“Fun experience”

Islander Fish Spa
Ranked #1 of 28 Spas & Wellness in Cozumel
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: <1 hour
Owner description: Our fish suck the dead skin off your feet leaving only healthy skin and making your feet feel fantastic. But that is only a small part of the Islander Fish Spa experience. It is the joy of laughter shared as a group with your friends and family. It is being in a stunning setting as you gaze out on a beautiful beach as the scent of French oils float through the air. It is the series of changes that your body experiences as it glides from adrenaline rush to laughter to the velvety feeling of endorphins coursing through you and finally through the Reflexology effect of having your nerve endings stimulated by healthy powerful Garra Rufa fish, thus giving you an incredible sense of well being. Followed by a wonderful foot massage and exfoliation, you find yourself becoming blissfully happy and marvelously relaxed. This is the Islander Fish Spa experience. Fish spas provide an all-natural manicure and pedicure. Small toothless carp suck the dead skin from your feet and hands leaving them soft and smooth like baby skin. It's fun, full of laughs, safe and sanitary. Several filtering systems including UV filtering sterilize 99.99% of the water every 8 minutes. Come and find out what everyone is talking about and excited to try. We're located right inside Cozumel's best beach club - Mr. Sancho's & we're completely handicapped accessable and family friendly.
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities, Wheelchair access, Activities for young children, Activities for older children
Hartford, Connecticut
“Fun experience”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 28, 2014 via mobile

Great experience, I couldn't believe how relaxed I felt after, definitely worth a try. The owner and staff were wonderful. Something everyone should try, it's worth it!

Visited March 2014
Fishmamacoz, Owner at Islander Fish Spa, responded to this review, May 12, 2014
Thank you so much for visiting Islander Fish Spa and for such a nice review. It's great to hear that you enjoyed your visit. Was there anything additional that we, or our fish, could have done to make it a 5 Star experience for you? Please come again your next Cozumel visit!

Waynesboro, Georgia, United States
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“The best!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 27, 2014

This is the first review I have done on TripAdvisor. But I have to say the Islander Fish Spa at Mr Sancho's was amazing. It had me in laughing so hard from the tickling at first but I got use to it and my feet well the $30 I paid for $30 minutes was ten times the $45 I paid for a pedi before my vacation. Absolutely love it!!

Fishmamacoz, Owner at Islander Fish Spa, responded to this review, May 12, 2014
Thank you so much for visiting Islander Fish Spa and for such a nice review. We're flattered that we could be your first review, and we're happy to hear that you laughed through the entire experience! Please come again anytime you are in Cozumel.
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“This was absolutely amazing!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 26, 2014

The owner, wife, and staff are great when it comes to customer service. The fish have no teeth and it does not hurt. It feels like a vibrating sensation, it's definitely "weird" feeling but you can get used to it fairly quickly. The foot message proceeding the pedicure is great and it's included in the price! I highly recommend this attraction.

Fishmamacoz, Owner at Islander Fish Spa, responded to this review, May 12, 2014
Thank you so much for visiting Islander Fish Spa and for such a nice review. We are pleased that you enjoyed your experience. Please come again anytime you are in Cozumel. All my best to you and many thanks.
New Orleans, Louisiana
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Busy fish!!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 25, 2014

Met the owners while there. Victoria and Chris I thoroughly enjoyed my fish pedicure! At first I was nervous , however I was eager to try it! It tickles ever so slightly! I had no pain and it was fun! The fish actually made my heels perfectly smooth! What a neat experience! My friend Nancy will be there in December!!!! I shared my picture on Facebook! So all my friends want to go now!!! I highly recommend this !!!!

Atlanta, Georgia
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“one of the highlights of my trip”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 21, 2014

While visiting Mr. Sancho's beach club in Cozumel, I recently stumbled upon this novel "spa". The place is open-air and very friendly. I talked to the owner and her husband for a bit (also from Atlanta) and learned about the fish. Very interesting. They clean your feet for the safety of the fish before you soak. I opted for the "big fish" tank (each maybe an inch or 2 long) for 15 minutes. I put my feet in and it tickled a lot at first !!! I quickly adjusted and enjoyed the experience. Afterward, you finish with a nice, relaxing and exfoliating (5-10 min) foot massage. I paid $20 plus tip. I definitely recommend the experience. Honestly, my feet have felt softer after more soaking, scrubbing, not-so-enjoyable filing, etc. at other spas, but none have been this much fun! Maybe I should've paid a little more and let the fishies nibble on my dead skin a little longer!

1 Thank hoyamom1
Fishmamacoz, Owner at Islander Fish Spa, responded to this review, April 22, 2014
Thank you so much for visiting Islander Fish Spa and for such a nice review. We are pleased that you enjoyed your experience. In regards to your comment about the softness of your feet, we tell our customers that 15 minutes is just to try the experience, you will always need a minimum of 30 minutes or more for the best outcome depending on what condition your feet are in. Please come again anytime you are in Cozumel. I would suggest next time you try a longer session for better results. All my best to you and many thanks.