY FAVORITE place in Cozumel. Would not think of visiting Cozumel without going here.

Visited March 2012
Cancun, Mexico
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Just what I expected from a day in the paradise”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 25, 2012

As we stepped into the Restaurant, we were amazed by its view...Its right on the beach, beautiful caribbean sea and forget the crowded beaches. There´s practically NOTHING but nature around you- We went there because someone told us they had really nice seafood, which was true, and ended up staying the whole afternoon! We played volley ball, snorkeled and scouted some natural sea pools. A whole day activity for the price of a meal...It was quite a DEAL

Visited October 2011
1 Thank ana m
Chetumal, Mexico
“WONDERFUL - OASIS”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 19, 2012

If you are visiting cozumel this place is a must!!! everything from the amazing traditional mexican food with tons of flavour to the wonderful staff that waited on us hand and foot. this place is filled with vibrant colours and wonderful music that make it a perfect beach atmosphere. this place is great for families, couples and even singles. after a long day of drinks and laughs when i thought this day could not get any better i was offered a massage at a spectacular rate. this really did complete my day and my wonderful experience on the beautiful island of cozumel. i would recommend this place over and over.

Visited January 2012
south
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Know I know what Jimmy Buffett sings about!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 6, 2011

Absolutely Beautiful! The restaurant was a little high, but so what! The food was delish and the margarita was great! Just gaze out the window! We rented mask and snorkel for $5.00. Great stop..highly recommend! We went with Go Jeep and Tequilla tour. Forget about the farm and head for the beach.

Visited October 2011