“The Milwaukee's best of Mexico”

Fury Catamarans - Tours
More attraction details
Owner description: One of Cozumel's all time favorite tours, offering extreme fun for everyone! Snorkel in crystal clear waters from a 65 foot catamaran with stairway to the ocean, showers, big shaded lounge with comfortable tables and seats, spacious sun deck, bar onboard and two restrooms. Visit Fury's pristine private beach - go kayaking, relax on a float in the warm waters or swing in a hammock. Ice cold beer, delicious margaritas and sodas included!
Reviewed June 4, 2009

For a first time experience this would not be all that bad, but if you have been snorkeling before this will not cut it. The place they take you to is weak and hardley any reef. Then they push that you get free margaritas and beer which turned out to be Virgin Margaritas and horrible Beer. ( I drink natural light, so if I am saying this is bad then ...) So if you are expecting a great experience just be fore warned this is no where near the best Trust me.

5  Thank CashNitIn
Write a ReviewReviews (1,247)
All reviews
"dance party"
in 21 reviews
"fish"
in 232 reviews
"free beer and margaritas"
"line dancing"
in 12 reviews
"lots of fun"
in 40 reviews

Reviewed May 1, 2009

We took the Fury Beach Party trip and had a really nice time, though there is room for improvement. The lunch and snorkelling were great, but the margaritas have NO tequilla -non at all- as in nada-zip-zitch, in them. I am not sure if that is the way they are suppose to be-perhaps it's part of the non-alcoholic drinks, but it's very deceiving. You pay good money for the trip, so it is very cheap on their part not to have even a touch of alcohol in them. I had 8 full-size glasses, and all I got from it was diabetes!!!. So, if you need/want the buzz, drink beer. Over all, we had a great time. The boat is fantastic, but be honest about the margaritas- as I hate beer!! My husband says, bring your own tequila-it's cheap here.
Adios!

3  Thank SpinnyBoss
Reviewed December 7, 2008

This was our first cruise, and we decided to book the Fury Catamaran excursion in Cozumel based on high marks not only in the Disney Cruise Line Passporter, but also on tripadvisor.com

First, the cat took us to a snorkeling spot that supposedly only they had access too. We went a ways away from the ship, but it was still pretty close to the road. Like we could have just parked, walked down and got in the water to snorkel. Then, they only gave us 45 minutes to be in the water. It takes me that long to get comfy in my gear and the water (which was cold..). There were not fish or anything around to look at until one of the crew got in with some fish food. Before you knew it, it was time to get back in the boat. On to the "private beach". It was a beautiful beach, complete with a water trampoline and iceberg climbing wall, but we no longer got situated than we had to pack up and go! They only gave us one hour!!

But, my biggest gripe was about the bathrooms on the cat. We took the first snorkel cruise out that morning, and I was one of the first on the cat. I sat right next to the stairs going down to the bathroom. No one went down to the bathroom before me, I was the first. I couldn't believe how nasty it was. Someone had thrown up all over the place, and no one cleaned it up! There was also no toilet paper and no paper towels. Now, I know no one went to the bathroom before me. It had to have been left from the day before!! At that point I decided there was no way in heck I was going to drink their water or margaritas that they were REALLY pushing. They seemed kind of upset that none of our group was drinking, as I'm sure their thought was to get us to drinking a little and we might tip more on our way off the boat. Needless to say, we tipped very little. I wish we had complained, but we didn't. There was nowhere, or very little space on the questionnaire at the end of the cruise to complain.

Besides the bathroom incident, the entire thing was too rushed and we felt like cattle being herded around. Never again.

5  Thank lavawalker
Reviewed June 6, 2008

Late May 08, our family of eight adults went on the Fury catamaran snokel tour in Cozumel. All of us had a wonderful time! The crew was extremely helpful besides fun. We saw lots of fish even though the seas were choppy. In comparison to a similar fishing boat snokeling trip in March, this was a total joy. We felt safe and comfortable. The beach party and BBQ was simple, but perfect as far as we were concerned. Our family loved the water toys!!! The entire boat seemed to thoroughly enjoy themselves and the crew and guests danced on the return to Cozumel. I thoroughly recommend this trip.

1  Thank higgins08
See more reviews
Reviewed March 28, 2008

The staff was fun and helpful....BUT if you are an experienced snorkeler...this is not for you. It is too controlled and too crowded. The private beach had 4 other boats there....each boat had 100-120 persons...not so private.... We had fun, but way too rushed. We had an hour of snorkeling and an hour at the beach...but by the time all 110 people got off...it was only 45 minutes. I watched other boats that took walk ons with only 20-30 people...and they went to 2 sights, Fury only did one. I was very disappointed... Hey but the all you can drink margaritas and beer eased some of the pain.... would NOT recommend this tour!!!

5  Thank ElleSD