“The Best Dive Shop in Cozumel”

Aqua Safari Dive Shop
Arizona
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 34 helpful votes
“The Best Dive Shop in Cozumel”
Reviewed January 30, 2011

This was our 4th diving trip to Cozumel since 1994. We have SCUBA dived and snorkeled many locations around the world and so far Cozumel has the best SCUBA diving we have found and is such a bargain. We have used Aqua Safari three of those four times. They are simply the best dive shop on the island: nice gear, good boats, great office staff and excellent dive masters. You can count on consistent quality and safety from the Aqua Safari Dive Shop. I believe they are the only dive shop in Cozumel that has their own pier right in front of the dive shop which is so convenient. I am a PADI Dive Master and I appreciate the extra steps Aqua Safari takes to ensure every diver has a safe and enjoyable dive vacation. When our one year old granddaughter Sophia was not feeling well, they asked everyday about how she was feeling. They also worked with us when we needed to rearrange our dive schedule to take her to the doctor. They have a nice motel right above the dive shop that is perfect for SCUBA divers and their family members.

Visited January 2011

Albuquerque, New Mexico
“Great Shop, Great People, Great Diving!”
Reviewed January 19, 2011

Aqua Safari has a great operation staffed with knowledgeable and friendly folks who make sure everything goes well. Did 11 dives with them over 4 days and all of them were excellent. Highly recommend them for diving in Cozumel.

toronto, ontario
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Great time, excellent service”
Reviewed January 12, 2011

My boyfriend and I got certified with Aqua Safari. The staff were friendly, helpful and accomodating. Our dive master was Pedro, the self-proclaimed best dive master... and he was great! He made sure that throughout our certifcation that safety was our number one priority.

After our certification we did a one tank afternoon dive to Paradise Island. As I was newly certified, I was very nervous on my first dive, but my dive master was aware and did not leave my side for the entire time. I was very grateful that he was looking out for me, especially because I was very nervous, but he made sure that I was always safe. I had a great time that I even went to Paradise Island again the next day. And on the next day, we saw the same divers that we had dived with the day before! Shows how great the service is, when you get repeat customers.

I would definitely recommend this place,!

Lake Norman, North Carolina
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 92 helpful votes
“20 Dives Accomplished”
Reviewed January 9, 2011

This diving shop is really top notch and very safety conscious. I spent two weeks and had two dives each day (harbor was closed two days due to high winds). The boats are excellent. The first dive (deeper) was usually about 50-60 minutes by boat. This gave us time to get to know other dives, the crew, etc. We dove Palancar, Columbia, Paradise Reef, Yucab, and others. All were beautiful with abundant marine life. My favorite is the Santa Rosa wall with the swim throughs that lead into what looks like the big blue abbess. I do love the drift diving. We were served soft drinks and lucious fruit on our surface intervals before heading to the shallower dive. There were no bad dives. A couple of times there were some inexperienced folks along who were all swinging arms and flapping fins. That was the only thing to complain about, but we all have to learn.
Thanks to all the dive masters (Jouquin, Miguel, Ricardo, and my favorite, Chino) as well as the mates, boat captain, etc. If not for such a great crew, the diving would not have been as great. I am pretty small, so once the crew knew I liked the tanks near the diving platform, that is where they put my gear each day.
Thanks to all and hope to dive with Aqua Safari again.

Vancouver, Canada
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 39 helpful votes
“Very friendly and accomodating dive shop”
Reviewed December 31, 2010

The dive instructors, dive master and Donna are all amazing. I did my open water dives with Aqua Safari and Ricardo was awesome, explaining everything over and over until we understood. Then I did 2 days of morning and afternoon dives and had a great time. Yes the morning boat ride is somewhat long but its a nice ride so take a book and enjoy it. Saw a turtle, rays and eels as well as various fish.Chino as great and gave me some great pointers on how to deal with my constant reverse blocks. Donna at the front desk was awesome. I lost 1 day diving due to bad weather and we rescheduled for another day but I later realized that I cannot do the last day of diving. Donna asked me to come to the shop in the afternoon. When I did she had my full refund including marine fees and rental ready and had no objections to the refund. Very happy with them.