“1st dive vacation”
Review of Aldora Divers

Aldora Divers
More attraction details
Owner description: Cozumel diving /tour company.
Comanche, Oklahoma
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“1st dive vacation”
Reviewed July 21, 2013

This was my first dive vacation, after much research I chose to do 5 days of diving with Aldora Divers. I dived with Adriana for the first four days and could not have asked for a better DM to have been with for my first dives in Cozumel currents. She was very attentive to not only me but the entire group. After the first day Hendra joined us and just added to the experience. The last day of diving I went with Ricardo and got to watch one of our group take his first lion fish. It was a great pleasure to enjoy this with him. During this time I my skills and confidence grew, I still have lots to work on but with people like this you can not help but to grow as a diver. Memo and Julian run a first rate operation, I will return and refer people in the future. Thank you all for a great time.

1 Thank jeffromonty

New England
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 17 helpful votes
“In Cozumel, I'll only dive with Aldora”
Reviewed July 18, 2013 via mobile

This was my first dive trip to Cozumel - but not my last. The Aldora experience is well organized, streamlined, and above all, safety conscious. I am an experience diver but was new to strong currents. In the course of 17 dives in 5 days, I really learned how to manage some of the ramifications of the ever changing currents of Cozumel.

Dive masters Dario and Steve were especially good at pointing out interesting creatures and marine behavior. It was a pleasure to learn from them.

Additionally, groups of divers of similar ability made it easy to have long bottom times. Aldora will send a boat out with as few as 2 divers and no more than 6. I'm now spoiled!

When my regulator developed a mechanical problem, Aldora lent me one at no charge!!

Adding all of these element together makes me look forward to returning to Cozumel but not before recommending Aldora Divers to my diving friends.

1 Thank Vvvvvvvbb
Corpus Christi, Texas, United States
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Cruise ship & Aldora!”
Reviewed July 10, 2013

I absolutely love diving with the people at Aldora! I got certified with Steve on my first visit and loved it. The staff members- Memo, Ricardo, Edgar & Steve - treat you like family each time you go back to visit. They take care of you!! My most recent visit I was only there for the day because I traveled on a cruise ship. We got off the cruise ship around 9 AM and got 2 amazing dives in, with DM Ricardo, plus had some yummy fish tacos at Mr. Sanchos and were back on the crusie ship by 3PM! :) The only disappointment I had during that trip was that I had to get back on the cruise ship. I recommend if you go to dive you must stay longer than a day. I'm looking forward to my next trip, soon!! Aldora is an outstanding establishment! I wish I was there right now. :D

Visited June 2013
Cincinnati, Ohio, United States
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 17 helpful votes
“Awesome experience for family, certification & DSD”
Reviewed July 9, 2013

My wife and I have four children ages 10 - 15 and chose to dive with Aldora. They were an outstanding choice and we had an incredible time with them. Total of four, two tank dives for the entire family including 4 certification dives for three children, two DSD sessions along with five dives for the DSD child. Ernesto was our instructor and primary DM, and we couldn't have asked for a better person to trust with our kids. He was incredibly patient, friendly and had a unique way of coaching our kids so that their confidence was improved with every dive while they also understood what they needed to improve. I have never been so impressed with a DM as I was with Ernesto, and he was like a family member to my kids by the end of the trip. Hendra was the DM trainee and he sang with our kids, played and joked with them between dives. They were incredibly professional, well organized especially with the visits to the shop to size equipment and pickup after our last dive, and were fun on top of it all. It was challenging to have four kids, three being certified, on one trip and they were always accommodating to the situation. Our other child was not confident enough yet to complete his certification so we tried DSD in the pool. The tank was too big at 100 cf and he just couldn't get control of the setup. He asked the next day to try again with Ernesto and he used a small 35 cf pony tank which gave our son a ton of confidence resulting in five successful DSD dives! They also got smaller 65 and 80 cf tanks for the other three kids to help make their experience as enjoyable as possible. It was incredible to see four smiling kids who enjoyed their first ocean dives and were singing every day at 7:30 AM when the boat arrived to pick us up.

Overall we couldn't have been happier with the family experience. The planning process with staff over email, dive crew and boat crew were all amazing. They helped us create family memories that will last a lifetime and we are incredibly grateful for the care that they showed toward us and our family. We trusted them every step of the way and we couldn't have made a better choice. We will use them again for every future dive trip to Cozumel and would recommend them to anyone.

1 Thank Don_Coleman
Richmond, Missouri, United States
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“very good place to dive with”
Reviewed June 27, 2013

i booked a discover scuba with them for my daughter and her friend and a dive for my wife and i. we had Jonathon for my daughters instructor and let me tell you we was awesome. he had the patience of a saint. the girls where having a lot of trouble especially with the clearing of the mask, but he stuck with them and got them through it. so then we went to do our shore dive and again the girls had a lot of troubles, but he stuck with them until they decided they didn't want to do it no more, and diving wasn't for them. so since it was going to be just my wife and i on the second dive. he decided to take us to Santa Rosa wall. which was unbelievable it was only my wife and mines 8th dive as we was just certified in may, and it was are first ocean dive. but he was great making sure my wife and i was doing good throughout the whole dive, knowing we was still pretty green to diving. we will definitely be going diving with them again in the future and hopefully the near future.

Visited June 2013