“look for someone else to take you snorkeling”

Fury Catamarans - Tours
More attraction details
Owner description: One of Cozumel's all time favorite tours, offering extreme fun for everyone! Snorkel in crystal clear waters from a 65 foot catamaran with stairway to the ocean, showers, big shaded lounge with comfortable tables and seats, spacious sun deck, bar onboard and two restrooms. Visit Fury's pristine private beach - go kayaking, relax on a float in the warm waters or swing in a hammock. Ice cold beer, delicious margaritas and sodas included!
Reviewed January 29, 2008

Just got back from Cozumel, and loved it. We did the Fury snorkeling tour. It was a dinner and sunset cruise. It was not at all what we expected. I thought these were sailing vessels. Not so- the boat has a sail, but it is purely ornamental. they actually have 2 engines that really run the boat. The crew was excellent. They were fun and explained everything in great detail. The problem was the places they took us to snorkel. They were very poor sites. No fish almost nothing to look at. Snorkeling with 60 or so people is a mess. I was always getting seperated from my wife. She is a novice snorkeler so I really tried to look out for her. So many people snorkeling in a small area, you are always bumping into someone or getting kicked. But truly the snorkeling was terrible at both places we went to.
Next they took us to their beach which is beautiful and fed us dinner. Which was a hamburger, cooked many hours before we got there. They have kayaks you can take out and beach volleyball, and for a fee, horse back riding. It was beautiful to watch the sun set as we motored back into shore. But all in all, next time I go snorkeling, I will be inclined to book a private individual and look for a more remote spot. Away from the crowd.

9  Thank Wichers
Write a ReviewReviews (1,247)
All reviews
"dance party"
in 21 reviews
"fish"
in 232 reviews
"free beer and margaritas"
"line dancing"
in 12 reviews
"lots of fun"
in 40 reviews

Reviewed January 13, 2008

Had a great time on this tour! The staff was helpful, attentive, and hysterical. The food at the beach party was good and the catamaran was great. The snorkeling was really good and it was super easy to meet others on board. I would have loved to extend the boat ride after the party because it is so nice to be on the water. Tip - it is a great activity to do on a Sunday because there are no cruise ships on this day so you are the only Fury boat on the water, which means more fish, more beer, and more fun for you!

5  Thank ddnd03
Reviewed August 15, 2006

Our party of 5 had a blast on our catamaran snorkeling tour. Our dive masters were great and we saw a wide variety of marine life including sea turtles and even a small shark. We enjoyed the party on the beach, even though it ended all too soon. The staff was wonderful and accomodating. Everyone had a blast trying to jump and fly like one of the passengers. I say Fury is wonderful and it will be part of my next visit as well!

9  Thank CozumelDreams
A TripAdvisor Member
fort lauderdale
Reviewed July 3, 2006

i persuaded my wife to be to take this tour with me when we were in cozumel last month. she is not a good swimmer so was nervous about snorkeling but the guides were fantastic. they gave us a very good briefing before we went in the water and answered all our questions. when we went in the water we had lifevests and guides were also with us with bouys. the snorkeling lasted just the right amount of time for us. then they took us to a beautiful beach, we were the only ones there.

mark martin

9  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
See more reviews
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed April 14, 2006

I'd heard so many things about snorkeling in Cozumel since the storms last year, so I booked this boat trip with my husband because people recommended to go to the southern reefs (you can't reach these without a boat).

Well.. I can tell you the snorkeling is fantastic! We saw heaps o fish and the baot's photographer got a great underwater shot of me and DH with plenty of 'zebra' fish (sorry, don;t know their real name!)

To top it off, just as we were finishing the snorkel part a turtle passed us by... I saw it but DH missed it (something I didn't let him forget hehe).

After that the beach break was lovely too... a great day out all round.

Thanks Fury... see you again next time.

Janice in Oregon