“Best Tacos Pastor”

Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Reviewed March 17, 2014

We never miss at least one visit to Mister Taco on our tips to Cozumel. They really do have the best Tacos al Pastor that we have had on the island and the fact that the place is full of locals attests to that.

A single Taco al Pastor will set you back less than 80cents US, so go ahead and order half a dozen!

They do serve soft drinks but no beer - you can bring your own or grab a few just across the street.

1  Thank Joe T

Reviewed February 22, 2014

My family and I have been going to Cozumel for the past 6 years and everytime we go, we are at Mister Taco at least 4 times during the week. The prices are cheap and the food is amazing. The staff are super friendly and they provide great service. They speak little English but the menu is pretty basic and simple. It usually does not open until after 6, but it starts getting more crowded into the night. For a extra treat, I recommend getting some 'Corn Esquites' from the little shop next door, It goes great with the tacos and is something different. I hope this place is around forever!!

Reviewed November 18, 2013

This was our first visit to a restaurant that wasn't on the main strip and we were not disappointed. I had the chicken tacos and bean soup. The soup was kind of bland until I put some verde salsa and lime in it then it was incredibly delicious. I would love to know how they cook their chicken because the chicken tacos were out of this world. All 3 of us couldn't get over how good they were. Very simple and basic resaurant but there's a reason the line is out the "door". I will be bac next time we visit Cozumel.

1  Thank DixieDiveChick
Reviewed October 1, 2013

Super authentic and delicious tacos! Our family and I highly recommend this place for your taste buds to get highly satisfied!

Reviewed September 13, 2013

My boyfriend raves about tacos de pastor he has when traveling to Mexico. Now I know what he was talking about. Excellent. I ate till I was stuffed. 5 of us ate for $12 and we were all seriously full. They don't serve beer but you can go across the street and bring some back with you. They are 9 pesos a piece and I ate 5. I probably would have been satisfied with4 but they were soon good! Once I tasted the pastor I wasn't interested in trying anything else. The combo of pork, pineapple, onion and cilantro, topped with the fresh squeezed limes they have in a bowl on the table were an amazing flavor combo I didn't want to spoil with hot sauce. Everyone else there was local. Highly recommend!