“Great Experience”

8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“Great Experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 9, 2013

This was a great experience... I was in Cozumel from Dec 2 - 7 and had 4 days of 2-tank diving each day. The boats were larger than some of the other outfits and were covered - yes some boats actually had no cover from the sun at all! The crews were different each day but were always friendly, attentive, spoke English very well, and were always looking out for safety. With different dive locations each day, the diving was varied and exciting. There was always plenty of water and fresh fruit available and each boat had a restroom on board. The boats picked me up at the Hotel Cozumel dock each morning with no problems at all. I would thoroughly recommend this outfit.

Visited December 2013

Wichita, Kansas
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 23 helpful votes
“If you’ve ever been diving before in your life, don’t go here.”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 30, 2013

I, along with several other people, utilized resort credits from Cozumel Palace to dive here for one day instead of going with my usual operation (see Tres Pelicanos dive resort if you want a good one).

My experience was simply awful. They were very unpleasant, herded huge amounts of inexperienced divers onto gigantic boats that were super slow, and then only visited the most boring and shallow of dive sites before making me come up with over 1,000 lbs of air.

Even if you’re inexperienced and don’t know any better, I think the amount of people they take out is unsafe. It wreaks of a touristy moneymaker.

4 Thank Sage H
Hamilton, Bermuda
26 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 183 helpful votes
“Decent guides, but terrible staff and management otherwise”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 18, 2013

Overall, we would not use this operation again.

We dealt primarily with their staff at the Cozumel Palace, where we stayed (separate review for the resort), so their staff in the center of town may be better.

- After settling in a few minutes in our room, we went down to the dive shop which is conveniently located on the hotel premises. We told them we were staying for 9 nights and wanted to dive every day as we brought our own gear. Well, they printed out a voucher for the next day of diving. The dive itself was good and the guide fine as well. BUT as we returned to the hotel after our morning dives, one of the dive staff asked us if we wanted to dive again the next day, to which we replied yes. He said that was fine, and that's all he needed, and that we could go. Not to be. Not only did he say nothing about having to have a voucher for every morning, afternoon, and night dive, but when we arrived the next morning, we were not on the "list" and the boat was now full for the next day as well. This resulted in us having to pay over $400 to book with another dive shop (please see my review of the Aldora Dive Shop) and were not able to use our hotel credit
- This particular dive staff was consistently just plain incompetent...he couldn't calculate our marine park fees correctly, even when we showed him, he never apologized for our missed dives, and when he found anything else challenging, he always referred people to another staff member. My only harsh conclusion is that he must be related to the owners somehow. I know that's a bit mean, but that was our experience over 7 very consistent days dealing with the dive shop
- On top of that, on the day we arrived and were told there was no room on the boat, I asked if they could call another dive shop to see if we could still get to dive that morning...they absolutely refused. This was very telling of the type of service they provided and how little they cared about our dive trip. Based on that principle alone, I would never dive with them again nor recommend anyone to dive with them. Basically, once they fill the boat, screw anyone else.

1 Thank Carol8131111
Lincoln, Nebraska
45 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 59 helpful votes
“Great Crew!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 14, 2013

Class act all the way. We booked with Aqua Safari as we were able to utilize our Palace credits towards Scuba Diving. The boats held approximately 8 divers, tanks and crew. On average the ride to the deep reef was about an hour out. During the surface interval, we'd travel to the next area for our shallow dive and were served fresh fruit and always had an ample supply of water. All three boats we were on had restrooms; a nice surprise. The DM's (and boat crew) were great. While I was setting up my gear, Freddy actually heard a small air leak that I had not noticed. Thanks to Freddy's alertness we were able to make the needed changes and all was good on the dive. We spent all week diving with Roger, Miguel, and Paulo - these guys know the reef, are incredibly safety minded and very aware of the group and it's skill level. We had a couple of divers with some special needs and the DM's were able to assist and maintain a constant watch over the group and ensure each person was attended to accordingly. While on the boat, the DM's and crew direct the activities, regardless of pushy divers, we all dove in a safe manner and followed proper protocol. I will be back to dive Cozumel (hopefully in 6 months) and will definitely dive with Aqua Safari again.

East Moline, Illinois
“EXCELLENT SCUBA DIVE OPERATION”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 13, 2013

I have been diving with Aqua Safari for many years and everyone has always been very pleasant and helpful to work with. Recently, I again had a great experience working with Angel Reyes at the Palace Resorts store. Also, Donna Mena in reservations did a great job of scheduling to meet my diving needs Finally, my dive masters for the week - Mariano and Gustavo did a great and informative job leading leading our various dives for the week. Finally, a special thanks to dive master Gustavo for the extra assistance at various times. Also great to see the same staff
at Aqua Safari year after year.