“getting ready to scuba”

Cozumel Mini Submarine Adventure
More attraction details
Owner description: Explore the Underwater World James Bond style !!! This real Mini Submarine is easy and safe to operate and allows you to experience a fantastic underwater adventure. Meet you bilingual Guide at an exclusive Beach Resort where you will receive a full safety briefing and operational instructions before starting your underwater adventure. Immerse into the beautiful Caribbean, guided by a professional dive master. See amazing sea life and coral formations, discover the magnificent “inner space” and take home unforgettable memories of driving your own personal submarine. NO SCUBA DIVING EXPERIENCE OR CERTIFICATION NEEDED !!!
Reviewed June 14, 2013

its a great attraction and if you are getting ready for your first time out scuba diving it teaches you the breathing and how to clear wasn't that long and you didn't really go very far but my dive right after was so much easier to get into since I had already learned some of the basics could care less to touch the critters but did like to see them swimming around you and not having to worry about the mask and everything was nice but really if you are going to do something like this take the scuba thing that Cozumel does that was way better

Review collected in partnership with this attraction

Reviewed June 14, 2013

We booked this tour through an affiliate of Cruise One. I went with my boyfriend who was a little intimidated by the idea of scuba diving, so we figured this would be a good compromise. Although I would've liked the tour to have lasted a bit longer (we were only under the water for like 25 minutes), we definitely got our money's worth. I've never done anything like this before, and it was really cool to see everyone in their little scuba suits. I felt like a villain from Scooby Doo! I liked being able to hold all of the animals. I saw them pick the animals up out off of the ocean floor, so I'm not sure what those other people are talking about with having them pre-caught (or maybe it was all for show, I'm not sure). We didn't hold a puffer fish, but we did hold a sea spider and a small ray. They also put some bread crumbs in your hand and a school of fish would come up and eat out of your hand. That was pretty cool.
Our guides were really funny and informative, and were very vigilant in ensuring everyone felt safe and comfortable on the sea floor. Plus, you get to use the ocean / chairs at the hotel Cozumel before and after the tour, so that was a nice little bonus. We had the option of putting our stuff into a locker, but we chose to be a little trustworthy and leave it with the guides (we brought our cash and cruise keys into the water with us, but I left my camera in the bag with the guides). Our stuff was totally safe, and nothing happened to it, and I never once felt like my stuff was going to get stolen or anything like that.
The one NEGATIVE thing I have to say is that the CD they give you of pictures is super expensive.... like $30 dollars. The girl gave us her email address so that if something happened to the CD, she could email us the pictures. But still. $30 is ridiculous for some pictures.

Review collected in partnership with this attraction
Reviewed June 14, 2013

My wife, our daughter and her husband, and I , spent a fun week on Cozumel May 18th to the 25th. The Mini Sub Adventure was our first excursion. Our guides at the Mini Sub were very attentive and explained the use of the mini sub very thoroughly, and we all got a real kick out of cruising along the ocean floor, and holding the sea creatures they brought to show us, we all wished it could have been longer but it was a good 30 Min. we were down which is what they told us it would be, due to how much air is in the tank on the front of the scooter. After the excursion you are invited to enjoy the hotels facilities. We snorkeled in their designated area, good snorkeling look for their mini Mayan Pyramid if you do this, we left our snorkel gear and stuff in their lockers and went and explored San Miguel. Just a great day all around.

Reviewed May 10, 2013

I have never been to this company but I am a diver and it is absolutely disgusting that they let you touch those animals. The puffer fish actually only can expand a few times in it's life for DEFENSIVE purposes, once it cannot puff anymore it dies! As well as a baby stingray... that little guy probably died an hour after you touched it.

I am a travel agent and I would never recommend you company and you should be ashamed of yourselves for hurting our oceans!!!!!

10  Thank Kailey L
Reviewed May 7, 2013

My wife and I did the mini sub adventure and we enjoyed it quite a bit. Would have liked it to have been longer and would have liked the sub/scooter to go faster. They depart from the Hotel Cozumel Dive Shop. They lower the subs into the water using a winch system and then you have to swim into them. I don't think I'll have to do it again but it was the wife's excursion and sometimes you have to do what she wants. Ha Ha. As for the tour guides going off to "find" the animals they let you hold. They know exactly what they are going to find and where to find it before getting in the water. They have a concrete block with a cavity in it where they keep most/all of the animals. They put a rock over it to keep them safe. Oops the secret is out... It was cool to hold the puffer fish and the small ray. And it was really funny to watch my wife attempt to itch her nose the first time, bonk, right into the glass bubble with her hand.