All reviews ocean view coffee delivered every morning san miguel the hotel is clean balcony ferry ac mexico playa
Selected filters
Reviewed August 6, 2010

Vista del Mar is a good place to stay if you’re not picky. It's very clean, the hotel staffs are helpful, the room is spacious, and shower has room for scuba gear cleaning. We had a great view of the ocean and the street, so you can people watch and enjoy the ocean at the same time. There is a pier right across the street so you can watch the people leave on their dives and watch the locals (kids) enjoy the warm water. The breakfast is just a little something to get your day stared...rolls, jam, butter, orange juice and coffee. We loved the fact that it's close to everything, all the plaza's, gift shops, museum and restaurants, even pizza hut and McDonalds (just in case) Parking is a drag since you have to MAKE SURE you park across the street or you will get towed(please make sure you rent a car, its much better). (Almost happened to us)The only reason we would not go back is because the pillows and mattress are as hard as a rock! We had a really hard time sleeping on such a hard bed, but like I said if you’re not picky this hotel is really nice.

Date of stay: August 2010
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 19, 2010

I paid $41 per night for this place and I most say that for the price, this is an excellent place.

Location: The place is located on the main avenue just a few blocks from the ferry. The mall, restaurants, tours, and everything else you might need is nearby.

Rooms: The rooms are fairly large with a nice bed and either a view of the water or the courtyard. The showers showed their age a bit and the fridge was out-dated as well, but everything else is more than expected for the cost.

Service: I was only there 3 nights, but they all knew my name and were very helpful. I'm never one to care too much about service as long as its quick, but I do have to say they did an excellent job.

Overall: This is not a fancy hotel and is slightly dated (only slightly), but if you're looking for a nice hotel at a cheap price, then this is a great place.

• Trip type: Traveled solo
1  Thank wrld_trav82
Reviewed July 11, 2010

I picked this place because it was inexpensive and only a few blocks from the ferry terminal. We had planned to stay only one night on our way to Cancun (we flew in and out of Cozumel Airport). It was so great we decide to return there on our way back. The rooms are spacious; the balconies are wonderful for hanging out; the continental breakfast is unusally good (albeit just fresh baked rolls, juice and coffee). The pool is small but the water is wonderfully clean, soft and refreshing. The location is great. It is just a few blocks from the center of town, which has a wonderful open square with music, restaurants, vendors, shopping etc. I see some complaints about the staff which are incomprehensible. While the staff is not overly friendly, they are certainly hospitable, polite, professional and responsive to all our requests. i cannot recommend this place more.

• Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed July 10, 2010

First of all I believe the reviews about this so called hotel must be from the staff that works there. When I arrived I felt anything but welcomed from the staff. They did not have my reservations for my 2 rooms. The hotel reception is just a table with a chair and a laptop. That "woman" in the time of the check-in was super rude to us. At first she told us there were no rooms available and then all of the sudden she found 10 empty rooms. We had no other choice but to stay here for 1 night. The only way that you can get them to smile is when you show them the credit card. They are all about the MONEY! The so called friendliness that they are is because they look at us with the money sign. I have to say that the picture about this hotel favors them a lot. The hotel is not that pretty. It’s in the middle of a plaza. I would never go back to this hotel even if it’s my last options, I would prefer to take the ferry back to Playa del Carmen then stay here.

Date of stay: June 2010
Trip type: Traveled with family
2  Thank I_love_2_travel86
Reviewed July 9, 2010

Hugely charming! This is a really great boutique hotel in a great location, with staff that will make you feel like you are family. It was amazing the welcome I got a check-in, so warm, and hospitable. I just adored my stay there, and wish I could have stayed a lot longer than 2 nights. I will ABSOLUTELY being going back, and this will be my hotel. It's hard to tailor reviews to everyone's taste. If you need plush, elegance, then this won't do it for you, but if you want cozy, warm, comfortable, feel right at home, with an authentic Mexican ambiance, then move right in! I can't say enough about this hotel, so I'll probably jump all over the place. I had an oceanview room, pay the small amount extra, if you can get it, as it was well worth it. The view was really great. Certainly don't book elsewhere if you can't get the oceanview, because the hotel is so much more. I just want to go back right now. The fridge in the room was really convenient. Try some local eateries, not the Americanized margarita, and frog ones, but true local eateries, but then save yourself some huge dollars, and get food from the local grocery markets (Mega, and Chedraui, but I think there is also a San Francisco), and make use of the fridge in your room. The hotel does provide a daily liter of water, but if you drink a lot of water like I do, it's super cheap at the markets. Oh, the juice, hot beverage, and pastries in the morning were a really nice treat too. Just go, and enjoy yourself, stay at the Vista del Mar. Oh yes, the staff also spoke plenty enough English, so no issue if you don't know Spanish, but you should learn at least a little. See, I keep thinking of more...The free wi-fi in the room was really convenient, and good.

• Trip type: Traveled solo