“Great experience”
Review of NIrvana Dive shop

NIrvana Dive shop
More attraction details
Owner description: We focus on providing a tailored and friendly service, ensuring that you have the time of your life in a safe and professional environment. With a full range of diving services, NIrvana Diving School, offers small groups and scuba diving experiences packed with great fun and breathtaking memories!
Jerusalem, Israel
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Great experience”
Reviewed April 4, 2013 via mobile

It was great to dive with them! My husband is a first time diver and took the open water course, Aristo was great, he took the time for explanations, he is very cool and has a lot of experience. I joined the dive later and it was great, he really tried to make sure that we are enjoying the marine life, found many cat fish, sea horses and other animals. The equipment was good and in general I warmly recommend them!!!

Visited April 2013
2 Thank GeuH

• Hebrew first
Chicago, Illinois
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Wonderful!”
Reviewed March 19, 2013

I emailed Diver Down to plan a discover scuba trip for my family. This was going to be a first dive trip for my kids and of course, I was concerned about how things would be handled. I wanted to make sure that my children were safe, got the close attention that they needed, and that where we did the dive would be appropriate for them. I had many, many questions. Socrates patiently and thouroughly answered them all.

In one of his final emails, he made sure to question me regarding any medical history of asthma. THANK GOODNESS!!! Being a new diver myself, I stupidly didn't realize that my son's intermittent asthma could be a problem.

When I emailed Socrates to tell him that we would not be able to book the discover scuba with him due to my son's health, he was so kind. I had mentioned that we would end up snorkeling, and he told me of a few places that could be good spots to do that.

Nice, nice, nice.

If I get the opportunity to go back to Cozumel and dive, you can be sure I will be doing it with Diver Down.

3 Thank BertaSuzzanne
Socrates C, Owner at NIrvana Dive shop, responded to this review, March 22, 2013
Hi Roberta

Thanks for the great feedback! Let's hope your son grows out of his asthma and can become a diver when he is older! Many adults become divers who had mild childhood asthma and grew out of it, so he may still have the chance in the future!!!

Enjoy your time on Cozumel!
Tampa, Florida
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great Communication”
Reviewed March 18, 2013

Arived on Allure of the Seas on 3/15 but Coleta (diving) Port had been closed due to bad weather for the last three days. Via email Socrates kept me informed while I was on the ship and at 8:30amp sent me a note that the port was open and if I wanted to dive they would make it happen for me. Aristotle met me at the dock and was the dive master. He when out of his way to make sure I had a good time. Thanks Guys I will look you up next time in Cozumel. Mark T.

Visited March 2013
Review collected in partnership with this attraction

1 Thank EMarkT
Portland OR
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 19 helpful votes
“Loved it!!”
Reviewed March 14, 2013

After reading reviews about this company I decided to book my party with them. Socrates met us at the hotel to go over what we wanted to book and do, he was very friendly and knows his information. He also came back the next two nights to check up on us and say hello which was nice and told us they would pick us up in the morning. Aristotle met us in the morning and put us into a cab which he took care of and off to the boat dock we went. Socrates then showed up with two more people and gear and we got on the boat and off we went. They supplied snacks and drinks, went over the dives and plan for the day. We snorkled while people dove, then went over training and went to shore to practice skills, then went diving @ 40ft.

Socrates points out the stuff you need to see and they are always asking how much air you have left so def great dive masters. Also he was taking some AMAZING photos of everybody so that was a huge bonus and something we did not expect.

short story is these guys are awesome and def would go back!! Thanks again guys!!!

Visited March 2013
Socrates C, Owner at NIrvana Dive shop, responded to this review, March 15, 2013
Thanks so much! We are glad you had a great time! It was great having you guys dive with us. Hope to see you again soon. Take care!
Cozumel, Mexico
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Amazing dive experience!”
Reviewed March 5, 2013

I went diving for the first time in Cozumel with Aristotle (Socrates' brother) for my birthday. It was an incredible experience and I saw my first nurse shark! I enjoyed it so much that I took my friend with me the next day and we went diving with Socrates. My friend got cold, so they gave her another wetsuit and that solved the issue. We also got wonderful pictures underwater! I always felt very safe when diving with them. They are very professional, highly experienced and overall nice people. Thank you Diver Down Cozumel!

Visited February 2013