“We didn't care for Fury Catamaran excursion in Cozumel”

Fury Catamarans - Tours
$51.00*
and up
Caribbean Combo - Sailing, Snorkeling and Sunset
More attraction details
Owner description: One of Cozumel's all time favorite tours, offering extreme fun for everyone! Snorkel in crystal clear waters from a 65 foot catamaran with stairway to the ocean, showers, big shaded lounge with comfortable tables and seats, spacious sun deck, bar onboard and two restrooms. Visit Fury's pristine private beach - go kayaking, relax on a float in the warm waters or swing in a hammock. Ice cold beer, delicious margaritas and sodas included!
Northern Cali
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“We didn't care for Fury Catamaran excursion in Cozumel”
Reviewed December 7, 2008

This was our first cruise, and we decided to book the Fury Catamaran excursion in Cozumel based on high marks not only in the Disney Cruise Line Passporter, but also on tripadvisor.com

First, the cat took us to a snorkeling spot that supposedly only they had access too. We went a ways away from the ship, but it was still pretty close to the road. Like we could have just parked, walked down and got in the water to snorkel. Then, they only gave us 45 minutes to be in the water. It takes me that long to get comfy in my gear and the water (which was cold..). There were not fish or anything around to look at until one of the crew got in with some fish food. Before you knew it, it was time to get back in the boat. On to the "private beach". It was a beautiful beach, complete with a water trampoline and iceberg climbing wall, but we no longer got situated than we had to pack up and go! They only gave us one hour!!

But, my biggest gripe was about the bathrooms on the cat. We took the first snorkel cruise out that morning, and I was one of the first on the cat. I sat right next to the stairs going down to the bathroom. No one went down to the bathroom before me, I was the first. I couldn't believe how nasty it was. Someone had thrown up all over the place, and no one cleaned it up! There was also no toilet paper and no paper towels. Now, I know no one went to the bathroom before me. It had to have been left from the day before!! At that point I decided there was no way in heck I was going to drink their water or margaritas that they were REALLY pushing. They seemed kind of upset that none of our group was drinking, as I'm sure their thought was to get us to drinking a little and we might tip more on our way off the boat. Needless to say, we tipped very little. I wish we had complained, but we didn't. There was nowhere, or very little space on the questionnaire at the end of the cruise to complain.

Besides the bathroom incident, the entire thing was too rushed and we felt like cattle being herded around. Never again.

5 Thank lavawalker

St. Louis, Missouri
20 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 25 helpful votes
“Snokel Fun on the Fury”
Reviewed June 6, 2008

Late May 08, our family of eight adults went on the Fury catamaran snokel tour in Cozumel. All of us had a wonderful time! The crew was extremely helpful besides fun. We saw lots of fish even though the seas were choppy. In comparison to a similar fishing boat snokeling trip in March, this was a total joy. We felt safe and comfortable. The beach party and BBQ was simple, but perfect as far as we were concerned. Our family loved the water toys!!! The entire boat seemed to thoroughly enjoy themselves and the crew and guests danced on the return to Cozumel. I thoroughly recommend this trip.

1 Thank higgins08
Sunny San Diego
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“experienced snorkelers stay away”
Reviewed March 28, 2008

The staff was fun and helpful....BUT if you are an experienced snorkeler...this is not for you. It is too controlled and too crowded. The private beach had 4 other boats there....each boat had 100-120 persons...not so private.... We had fun, but way too rushed. We had an hour of snorkeling and an hour at the beach...but by the time all 110 people got off...it was only 45 minutes. I watched other boats that took walk ons with only 20-30 people...and they went to 2 sights, Fury only did one. I was very disappointed... Hey but the all you can drink margaritas and beer eased some of the pain.... would NOT recommend this tour!!!

5 Thank ElleSD
Topeka
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“look for someone else to take you snorkeling”
Reviewed January 29, 2008

Just got back from Cozumel, and loved it. We did the Fury snorkeling tour. It was a dinner and sunset cruise. It was not at all what we expected. I thought these were sailing vessels. Not so- the boat has a sail, but it is purely ornamental. they actually have 2 engines that really run the boat. The crew was excellent. They were fun and explained everything in great detail. The problem was the places they took us to snorkel. They were very poor sites. No fish almost nothing to look at. Snorkeling with 60 or so people is a mess. I was always getting seperated from my wife. She is a novice snorkeler so I really tried to look out for her. So many people snorkeling in a small area, you are always bumping into someone or getting kicked. But truly the snorkeling was terrible at both places we went to.
Next they took us to their beach which is beautiful and fed us dinner. Which was a hamburger, cooked many hours before we got there. They have kayaks you can take out and beach volleyball, and for a fee, horse back riding. It was beautiful to watch the sun set as we motored back into shore. But all in all, next time I go snorkeling, I will be inclined to book a private individual and look for a more remote spot. Away from the crowd.

9 Thank Wichers
Washington, DC
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 23 helpful votes
“Great Time!”
Reviewed January 13, 2008

Had a great time on this tour! The staff was helpful, attentive, and hysterical. The food at the beach party was good and the catamaran was great. The snorkeling was really good and it was super easy to meet others on board. I would have loved to extend the boat ride after the party because it is so nice to be on the water. Tip - it is a great activity to do on a Sunday because there are no cruise ships on this day so you are the only Fury boat on the water, which means more fish, more beer, and more fun for you!

5 Thank ddnd03