“Wonderful as always!”
Review of Aldora Divers

Aldora Divers
More attraction details
Owner description: Cozumel diving /tour company.
Carrollton, Texas
39 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 75 helpful votes
“Wonderful as always!”
Reviewed August 10, 2013

This was our 5th time to dive with Aldora. We experienced, as on past trips, an easy and quick check-in, dive boats that leave on time, very friendly staff and managers and safe diving. This was our second time to have Ali as our dive master (per our request). Ali is a pro in every respect as well as friendly and fun! We are looking forward to diving with Aldora again in December.

Visited August 2013

Texas
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 34 helpful votes
“Great dive shop”
Reviewed August 8, 2013

One great dive shop! They use steel 120 cf tanks, dive your computer, bottom times ~ 60-80 min. Fast boats, small groups. Ally is the best!

1 Thank lthomas132
Austin, Texas, United States
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Aldora Divers”
Reviewed August 3, 2013

I've been diving over 30 years and have been to Cozumel at least a dozen times, however, it's been about 20 years since my last visit. My buddy and I chose Aldora on a friend's recommendation. They were absolutely first rate. We dove Maracaibo and Punta Sur, sites which are rarely visited by other operators since they're so far south. Our divemasters were Dario, Ricardo, Edgar, Ali and Adrianne over the 6 days we dove with them. The dives were really well organized, all the DMs took care to find and point out critters for us and lead us through some really amazing swim throughs. At the start of the dives, the DM scouted out the site to make sure that visibility was good and the currents, while strong, not ridiculous, although there were a couple of dives where the currents were ripping. But, this is Cozumel right? Our surface intervals were spent on Playa Palancar were we had lunch and socialized with the other divers.

On a last minute notice, Julian arranged a whale shark tour to Isla Mujeres for us with Jullie who's a local free dive and scuba instructor. She also happens to be the mermaid passengers on the Atlantis submarine see. She met us at the ferry and accompanied us all the way to the boat operator, Abel and his wife, where she was our in water guide. We had a fantastic day snorkeling with dozens of whale sharks and manta rays. While the diving was excellent, this day of snorkeling with the ocean's largest fish proved to be the highlight of our trip. I would recommend Aldora without reservations. They are awesome!

1 Thank Lenny Z
Little Rock, Arkansas
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“The Best And The Worst”
Reviewed July 21, 2013

Okay, I have been to Cozumel twice, and my husband and I went diving with Aldora both times. We are experienced divers and do not mind paying for a better experience. We came back to Cozumel because our first experience with Aldora was so good. Last time we had one of the best DMs ever.

Our most recent trip was not the same. We dove with Edgar this time. He is not as attentive as our prior DM, and he did not seem happy to be with any of us on the boat. The currents were not to strong, but I found it odd that he decided to lead the group in directions that forced everyone to fight the current to stay with him. It was a good way to force the less experienced divers to use up their air fast though. The dives we went on with Edgar did not last any longer than what I would have expected with an AL80. We went on some good dives but not worth the amount we paid. My husband wanted me to rate them a three and I wanted to rate them a one so we settled on the middle and gave them a 2 our of 5.

I know why everyone loves diving with them because we did last time. I hope everyone has better experiences than we did.

5 Thank Bubbles_33_2013_
Comanche, Oklahoma
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“1st dive vacation”
Reviewed July 21, 2013

This was my first dive vacation, after much research I chose to do 5 days of diving with Aldora Divers. I dived with Adriana for the first four days and could not have asked for a better DM to have been with for my first dives in Cozumel currents. She was very attentive to not only me but the entire group. After the first day Hendra joined us and just added to the experience. The last day of diving I went with Ricardo and got to watch one of our group take his first lion fish. It was a great pleasure to enjoy this with him. During this time I my skills and confidence grew, I still have lots to work on but with people like this you can not help but to grow as a diver. Memo and Julian run a first rate operation, I will return and refer people in the future. Thank you all for a great time.

1 Thank jeffromonty