“Manager ( Antonio ) troubles the shop”

Aqua Safari Dive Shop
Reviewed March 23, 2014

We have dove this shop for years and have made all these dm our personal friends. As in the past we made our reservations as we left for the following year only to find out that we had been cancelled to make room for Cozumel palace guests. They now over fill the boats or have 16/18 people on one 5/6 on others instead of splitting up .He has no respect for the dm masters that have been there for years with the best diving record on the island. These guys now work with a 2 month contract and a cut in pay. While we were there two young ladies sign up to get certified with just enough time to do so. Were told they would have to what till next day then when they showed up he had not scheduled it. He has the expert help of the original owner for over 30 years to heip guide ,but doesn't listen to him either. He has taken a fantastic dive operation an is running it in the round. It's not like he learns from his mistakes for he makes the same ones over and over , then blames them on the help. If planning a trip with them the DM' s and the rest are fantastic but expect screwups from the manager especially if your not staying there. I only wish I could tell everyone all the new problems he causing . The fun is there with the help but not like it was. I still love all my friends at. AS

3  Thank Bellamere
There are newer reviews for Aqua Safari Dive Shop

Reviewed March 13, 2014

We stayed at the Cozumel Palace in February and used (tried to use) our resort credits to dive with the onsite dive op - Aqua Safari. I did a refresher (could not use resort credits for it) and my instructor was great. An older gentleman that spoke good English (never did get his name). He put me through my skills as we did a shore dive right in front of the resort. My husband was allowed to tag along as he didn't need the refresher (his equipment rental was also not covered by the resort credits) My kids (18 & 21) did a discover scuba with Patricio. They had a really hard time understanding him & his mumbling. They spent maybe 15 minutes going over skills in the tank and the rest of the time listened to him explain about what was and wasn't considered 'inappropriate touching'. They were supposed to have a shore dive as part of the course (as explained by my instructor) but that didn't happen. We then went out to do a shallow afternoon dive at Paradise Reef. Paulo from the main dive op downtown was our dm and he was also great. There were 7 of us on the dive, he gave a detailed dive plan and we had a great introduction to drift diving in Coz. My kids went on the shallow dive with Patricio. Let me just say that it was not a discover scuba to padi safety standards. I could go on & on about why Patricio should not be an instructor but let me just say that if you get him as yours, demand someone else. They did have a photographer along so it was nice to have pictures of their first dive.
Of all of the serious divers we met at the resort that week, we did not find one that uses Aqua Safari.

1  Thank WanderLori
Reviewed February 10, 2014

The Aqua Safari team is a great bunch of guys. DM's are very experienced and knowledgeable. Boat crew is friendly and helpful. They picked us up right on the dock at the resort, very convenient. The only small complaint we would have is that the boats are old and slow so it takes at least an hour to get to the dive sites. We were often passed by other dive boats heading out. Made for a long day. I did hear a rumor that they were bought out by the Cozumel Palace and would be investing in newer boats soon but wasn't able to verify.

Reviewed February 2, 2014

The folks in the shop and on the boats were great. Very helpful and professional. A special thanks to Georgine for all her help. Also great to have a photographer on board. The pictures are reasonably priced and are really great. Thx--Cyzia.
Dive sites were great. DM showed us all sorts of stuff. Strongly recommend the night dives. We've never seen lobsters so big. Varied nightlife - octopus, eels, crabs. BEST NIGHT DIVES EVER!

1  Thank SharonC687
Reviewed February 1, 2014

Made a quick getaway (3 days) to Mexico for some relaxation and mas diving. Made two Nitro dives with Aqua. Convenient pick up at my hotel dock and on time! They have been around while and still offer a nice boat and good diving service. I rented everything with no problems. First dive was Palancar (good to see it coming back) and Yacab Reef. Recommend them highly.