“Excellent food and atmosphere”
Review of Casa Cuzamil

Casa Cuzamil
Ranked #45 of 394 Restaurants in Cozumel
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Casa Cuzamil Restaurant and Sports Bar is locaated on 5av between 3sur y Adolofo Rosado Salas, approximately 3 blocks South of the Downtown Clock Tower Square. Casa Cuzamil is a Carribean Blue Bar and palapa restaurant catering to tourists as well as the local clientele. Newly renovated, this restaurant features Mayan Chef Josue Yama serving various well known American dishes as well as a Mayan variety of Mexican dishes and seafood. Upon your arrival at Casa Cuzamil, you will be greeted by Mgr. Wil Dzib to seat you in either the lower level featuring Cozumel underwater seascaped murals or upstairs in the formal dining area or the sea breezed palapa over looking San Miguel city. By calling ahead special menu arrangements as well as seating for large parties or sporting events can be arranged.
Reviewed March 7, 2014

This place is very clean and the food and atmosphere is perfect. The second floor is a great place to take large groups and enjoy the clean, open atmosphere. The family that purchased and cleaned this place up is from Texas. The local chef serves up some of the best food on the island. American sports were always on at least one of the many TV's. We are definitely going back. Thanks Asa.

Reviewed February 20, 2014

While on the island, we always try to have a lunch at Sabores on avenida 5. We loved the family atmosphere (heck, you walked through the house and kitchen to get to the backyard patio of tables) and excellent choices of lunch items.

Sadly, on our last visit we saw that their sign was no longer out. We were very hungry and decided to walk back up the street (5th) towards the plaza to find an alternative. We came to Casa Cuzamil. It looked inviting and the owner (Willy?) was very friendly. We asked about Sabores and he immediately flashed a big grin and said, "I am Sabores!" Turns out the family decided to retire. So Willy and other members of the family opened up Casa Cuzamil (It was previously the French Quarter)

We ended up eating here three times before our time on the island was up. Everything is fresh, tastefully presented, and excellently priced. I think their Mole' is the best I've had, ever.

Anyway, you'll not regret spending time at Casa Cuzamil!

1  Thank rtousley
Reviewed January 20, 2014

We have watched this spot change a few times. Now Casa Cuzamil has it. I really like it. Go in for the lunch special, the comida del dia. Just ask what is on it. You get a full meal with soup and drink and all for about 60 pesos. I had the enchiladas mole. Good mole, I though and the portions were large for lunch. Service was nice. Sat upstairs open to the nice breeze. I hope they can make it at this location. Really nice restaurant.

Reviewed January 16, 2014

I spent two weeks diving in Cozumel, and this is the only restaurant I frequented on multiple occasions (three times in total).

Reason being... they are always open... the service is great... the food is delicious, and the value is INSANE.

Don't order off the menu... just ask what their daily special is, and go with that. In addition to their daily special, they always have a special on their chicken dishes (e.g. mole, verde, salsa). Their chicken mole is the best mole I've ever tried. Getting hungry just thinking about it...

Absolutely fabulous place to grab delicious food at a ridiculously reasonable price.

Reviewed January 14, 2014

Some Cozumel regulars on our dive boat invited us to join them at this location for a late lunch. The food and and service were exceptional. If you visit, I would recommend that you order one of the lunch specials. The mixed drinks were also good and the prices were more than fair. I would have to conclude that this was probably our favorite restaurant on the island. We would recommend and we would go back - in fact - we did!!!